SG Addict

Deciding which Graphics Card I should utilize.

If anyone here is a tech expert; should I get a Single 8GB NVIDIA GTX 980M [$496 Increase from a Single 4GB NIVIDIA GTX 860M] or Dual 8GB NVIDIA GTX 980M [$720 Increase from the single]. I have researched the effects of dual GPUs in this article and to me, it seems that it will cause more trouble than the single [assembling it would be no trouble, just the other problems mentioned in the post]. Your thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unnamed Newbie View Post
    hey never forget the guy who permed omarfire back in 2012.

MY MOTO

Once you go black, you never go back.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Dual video cards just isn't necessary unless your monitor setup is ridiculous. Other problems you'll run into with 2 cards include high power consumption, more heat inside your case, and added space limitations in your case for other hardware. Just buying a single high-end video card is what I recommend.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by omarfire00 View Post
    If anyone here is a tech expert; should I get a Single 8GB NVIDIA GTX 980M [$496 Increase from a Single 4GB NIVIDIA GTX 860M] or Dual 8GB NVIDIA GTX 980M [$720 Increase from the single]. I have researched the effects of dual GPUs in this article and to me, it seems that it will cause more trouble than the single [assembling it would be no trouble, just the other problems mentioned in the post]. Your thoughts?
    uhmm do you have one of those RARE msi laptops where you can upgrade video cards o.o

M cards are laptop video cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wawa View Post
    Dual video cards just isn't necessary unless your monitor setup is ridiculous. Other problems you'll run into with 2 cards include high power consumption, more heat inside your case, and added space limitations in your case for other hardware. Just buying a single high-end video card is what I recommend.
    I also recommend what Wawa say, I don't recommend multiple Video cards unless you're doing multiple monitor gaming setup.

Even if 2x Gtx 970 sli is cheaper than a single GTX 980. I'd still recommend 980.
    Last edited by Toyz; 9 Jul 2015 at 02:37pm.

SG Addict

Donations:
    $1.00
    Why would you run a dual monitor setup on a laptop anyways? Might as well get a desktop at that point. Don't run SLI on laptops, it is a huuuuuuuuuuge waste of money + are you even sure you can upgrade? You should probably post your current specs if you want better advice.

User Tag List