Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unturned server

SG Addict

Unturned server

would it possible for SG to open an unturned server? or have someone host one? it is a free game and can use beta code "OPERATIONMAPLELEAF" to get the 3.0 beta.

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    It's possible but won't be likely right now.

First, we should worry about the servers that we already have.

Giving them more stable population and getting them up the ranks and whatnot. (TTT and the like)

Can't be scratched!
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Rather than shooting a decent idea down, you really should poll the community and see what kind of interest there is.
    I for one will probably never play on TTT again. (Too many migraines from the ridiculous amounts of mic spamming/yelling, I know, I know I'm old)
    The point is trying to force the issue with a dying server may or may not be the best move. As much as I love GG we've had too many failed GG revival attempts around here to continue to invest time/money/effort.

Instead of shooting down a potentially successful server... find out what people want first.

Frag the weak, hurdle the dead!

4. Thanked by 1 user:
    NIKO (5 Jun 2015)

SG Addict
    I totally agree with itch. We need to keep to date instead of trying to reinvent what worked in the past. I think unturned would be a great idea for a server because the game is free and that means it has more interest. Plus it has elements of day z which is a newer popular game.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00

Unturned server

Quote Originally Posted by Itch View Post
    Instead of shooting down a potentially successful server... find out what people want first.
    Normally in my view I would totally agree with you, but what I've learned from the past with Steamgamers is that other games just don't work. If you walk away from the CS/GMOD/Minecraft scene the server is just meant to fail. Rust and Starbound, we had servers for both of those and boop, died. I don't even know what's up with the KF2 server, anyone know if that still exists or not? (i know it is a new game, but the hype somewhat dimmed) The only acception I have been around for was the Natural Selection 2 server that was one of the best at some point.

I'm not saying unturned isn't going to work, but from past experiences people tend to get bored of outside games rather quickly, hence why everyone is so hesitant to jump on new games. That's the way I see it at least.
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 5 Jun 2015 at 10:50am.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception
    Exception.
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00

Unturned server

Quote Originally Posted by ExRev View Post
    Exception.
    I'M AO AND I THINK THAT'S AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE OF ACCEPTION

THEREFORE = PROFIT

SG Addict
    I'M AO AND I THINK THAT'S AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE OF ACCEPTION

THEREFORE = PROFIT
    Do you even English?
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

Can't be scratched!
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Normally in my view I would totally agree with you, but what I've learned from the past with Steamgamers is that other games just don't work. If you walk away from the CS/GMOD/Minecraft scene the server is just meant to fail. Rust and Starbound, we had servers for both of those and boop, died. I don't even know what's up with the KF2 server, anyone know if that still exists or not? (i know it is a new game, but the hype somewhat dimmed) The only acception I have been around for was the Natural Selection 2 server that was one of the best at some point.

I'm not saying unturned isn't going to work, but from past experiences people tend to get bored of outside games rather quickly, hence why everyone is so hesitant to jump on new games. That's the way I see it at least.
    There is some irony to what you posted. Note: That I've been around long enough to have been here when GMOD/MineCraft were the "new" servers/game types we were trying out.

That aside your argument is why I said poll the community, find out if there is enough interest before either shooting down the idea or investing time/money/etc. into trying a server.

Frag the weak, hurdle the dead!

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Itch View Post
    Rather than shooting a decent idea down, you really should poll the community and see what kind of interest there is.
    I for one will probably never play on TTT again. (Too many migraines from the ridiculous amounts of mic spamming/yelling, I know, I know I'm old)
    The point is trying to force the issue with a dying server may or may not be the best move. As much as I love GG we've had too many failed GG revival attempts around here to continue to invest time/money/effort.

Did someone say GG?!?!?

But yeah I agree that we should keep an eye out for the next big thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List