Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SG Addict

Question Clarification: BAITING

I need clarification on this rule from an AO+ PLEASE! Getting mixed opinions regarding this rule from SA's.

When I read the !rules on the server, I understand the baiting rule is only when you run into Terrorists while they are knifing. However, for about two weeks, many little boys are complaining that baiting is when a CT gets close to a Terrorist and that they are allowed to knife and kill a CT if we get close and we can't do nothing to them.

As far as I understand, this has never been a rule on PB and does not make sense why they would add it just because it makes it 10x harder to check for guns to move around between cells and kill rebels if we can't get close to them.

If they choose to knife us, we kill them simple. But if we run into them knifing and they hit us by accident then that is baiting? Isn't that LogiC?

Sincerely,

I just want to go
    Baiting is when a CT happens to run into a T while he's knifing, not when a CT is super close to a T. Then that's like saying if they happen to intersect paths the T would knife or kill a CT that happened to go close to him without any intentions would just not be KOS.

The 'little boys' complaining of baiting is technically wrong

You're right.

Source: My understanding and of other people that have played for years in SG PB.
    "i dont need to speak spanish, i need to get pussy" -wertles

I'm in first class but I feel like coach

Server Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by capp'n View Post
    Baiting is when a CT happens to run into a T while he's knifing, not when a CT is super close to a T. Then that's like saying if they happen to intersect paths the T would knife or kill a CT that happened to go close to him without any intentions would just not be KOS.
    This is it, the T has to be already knifing for it to be baiting. Although, I've never actually seen someone "bait" a T without the T then going in for the kill immediately afterwards, but that's irrelevant.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    If a T is just standing there where they are supposed to be (say in kitchen doorway), air knifing, then a CT walks into that said air knife to get damaged, the CT has no right to kill them. But from what I gather from what you are saying is that people are twisting the rule saying "oh look, the CT is 5 feet next to me so I can kill them and yell BAITING, then FREEKILL if they kill me!" This is either them being stupid or actually being shady, that's for you guys to decide since I lack playing time in the server for the past month.

I would comment if a CT dies from baiting, but really it shouldn't ever even happen in the first place since most likely they'll get hit by one left click knife, then go on to medic while their teammates watch the ts (that's what I'd imagine that is).

This also kind of answers what you are asking

EXAMPLE; There is a freeday going on and a T is following you around. You warn him to stay at least 10 feet away or else you'll kill him. While in pursuit, he gets too close for comfort and you dome him. Congratulations, you've just freekilled.

If a T is in pursuit of you and air-knifes, that doesn't give you permission to kill them.
    Same goes if a T throws a grenade; you can only kill if it hits a CT teammate.
    Taken from my boy Newbie ^ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=406898076

The rules haven't changed at all from CS:S, if a kid says what isn't baiting is baiting, just tell the little child to be silent.
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 6 Jul 2015 at 03:58pm.

5. Thanked by 2 users:
    Fonzi (6 Jul 2015), Mandeemoo007 (6 Jul 2015)

SG Addict
    Thanks that's what I thought. I will be sure to refer the noobs to this thread as reference. It's just when some SA's don't understand this rule and try to enforce what the noobs are saying, the rules get all fucked up.

Thanks for the fast response qt

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Although I would argue that if a CT is going up and standing in front of the T's in knifing range on purpose, looking to get knifed so they can get a kill, it should at the very least counts as a weird way of gun planting, if not actively working against your own team.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Habibi View Post
    Thanks that's what I thought. I will be sure to refer the noobs to this thread as reference. It's just when some SA's don't understand this rule and try to enforce what the noobs are saying, the rules get all fucked up.

No problem, it's one of the harder rules to really administrate since you can't fully tell if someone is air knifing or running up to the CT and knifing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdcoll View Post
    Although I would argue that if a CT is going up and standing in front of the T's in knifing range on purpose, looking to get knifed so they can get a kill, it should at the very least counts as a weird way of gun planting, if not actively working against your own team.
    Well yeah, CTs shouldn't be hugging the Prisoners, but that still doesn't give the right for the prisoner to kill them. If anything, remind them to stand a bit clear from them to avoid getting raped.
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 6 Jul 2015 at 04:49pm.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Habibi View Post

BRUH u were hugging me 24/7.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
    BRUH u were hugging me 24/7.
    did he tell you to get on the bed or dead

I just want to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    did he tell you to get on the bed or dead
    he told me to secure the perimeter