Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    As has been said, baiting as a CT is walking into a T who is air knifing. Personally, I've only warned people in chat for it and I've rarely seen actual baiting happen. I've never punished anyone for baiting, and it's in my opinion not really an issue right now.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by capp'n View Post
    he told me to secure the perimeter
    shut up hose

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    There is also in some cases where CT run into a place where it's fill with Ts (medic, bigcage, soccer field) won't it be still baiting?

Or when the t need to somewhere else, lets says to the pool but a ct is blocking the entrance. It's hard to say if the ct ran to t's knife if the T is knifing or the T just start knifing toward CT because of no delays rule.

Though i don't agreed on the T can knife any ct if they are close to them or hugging, but can we punish them for that?

There was couple of time some ct just hugging some t and shoot the rebel along with some Ts that was near the rebel.
    Last edited by BlackWhite; 7 Jul 2015 at 04:59am.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Tbh its that exact situation that BlackWhite is describing that has led to this blur in the lines between what "Baiting" is, and what we now perceive it to be.

Perhaps the rules need to be adjusted to reflect this ( And possibly officially adding in the rules about CT not camping vents/armoury)

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    There is also in some cases where CT run into a place where it's fill with Ts (medic, bigcage, soccer field) won't it be still baiting?

Or when the t need to somewhere else, lets says to the pool but a ct is blocking the entrance. It's hard to say if the ct ran to t's knife if the T is knifing or the T just start knifing toward CT because of no delays rule.
    99% of the time when a CT "blocks" the Ts from getting into a certain area, he's just knifed in the back meaning the T(s) that hit him are considered rebelling. If a CT runs into a crowded CT place like medic or iso, then he's just an idiot and deserved to die. However at the end of the day, the T that kills him is still considered a rebel.

There was couple of time some ct just hugging some t and shoot the rebel along with some Ts that was near the rebel.
    Not really sure what you're saying here, but im assuming it's crossfire? Ts should be able to control themselves on when they should rebel or not or at least plan the attack on the CTs hugging them.(One of the best part about being a T imo.) Crossfiring should still be legal unless there was a ridiculous amount of casualties.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdcoll View Post

Perhaps the rules need to be adjusted to reflect this ( And possibly officially adding in the rules about CT not camping vents/armoury)
    There already is a rule about CTs camping armory/vents. If it benefits the team, then it will be allowed. If you're the last CT and still camping armory/vents, you should be beaconed/slayed.

FE:I sit in armory in maps like VIP for a few seconds of the round in case of anyone rebelling/taking a teleporter there even if orders were like "go to pool" or "go to soccer." If im last CT and still sitting in armory, the situation should be evaluated by an admin on whether or not i'm "delaying the round." If there's multiple Ts around armory then I shouldn't be beaconed/slayed. However if all the Ts are still sitting in soccer or w/e and i'm still sitting in armory, I should be beaconed or warned and slayed if i fail to listen.

IDK if what i wrote makes any sense since i haven't slept in like 20 hours.
    Last edited by Lupin; 7 Jul 2015 at 06:03am.

SG Professional

Donations:
    $95.00
    Way I always understood it was this:

Baiting is enticing or encouraging the T to knife you by either running into them while they are already knifing, or being in close proximity of them in a situation where all ts should be in say iso. If a CT walks into iso, that is baiting. Basically any situation where the urge to knife the CT is extremely tempting due to the likeliness of the CT dieing easily.

As for punishing, I always understood it as the CT is not allowed to bait, however that doesn't mean the T is allowed to knife him. Meaning even if a CT is baiting, the T can still be killed for attacking and it wouldn't be a free kill.

Honestly it is a very gray area that is hard to define.
    Leave for a few months, come back and Extreme Potatoes is admin. Leave and come back, he's AO. Leave and come back he's back to admin. Maybe if I leave again he'll be perm'd...

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Habibi View Post
    When I read the !rules on the server, I understand the baiting rule is only when you run into Terrorists while they are knifing. However, for about two weeks, many little boys are complaining that baiting is when a CT gets close to a Terrorist and that they are allowed to knife and kill a CT if we get close and we can't do nothing to them.
    If a terrorist knifes you for any reason at all - you can kill him. Obviously if you ran into a terrorist that is knifing the air and get knifed and kill it, it can be counted as baiting.

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Way I always understood it was this:

Baiting is enticing or encouraging the T to knife you by either running into them while they are already knifing, or being in close proximity of them in a situation where all ts should be in say iso. If a CT walks into iso, that is baiting. Basically any situation where the urge to knife the CT is extremely tempting due to the likeliness of the CT dieing easily.

As for punishing, I always understood it as the CT is not allowed to bait, however that doesn't mean the T is allowed to knife him. Meaning even if a CT is baiting, the T can still be killed for attacking and it wouldn't be a free kill.

Honestly it is a very gray area that is hard to define.
    this is why i want to know where is the line, plus hugging t is some sort of gun planting too. If a rebel knifed the CT, the gun might drop on another T, which might lead to the death of whoever hold the gun

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

SG Addict
    Armory and vents should be allowed to be camped by Ct's during free-days to secure and prevent the terrorists from rebelling. However, they shouldn't be camping to avoid helping their teammates or delay the round.

The way I've always seen it is that a terrorist has the full ability to control themselves from knifing a CT (excluding the situation where the CT runs into their knife) and even if a CT is the middle of a crowd of terrorists, the terrorists who attempt and try to kill the CT should be executed, no questions. I mean they committed MURDER OR ATTEMPTED MURDER.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Habibi View Post
    Armory and vents should be allowed to be camped by Ct's during free-days to secure and prevent the terrorists from rebelling. However, they shouldn't be camping to avoid helping their teammates or delay the round.

The way I've always seen it is that a terrorist has the full ability to control themselves from knifing a CT (excluding the situation where the CT runs into their knife) and even if a CT is the middle of a crowd of terrorists, the terrorists who attempt and try to kill the CT should be executed, no questions. I mean they committed MURDER OR ATTEMPTED MURDER.
    This is pretty much the most accurate response. The Ts should have the common sense to understand the validity of their actions before acting on them, if you're going to knife a CT because he's sitting in the corner of medic with all the other Ts in there, 1. You should expect to be sprayed down, 2. You should expect you're going to get your team mates killed in crossfire, or 3. You might actually get him since he can't aim.

For the CT in that case, like Lupin said, they should use common sense, wait for the Ts to leave medic before entering to heal. If they do enter, then go ahead and knife him if you want, but expect either of the 3 options stated above.

Though i don't agreed on the T can knife any ct if they are close to them or hugging, but can we punish them for that?

I've seen cases where CTs will hide behind Ts to take cover from rebellers, and then Ts will get caught in crossfire. If this happens, it's definitely worth a slay. Because you don't have to hide behind Ts to take cover, and them getting killed in the process is blatantly freekilling. Also, if say a CT hops into Big Cage with the Ts there and happens to get knifed, then you should obviously kill the perpetrator. But, there is the likely happening of prisoners picking up the weapon. Now this is a problem because in the rules it clearly defines the holding of a primary as KOSable, but we all know that if there's a primary in Big Cage, then it's going to get juggled around for a while until someone throws it out. Now, should this mean that anyone who picks it up should get shot on the spot? Probably not, but if they aim it at you then you should definitely have the right to shoot them.

Overall, just use common sense when playing. And try to have fun with everyone.

11. Thanked by 2 users:
    Nuclear Onion (7 Jul 2015), ShoieP (7 Jul 2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List