SG Noob

Disabling respawn?

Is there a way to get rid of the spawn closure detected, disabling respawn thing in this server? One of the reasons i dont play it too much is because if i die i have to sit and wait for everyone else to die. I feel course servers shouldn't have deaths and it should just be constant play, no rounds.

pls
    Most course maps have a spawn killer built-in to them that activates after a while, disabling the respawn after it activates just stops you from being in an endless loop of respawning then dying.

I'll have a look into disabling the map spawn killers without editing the map, it might not be possible though.
    Last edited by Liam Brown; 28 Jun 2015 at 01:55pm.

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    I agree, spawnkillers are the fundemental flaw of course maps. You get to wait more than actually play and that is why I hate course.
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 28 Jun 2015 at 03:43pm.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Brown View Post
    Most course maps have a spawn killer built-in to them that activates after a while, disabling the respawn after it activates just stops you from being in an endless loop of respawning then dying.

I'll have a look into disabling the map spawn killers without editing the map, it might not be possible though.
    Also check if you are able to disable the spawn area doors from closing. Some maps have the doors closing around the time that re-spawn is disabled.

Otherwise a sound idea and would sure make it more fun indeed.

"Just let me bhop!"
    "NO!"
    "I'll do it anyway!"
    "- X *Shot* Maxwelldon -"

SG Noob

Even better adding on to that a checkpoint system would be amazing, andddd maybe just maybe turning it into a course/climb/bhop server orrr just bhop
    Last edited by ReFLeX2025; 28 Jun 2015 at 09:15pm.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by ReFLeX2025 View Post
    Even better adding on to that a checkpoint system would be amazing, andddd maybe just maybe turning it into a course/climb/bhop server orrr just bhop
    I would more prefer to have the Bhop as a separate server because not everyone knows how to do it.

Checkpoint system for the course would be a nice option too.
    Just a thought but could the checkpoint system be rigged to spawn you to your previous checkpoint (where you got on current round), instead of killing you on failure?

"Just let me bhop!"
    "NO!"
    "I'll do it anyway!"
    "- X *Shot* Maxwelldon -"

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Brown View Post

It is, stripper:source.

SG Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwelldon View Post
    I would more prefer to have the Bhop as a separate server because not everyone knows how to do it.

Checkpoint system for the course would be a nice option too.
    Just a thought but could the checkpoint system be rigged to spawn you to your previous checkpoint (where you got on current round), instead of killing you on failure?
    they would still have to deal with the disabling respawn because there would be that one person who doesn't know or forgets to set down a checkpoint and has to sit and wait until a new map starts because no one else would die and a new round wouldn't start so they could respawn

User Tag List