Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Wofe
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    Updating the game a few times a day is actually really bad tbh. For me if they have to push updates everyday I don't want to have to keep downloading every time I play. Either fix it one time or accept the bug for at least a week and fix other things along the way.
    These are small hotfixes(less < 100mb for sure), that don't require servers to update as frequently as clients(usually once per day for servers or per 2 days, depending on the server owners), so as long as the server is running ex. 1.7 and your client is 1.7.4 you can still play with no problems. Also, this game isn't for people that will join for 30 minutes and leave, but once you join, you stay for atleast an 1-2+, so you only update once before the game starts and once you're done playing it for that day, but that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by MPQC View Post
    I experimented with it a little bit -> last I checked (about a week ago), the server uses roughly 3~5gb of ram when the server is empty. I had plans on hosting a server for it until I saw that lol. It's extremely demanding with resources, so probably isn't really worth looking into as of now
    Yea, it's a resource eater. It will probably get better along the way. Might be tougher to populate when we decide to have it someday in the future though.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Punky View Post
    These are small hotfixes(less < 100mb for sure), that don't require servers to update as frequently as clients(usually once per day for servers or per 2 days, depending on the server owners), so as long as the server is running ex. 1.7 and your client is 1.7.4 you can still play with no problems. Also, this game isn't for people that will join for 30 minutes and leave, but once you join, you stay for atleast an 1-2+, so you only update once before the game starts and once you're done playing it for that day, but that's my opinion.

Yea, it's a resource eater. It will probably get better along the way. Might be tougher to populate when we decide to have it someday in the future though.
    It's a big thing to assume the game will last, and to assume we need to get a server now to have a chance at a population.

We'd need a whole new VPS just to try this game. That's pretty rediculous.

Game seems interesting, but not worth the money/timesink for a sever. IMO

3. Thanked by 2 users:
    Extreme Potatoes (15 Jun 2015), Paralyzed (15 Jun 2015)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List