Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minigames Issue

SG'S #1 Randy

Minigames Issue

As I play minigames I've noticed that certain people in the server always win the chance to pick the game and repeatedly pick the same game. I was wondering if there could possibly be a rule implemented that stops this spam of the same game it leads to quite alot of people to leave and rage in the server?

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    Elemental (26 Jun 2015), sphinxxxy (15 Jun 2015)

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    I don't know why this wasn't posted in the public section (or at least I haven't seen it posted there yet), but this is a rather old thread straight from the SA section about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
    Greetings, fellow administrators.

In the light of recent incidents I have noticed on the Minigames server, I have made a thread in the AO section regarding a new rule.
    The rule will allow administrators to tell individuals on the server to not pick the same map multiple times in a row, if it is bothering the majority of the server, obvious trolling etc.

Warning/freezing should be enough, however if it continues on the standard protocol should be used(except for the warning, which was already given).
    The primary reason for this is that I have noticed an increase of certain people, and while not all are dumb and immature, there sure are a lot of them and they have a tendency to join and then spam something they know they can win at least 90% of the time, not caring about a lot of people finding it extremely boring thus leaving the server often.

As XeNo puts it, admins should be encouraged to do their best to ensure that people have a fun time playing.

All the best,
    The SG staff.
    To my knowledge, this rule still stands and it is a punishable offense and should be handled appropriately by the administrators.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

SG'S #1 Randy
    Not quite sure if certain admins don't know about this rule but I've noticed that quite a few admins don't really enforce this rule at all.
    Last edited by harpo; 15 Jun 2015 at 09:31pm.

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Not quite sure if certain admins don't know about this rule but I've noticed that quite a few admins don't really inforce this rule at all.
    It's probably because it's not posted in the MOTD or in a thread about the rules. It's hidden within the deep, dark realm called the SA section (it's only a few pages back ), but I believe it is still a rule to be enforced. I will bump the thread so the SA's are aware of that thread.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    I didn't even know about this, but thats not that surprising. I think admins should encourage playing variety of levels in multi-maps. However, without an admin on theres little anyone could do to prevent it. I wish there was a better way this could be picked. Its sad that people feel they should force people to play the same thing all the time. If you have issues with it, report it to an admin to help the situation.

SG Player
    Donations:
    $15.00
    Yeah this has been an issue that's been going on for several weeks now. Players would pick Bhopping maps and consistently win them and the server would be emptied out almost by half when it happens 3+ in a row. One player in particular comes to mind, and he's been warned several times but seems to have at least toned down recently and doesn't appear in the server as frequently. But I'm really really glad to hear that there's a rule against this.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Will definitely keep all this in mind when in the MG server from here on out. Thank you harpo for shedding light on this issue and thank you Extreme Half-a-meatball for digging up that thread!

SG Regular
    Praize mikis for banning one minigame for one round, I guess others dont have the technology yet.

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Labarr (16 Jun 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Sometimes really annoying to have same multi-map selection played tons of times in row, people leaving and complain about this very same issue.
    I had been wondering the same thing for a while now and it is nice to heard indeed, that there is a possibility to enforce this.

"Just let me bhop!"
    "NO!"
    "I'll do it anyway!"
    "- X *Shot* Maxwelldon -"

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Picking the same map like bhopping & climbing is really annoying. Didn't know admins can punish those stupid players. Deez nuts, gotem!!!!!
    Ricky Tikki Tavi

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    sphinxxxy (23 Jun 2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List