Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Donations:
    $45.00

Skin for being on the forums

This idea was bought up earlier on in the chatbox and was good enough for its own thread.

Perhaps we can have a skin that unlocks after you register on our forums and make 10 good quality posts. It will encourage people to sign up here and improve the forums, as well as advertise the further benefits of our community.

That is all :D

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Fonzi (8 Jun 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $130.00
    I can get behind this. And if not skins, some other incentive for players to sign up. The raffle helps a lot, but this would bolster it even more and prompt people to post.

Banned

Donations:
    $420.00
    I liked the part that requires the user most post at least once per month (like a free subscription) in order to keep the skin in-game. I think it's a good idea but we got some technical hills to get over to make this work with forums and in-game without a major management issue in awarding / checking if active or not / removal. If that's 1,000 users or more - it's an manual nightmare in logistics. However it could be possible to run it semi-automated at least with some sexy coding but is not a fast mover until more are interested in this, etc, etc.

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $5.00
    Sounds good but some would just spam to ten posts. So even if you could make this work automatically, someone still need to look after every player.

SG Regular
    Names as cool images unlock?

Banned

Donations:
    $420.00
    Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    Sounds good but some would just spam to ten posts. So even if you could make this work automatically, someone still need to look after every player.
    Agreed but also making sure a user always does a post per month helps to keep them active on the forums / return to us for the lazy ones while making not so lazy ones more active on the forums. It's abit of a pain to get this right but if worked i think we all could agree it would be a good thing.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Good luck coding that

9. Thanked by 4 users:
    Malibu (2 Jun 2015), Maxwelldon (8 Jun 2015), Nuclear Onion (2 Jun 2015), R3TROATTACK (2 Jun 2015)

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Part of the steam link system that I've been working on actually has a forum rewards program so where we can set it up to do stuff like this. Can this check the validity of 10 post? No, you can't really do that. You can set up a system of variables to check that they have done more than just spam post however.

11. Thanked by 2 users:
    Bethy (3 Jun 2015), Wawa (3 Jun 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    Part of the steam link system that I've been working on actually has a forum rewards program so where we can set it up to do stuff like this. Can this check the validity of 10 post? No, you can't really do that. You can set up a system of variables to check that they have done more than just spam post however.
    Not so basic but possible. ;)

I dig the looks of stuff on forum and ingame but could use just a bit of customization options. On forum nothing too fancy but couple different themes that doesn't mess the structure and ingame some skins to keep things more interesting.

"Just let me bhop!"
    "NO!"
    "I'll do it anyway!"
    "- X *Shot* Maxwelldon -"

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Not to speak for Pan or anything here, but I know he wants to keep the download for the servers to a minimum, and I tend to agree with him. I'm not saying its a bad idea, but you have to keep in mind, if the download times get too long, it will hurt us instead of help us. Adding skins for everything we can think of isn't a good idea, so we have to consider: Is this something that will actually help?

In this case, I think it could bring people onto the forums, but with the post count at only 10, I think we would have a lot of people joining, spamming for 10 posts, then never coming back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List