View Poll Results: Add this map to the server?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    1 100.00%
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    jacketsj is offline
    SG Player

    Join Date:
    10 Jul 2015
    Posts:
    10
    Thanked:
    0 in 0 Posts

    de_abstract request

    Map Suggestion
    Full map name
    de_abstract
    Type of map
    (CSGO) MiniGames
    Link to map downloadAdditional Information
    * Screenshots are on workshop page.
    * I have a gameplay video of a much older version (bad lighting and much less complicated) available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUN3LlvoHo
    * Map is under de_ prefix because it is a de_ map in every sense, but it is also a skate map at the same time. (feel free to mute, no music is present on the map)
    * I would recommend that you add it through traditional workshop methods instead of fastdl for the sake of simplicity (info found here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...rver_Operators)
    - If you don't wish to use the workshop version, you will have to rename it so that anyone subscribed to it doesn't get a conflicting message. It is pakratted, and I heard that that might cause issues with renames (I've never needed to try that myself), and if it does I should be able to provide textures seperately. Also worth noting: this map contains a navmesh. If you don't go the workshop route, don't forget that.
    * And a quick note in case anyone testing to make sure it works doesn't know how to skate: It's like bhopping without the jumping, or just how you move in the air while surfing. Unline regular skate maps though, you'll have to jump once (on a lower platform) to start skating.
    Screenshots attached
    No

  2. #2
    ShoieP is offline
    Banned

    Join Date:
    11 Feb 2012
    Location:
    FL
    Posts:
    1,205
    Thanked:
    405 in 253 Posts
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I'm going to have to go with No.

    Not everybody knows how to strafe around/bhop.
    I feel like more people would just RTV or leave until the map changes rather than take the time to learn how to skate.

  3. #3
    Black Rain is offline
    Server Administrator
    Black Rain's Avatar
    Join Date:
    23 Jun 2013
    Posts:
    331
    Thanked:
    75 in 54 Posts
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoieP View Post
    I'm going to have to go with No.

    Not everybody knows how to strafe around/bhop.
    I feel like more people would just RTV or leave until the map changes rather than take the time to learn how to skate.
    Yeah, as much as I like skating as a game mode, a lot of people who don't know how to strafe and whatnot will not enjoy this map. I've seen people ask how to skate on various mg maps when people pick that mode - so it tells me not everyone knows how to skate. Sorry but has to be a no from me too.
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : steelseries rival is what a guy on tt is using right now which is aimbot and speedhack
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : plz help
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : nvm
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : that is a mouse
    [26/03, 20:37] BoM : ...........
    [26/03, 20:37] * Intelligence slow claps. *
    Black Rainツ少: speaking of subway now i hate you and want a sammich
    Korean Ninja [SG]: you want a sammich?
    Korean Ninja [SG]: oh thats pretty easy
    Korean Ninja [SG]: get a guy name sam
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and a guy named mitch
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and there you go
    Korean Ninja [SG]: sammitch

  4. #4
    jacketsj is offline
    SG Player

    Join Date:
    10 Jul 2015
    Posts:
    10
    Thanked:
    0 in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
    Yeah, as much as I like skating as a game mode, a lot of people who don't know how to strafe and whatnot will not enjoy this map. I've seen people ask how to skate on various mg maps when people pick that mode - so it tells me not everyone knows how to skate. Sorry but has to be a no from me too.
    As much as I hate to admit it, this is all too true for a large portion of the players. However, I will say that for the map tests we had a lot of people who couldn't skate, and we slowly explained how to them. They normally figured it out and could get to about ~5-600 speed in a few round (which isn't very fast, especially on this map, but it is something), but that was only after countless explanations from patient teammates (map tests were played as competitive games).

  5. #5
    Nuclear Onion is offline
    Fuck birds, am I right?
    Nuclear Onion's Avatar
    Join Date:
    7 Apr 2013
    Location:
    Connecticut
    Posts:
    873
    Thanked:
    346 in 215 Posts
    Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jacketsj View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, this is all too true for a large portion of the players. However, I will say that for the map tests we had a lot of people who couldn't skate, and we slowly explained how to them. They normally figured it out and could get to about ~5-600 speed in a few round (which isn't very fast, especially on this map, but it is something), but that was only after countless explanations from patient teammates (map tests were played as competitive games).
    That sounds really annoying.

    Especially how new players join our server everyday so you would have to teach every new person how to skate. Makes it seem like a more of real pain in the ass than fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    white people are dumb as shit anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ExRev View Post
    BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU NUCLEAR FAGQUEEN.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulKeeper View Post
    you are a god among men


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT4ZZ2eLgZU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS40K53JQIg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZDK0vlpy8I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntpJrgCQ7E8

  6. #6
    Vick is offline
    Swiftie <3
    Vick's Avatar
    Join Date:
    24 Aug 2012
    Location:
    New Jersey
    Posts:
    1,569
    Thanked:
    306 in 263 Posts
    Donations:
    $20.00
    We get a lot of new players on the MG server, and when skate is picked, often times people don't know/how to skate. So, adding a whole map devoting to skate wouldn't be a good idea.
    I also would think it's kinda boring, might just be me.

  7. #7
    jacketsj is offline
    SG Player

    Join Date:
    10 Jul 2015
    Posts:
    10
    Thanked:
    0 in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    We get a lot of new players on the MG server, and when skate is picked, often times people don't know/how to skate. So, adding a whole map devoting to skate wouldn't be a good idea.
    I also would think it's kinda boring, might just be me.
    The boredom thing you'd have to judge for yourself, but having played a round of skate on lego moments ago and noticing that only 3 other people knew how to properly skate (none of whom could accomplish anything beyond being able to gain and maintain speed, which is not the extent everything there is), I'm going to have to take the stance that despite this map being derived from a minigames gamemode, a minigames server probably isn't the place for it.

  8. #8
    Bread is offline
    Administrative Officer
    Bread's Avatar
    Join Date:
    21 Feb 2009
    Location:
    Massachusetts
    Posts:
    1,656
    Thanked:
    638 in 363 Posts
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by jacketsj View Post
    The boredom thing you'd have to judge for yourself, but having played a round of skate on lego moments ago and noticing that only 3 other people knew how to properly skate (none of whom could accomplish anything beyond being able to gain and maintain speed, which is not the extent everything there is), I'm going to have to take the stance that despite this map being derived from a minigames gamemode, a minigames server probably isn't the place for it.
    Looks like a cool map but gotta agree with you there, don't think it would go well on MG.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •