Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $70.00

Prison Break Catwalks

What exactly is considered a catwalk? Different admins have different opinions and ever since i have been playing here i have always thought of top of cells or any roof that is above where you technically would need to go for any reason as a catwalk. A catwalk is typically defined as an open or narrow walkway that is elevated and above the ground.

So are top of cells and on top of medic on electric revamp for an example, considered a catwalk or not? obviously on maps like lego where top of cells is open and it is necessary for terrorists to go on top of to get to some areas is not a catwalk, but on maps where there is no reason to be on top of them beside rebelling i usually consider that a catwalk, am i wrong?

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
    What exactly is considered a catwalk? Different admins have different opinions and ever since i have been playing here i have always thought of top of cells or any roof that is above where you technically would need to go for any reason as a catwalk. A catwalk is typically defined as an open or narrow walkway that is elevated and above the ground.

So are top of cells and on top of medic on electric revamp for an example, considered a catwalk or not? obviously on maps like lego where top of cells is open and it is necessary for terrorists to go on top of to get to some areas is not a catwalk, but on maps where there is no reason to be on top of them beside rebelling i usually consider that a catwalk, am i wrong?
    We have always defined catwalks as those typically leading to armory. Tops of cells, medic, sauna, iso, etc. are not considered catwalks. The reason why they are restricted is because of their access to armory. So for example, razor catwalks are pretty obvious, however those in soccer are not KOSable. VIPinthemix are the catwalks all surrounding the entrance to armory. It can be difficult to really define exactly what a catwalk is because it varies on the map but in general they are those that lead to armory.

EDIT: Since you are an admin you should be able to see this thread:

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54057

These are obviously CS:S maps but this kind of outlines what are considered catwalks. Also, what Caution states in a couple posts down is probably the general rule to follow.
    Last edited by BlackEagle; 2 May 2015 at 07:47pm.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $70.00
    okay so i will stop enforcing that rooftops are catwalks obviously because they dont lead anywhere...but you and caution kinda collide in what you say. You say that catwalks are platforms that lead to armory and caution says they are any platform that lead to different places such as exits. So technically the above area of soccer on maps like vipinthemix i wont consider catwalks anymore but top of cells on vipinthemix has a vent and also can lead to top floor of vip..so what is your ruling on that? Top of cells on like revamp that dont lead anywhere i wont kos for that anymore but vip is just asking for trouble @BlackEagle

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    okay so i will stop enforcing that rooftops are catwalks obviously because they dont lead anywhere...but you and caution kinda collide in what you say. You say that catwalks are platforms that lead to armory and caution says they are any platform that lead to different places such as exits. So technically the above area of soccer on maps like vipinthemix i wont consider catwalks anymore but top of cells on vipinthemix has a vent and also can lead to top floor of vip..so what is your ruling on that? Top of cells on like revamp that dont lead anywhere i wont kos for that anymore but vip is just asking for trouble @BlackEagle
    That is still top of cells. You can access the top of cells on vipinthemix without going through any vents. However, if a player enters that vent or goes through the vent in disco you can kill them. Top of cells are ok.

What Caution was referring to is that catwalks themselves that lead to anywhere else are KOS. For example, razor maps typically have catwalks that leave the pool area. Since those leave the actual area those are considered KOS. The catwalks in the soccer just go in a square and don't leave the soccer area so therefore are not KOS.

Think of it this way: If a catwalk basically gives a T an opportunity to rebel, such as giving them an advantage to leave the room or go to a secret room, they are then considered KOS. If they don't do anything other than just provide a vantage point for CTs to watch over the Ts then they aren't considered KOSable.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $70.00
    i dont mean to argue but if top of cells has a vent then that is a potential way for them to rebel and leave the area Dx

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    i dont mean to argue but if top of cells has a vent then that is a potential way for them to rebel and leave the area Dx
    The top of the cells is not an automatic KOS. We don't kill for being someplace that has a vent unless they start breaking it. Only secret tunnels, Armory, CT catwalks, and vents are auto KOS. You may give them orders not to access certain areas however. A roof is just that, a roof and not a catwalk. If you have made rules that they cannot access that area then you still must still give warnings (unlike KOS areas) The reason you do not have to warn for some areas is that they give the T direct access to weapons or the armory.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    leading from dirk's post, on electric_global the top of cells don't lead towards armory, cells or anywhere else that is distinctly advantageous to Ts, however as it is a potential hiding place and vantage to overtake a CT, it is normally a place that is ruled out of bounds by a CT giving orders - wherein you need to give warning shots if they're on it, unless the T is blatantly not following orders. Normally it'd be put as a rule on a freeday or partial freeday, so use as you see fit

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    What I consider catwalks are the elevated metal suspended walkways, like the ones behind big cage on some maps. The tops of solid structures like cells are not metal suspended walkways, they're roofs.

Also Merriam-Webster:
    Catwalk : a narrow structure for people to walk on along a bridge or high up on the side of a building
    Last edited by vorter; 3 May 2015 at 12:44am.
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

SG Addict
    Maybe somebody could take some time and pick out every map with pictures and highlight the areas that are catwalks and post it in one big thread on the forum. That would be pretty cool and it would clear a lot up.

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip™ View Post
    Maybe somebody could take some time and pick out every map with pictures and highlight the areas that are catwalks and post it in one big thread on the forum. That would be pretty cool and it would clear a lot up.
    Someone should make a catwalk jail. >.>
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List