View Poll Results: Do you think Mitt Romney would have been a better president then Obama?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think Mitt Romney would have done a better job.

10 18.87%
  • No, I think Obama is still better than him.

27 50.94%
  • I just want to see results

16 30.19%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SG Addict

Do you think Mitt Romney would have been a better president then Obama?

Share your thoughts! I'm quite curious

Edit: Can someone please add the third option for "I just want to see results", as I can't seem to change anything.
    thanks silent
    Last edited by Vy; 24 Aug 2014 at 03:49am.

SG Addict
    I'm not American but I think that Mitt Romney would have played more into pockets of the rich and powerful.

Server Administrator
    Let's see, Obama's primary issue is the republican majority House of Reps. Romney's would be the Democratic majority senate. Regardless of who their policies will favor, each is/would be completely neutered by this problem. Plus Romney was a right-wing douchenozzle at best.

SG Addict

Anyone else care to share their views? :P

Can't be scratched!
    Donations:
    $20.00
    As a resident of the state of Utah... I watched an Olympic committee create a massive deficit and scandal through misuse of funds and bribery. Putting the state in a very bad position financially.

Mitt Romney was then appointed to clean up the mess. He was able to correct the deficit, but also set up a trust somewhere in the 40 million dollar area to pay to maintain the Olympic venues so that they would not become useless artifacts, but could continue to be a resource available to the public. An excellent example of fixing a budget, not making it worse and it was beneficial to the residents in the long run.

That being said I can't say he'd have made a better president, just that people are quick to jump to judgments based on religion or political affiliation.

To be blunt Obama has in many ways acted the part of a right wing president. I really don't feel like going into a political debate, but many Democrats aren't happy with him for that very reason.

I think the bipartisan system is broken in many ways and Southpark's election episode where they had to vote either for a Giant Douche, or a Turd Sandwich made a really good point. It really comes down to who you think will do less damage and who is less of a liability. In the bid between Obama and Romney it's really hard to say who would have ended up doing more damage, neither was a great option.

Frag the weak, hurdle the dead!

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Going off of what Itch said, the entire system isn't working the best anymore, and hasn't been for awhile. I don't like Obama personally, I think he lies about what he is going to do, and then just does whatever he wants (or whatever he is pressured into), but much the same can be said for most politicians, so his is not a unique case. As a Texas resident, I can %100 say that Obama is better than Romney would have been. The government here, when it comes to social and educational issues, is one of the worst run in the US, or at least I think so for reasons I wont tangent into.

The two party system is degrading, much as Itch mentioned, into "Who do I think would be less bad for us?" instead of actually thinking they will get anything done. I can consider voting for either side in most elections, for as much as I dislike the republican social ideals, I agree with many of their fiscal and anti-large government views, which more or less makes me a libertarian. Looking at these two sides, neither of which will come to any sort of agreement, but both of which are nearly identical in nature, is just frustrating. At this point, there is no reason to think that electing any one person to the presidency will change anything, seeing as the other party will do everything in their power to limit that persons ability to change nearly anything.

Long story short, it doesn't matter who is in charge until we can get some sort of compromise going.
    Last edited by Octa; 25 Aug 2014 at 12:14pm.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $160.00
    I think Obama means well and is far from the worst president in history, but the cult of personality around him has been as polarizing as the 'Bushmania' after 9/11. Romney, like many moderates, had been fisted left-right-and-center by special-interest groups during his campaign, and that plate spinning led him into deep PR shit. I believe the absolute lack of expectations people had in him would've led to more cooperation, but it's a moot point now. There are people far, FAR to the right of Romney in Congress right now, and they need to be watered down big-time.
    "theer iz no ssp-00n" -tehhe msatrickss

SG Player
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Repus View Post
    I'm not American but I think that Mitt Romney would have played more into pockets of the rich and powerful.
    I agree with you 100% I'm not american either but most people I know that are american were saying this^^

SG Player
    Bruh, anyone is better than Mr. 'Bama at this point. Just sayin'

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $1.00
    I don't usually judge from short snippets of statements made but he one where he was in a private party and was speaking freely showed his real side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List