• Option 1

12 66.67%
  • Option 2

6 33.33%
    BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00

Scrim League Setup

Alright, so it was brought to my attention to potentially change the style of the scrim league up a little bit.

So we have 2 main options to go with here. I know it is last minute but this is something that can be changed rather quickly.

Option #1 - Original set-up with the captains basically choosing sides and maps, playing each team twice with 1 map per "game", etc.

Option #2 - Play 3 maps per game, one right after another and maps would be chosen randomly. They would have to be chosen randomly since there wouldn't be a "home" and "away" setup anymore. Resulting in a total of 5 matches, one against each team but you play 3 maps and your overall record on maps would determine your standings. You would knife fight for the ability to choose the side of the map that you want to start on.

I know we were supposed to start tomorrow, this may be delayed by about a day or two but we will be starting ASAP.

Thanks.

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Voted option 1 because i don't think peope have the patience and time for 5 matches or 3 maps

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    Voted option 1 because i don't think peope have the patience and time for 5 matches or 3 maps
    Was not explained correctly, and that's partially my fault, when suggesting this i worded it incorrectly because no sleep and no food.

But let me explain. Its literally just 3 maps.

Team A Vs Team B
    Team A wins first game for example, it would be 1-0
    Team A Wins second game for example, it would be 2-0 resulting in Team B being eliminated.

Could turn out to be 2-1, but there's no point in playing the extra game seeing as how its a best of 3 and the first team had won 2 times, making the last game insignificant.

If you're still unsure on how it will work out, just take a minute to watch a best of 3 match on twitch from the beginning.

I hope i explained it as best as possible, I'm retarded right now due to the lack of sleep and or food.
    lol jk I'm retarded all the time, but seriously if you have any questions just ask.

Edit: This is much better seeing as how the 1st option is pretty much just seeding, then there will be games to determine if you stay in the tournament or not, or how ever it was explained never bothered to really pay attention to it because its just a waste of time. This is much more efficient.

Edit 2: Also if you feel that this would just pass over really quickly, you could have eliminated teams go against each other to have a chance at making it further in the tournament (Lets call this the lower bracket), its really all up to you and how you would like to play.
    Last edited by Griffin; 31 May 2015 at 11:11pm.

Spoiler

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Was not explained correctly, and that's partially my fault, when suggesting this i worded it incorrectly because no sleep and no food.

But let me explain. Its literally just 3 maps.

Team A Vs Team B
    Team A wins first game for example, it would be 1-0
    Team A Wins second game for example, it would be 2-0 resulting in Team B being eliminated.

Could turn out to be 2-1, but there's no point in playing the extra game seeing as how its a best of 3 and the first team had won 2 times, making the last game insignificant.

If you're still unsure on how it will work out, just take a minute to watch a best of 3 match on twitch from the beginning.

I hope i explained it as best as possible, I'm retarded right now due to the lack of sleep and or food.
    lol jk I'm retarded all the time, but seriously if you have any questions just ask.

Edit: This is much better seeing as how the 1st option is pretty much just seeding, then there will be games to determine if you stay in the tournament or not, or how ever it was explained never bothered to really pay attention to it because its just a waste of time. This is much more efficient.

Edit 2: Also if you feel that this would just pass over really quickly, you could have eliminated teams go against each other to have a chance at making it further in the tournament (Lets call this the lower bracket), its really all up to you and how you would like to play.
    most ppl dont have the time to play a bo3, round robin into bracket play is b3st

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian556 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSb View Post
    To be fair, I call everyone a faggot, but I'll digress.
    I love it when he calls me a faggot, tbh. 10/10

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $45.00
    would having it done pro tournament style be out of the question with pick ban and best 2 out of 3 or would that just take to long.

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Alright, to make this so much easier and less complicated because we are going to start very soon here is what I am going to do:

-We will use the original style. However, you have to play 2 maps against each team in one week. That is your requirement, any unplayed matches will result in a forfeit for your team. This saves some time, maybe it is just me but I know I wouldn't be able to play 3 maps straight most of the time. You can also play these maps whenever you want throughout the week (Monday - Monday for example). You can either play them back to back or spread the two maps out. As a captain all you have to do is pick any time that is not already reserved by the other matches and communicate that to the other team. It would be wise to do this very far in advance so that you aren't waiting until Sunday to pick a time. The reason why I wanted the "home - away" format was simply to make it a little more exciting and to prevent people from getting awful random map drawings that nobody on their team knows how to play and having to go up against a team that knows that map extremely well.

-The schedule will be modified now so that you will be assigned to a 5 week schedule in which you will play 2 maps a week against a single team and then you are done that week. If you and another team wanna play that week, that's great and keeps things moving faster. Just keep us informed of your games so we can keep everything updated properly.

-To make this easier on captains your duties are as follows (and if you don't have time to communicate then simply delegate this duty off to someone else):

1. Contact your opponents captain.
    2. Pick a time for your match.
    3. Decide who wants to be home and away first, you can flip a coin, knife fight, whatever just decide.
    4. Pick the map/side as explained in the original post.
    5. Go play like plastic 2s.
    6. Report the results.

My advice for picking a time for captains is to just choose a time that works for you and ask your teammates if that is ok. Once that is done then communicate to the other team and go from there. The scheduling is going to be the hardest part, other than that it should be fairly easy and straight-forward.

I understand the best of 3 format and I was going to use that for the actual tournament phase, but for the round robin I want to get multiple "games" in for the standings to come out a little easier so we don't have a bunch of teams sitting with the same record and then I have to figure out tie-breakers.

Finally, records work like this:

Team 1 vs Team 2 - Week 1

Team 1 wins map 1 they are 1-0 overall.
    Team 1 loses map 2 they are now 1-1 overall.

So you don't have to win both maps to be 1-0 or 0-1 if you lose both maps. I'm willing to bump up to 3 maps per week if that is desired but that is only if people want to do that. Again, I am open to anything to make this easier for everyone involved but I also want to structure it convenience for everyone involved.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mandeemoo007 (2 Jun 2015)

User Tag List