Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rules

SG Addict
    I know that this is a big problem on PB but the main problem is that we have to keep it somewhat short. Because 95% of new players won't read the actual rules for the server. And if someone does before they join and see a shit ton of rules, I think they would just leave and go to another server.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandeemoo007 View Post
    I know that this is a big problem on PB but the main problem is that we have to keep it somewhat short. Because 95% of new players won't read the actual rules for the server. And if someone does before they join and see a shit ton of rules, I think they would just leave and go to another server.
    I believe we have enough regulars right now.

Back then all KOS spot were implied and never have to be said.
    I think its just taking toll on some admins. We're humans too.
    Kids screaming freeday and complaining about being freekilled while in armory can kill a soul.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
    I believe we have enough regulars right now.

Back then all KOS spot were implied and never have to be said.
    I think its just taking toll on some admins. We're humans too.
    Kids screaming freeday and complaining about being freekilled while in armory can kill a soul.
    K, I was just saying that because I honestly haven't been on the PB server to know who are regulars and who isn't. But if we have a big enough regular community then I think it would be fine if we added a few more rules.
    【=◈︿◈=】

SG'S #1 Randy
    I apologize for not being able to help you mudkip was busy with irl stuff but you are correct in alot of ways to keep this community running we need to have an admin team that tries their best at their job but real life can bog you down so Im hoping you can wait until this is figured out.

Server Administrator
    Idk who would help mudkip tbh, guys a l0s3r

And people in the server do not understand that I only need to give them 1 warning shot. I hate when they cry with their pretties complaint as soon as the round ends lol

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    oh and apparently the four of us is a "troll group" according to potatoes. have you seen what neptune fishey tsuna bork and rosa do? Yeah I know you have and what do you do about it? Nothing

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishey View Post
    Idk who would help mudkip tbh, guys a l0s3r

And people in the server do not understand that I only need to give them 1 warning shot. I hate when they cry with their pretties complaint as soon as the round ends lol
    Best part about this is: they argue about it when they get warning shot o.o

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    There's a really excellent guide (IMO) made by @Unnamed Newbie here, posted here. Maybe we can find a way to get everyone on the same page in terms of what exactly are the rules/what is implied/what exactly is what. Honestly, the little kids complaining about getting warning shot/'freekilled' seems really difficult to stop since that's really their nature; to complain about literally nothing. Can I get more details on what needs to be discussed in terms of rules that need to be a bit more underlined? I'm still somewhat not sure what exactly is the problem and what isn't. Will be revamping !rules if this continues (probably will) to be an issue.

Also sorry for the full on tilt, got a bit emotional over the serious video games last night.
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 5 Jul 2015 at 11:38am.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    There's a really excellent guide (IMO) made by @Unnamed Newbie here, posted here. Maybe we can find a way to get everyone on the same page in terms of what exactly are the rules/what is implied/what exactly is what. Honestly, the little kids complaining about getting warning shot/'freekilled' seems really difficult to stop since that's really their nature; to complain about literally nothing. Can I get more details on what needs to be discussed in terms of rules that need to be a bit more underlined? I'm still somewhat not sure what exactly is the problem and what isn't. Will be revamping !rules if this continues (probably will) to be an issue.

Also sorry for the full on tilt, got a bit emotional over the serious video games last night.
    While you right about it being impossible to stop kids from complaining about being freekilled it can be lowered, because they don't know the rules. Currently if you use the !rules command in the server, there is no information about KoS areas, when to give warning shots, when warning shots are necessary compared to just killing somebody.

While newbie's FAQ is nice, it still fails to include anything mentioning KoS areas, and all the information on primaries and secondaries.

Nowhere in the rules does it currently say you can't be in armory. If you're going specifically off the rules listed, a T can literally be sitting in armory without any weapons and if he died it would be a freekill.

There also needs to be more of an agreement between which catwalks are KoS. It is very largely map specific, however there are some catwalks that are really foggy on if they are considered KoS. Generally it is assumed if a catwalk leads to armory then terrorists will be killed if they go on it, however some maps have catwalks that lead to something that leads to armory. It's all confusing, and it's another thing that could really use clarification.

List of things I can think of immediately -

- Baiting - is it a CT being near a T where the orders are given? or is it like in CSS where it's only if a CT runs into a T that is currently knifing?

- Catwalks - which ones are KoS and which ones aren't?

- KoS areas - Everybody knows armory and vents are KoS but it doesn't say anywhere in the rules

- Teleporters - Also not mentioned anywhere. KoS most of the time? Unless in cases like on Cloud. I don't see this as a big problem at all right now but it's not mentioned in the rules and it is KoS

- Primaries and secondaries - There needs to be something saying primaries are going to get you killed and secondaries will be asked to be dropped, also stated nowhere

- Map specific areas with varying rules - this can't really be put in the rules however they should be discussed

It's impossible to completely eliminate all of the made up rules everybody has been telling people the last few years but restructuring everything will really crack down on it. Hope this helps.

SG Addict
    Any chance of making !rules send you to a forum sticky of the rules rather than a side popup or w/e? I'm sure we can make an "advanced" pb rule list without making it confusing for the younger audience.

SG Addict
    I know in some servers you have to "accept" the rules before you can join a side. While most people will click whatever you need to click to skip through it, at least it gives that person the opportunity to read the rules and them clicking "yes" acknowledges that they understand and will follow said rules.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List