SG Noob

No HE Grenade fire particles?

Was this intentional? I found a file call burning_fx_non (a pcf file) or something in the particle file and I think i downloaded from SG. Also asked 1 of your regulars who play at SG and he can't see the fire particles from he nades. I don't think he plays on other ze servers, so it must have been on SG(I can't see any fire even as a zombie but you can feel the slowness from the he nade fire). It is no big deal, you can delete the file and then it's back to normal. But was just wondering was this intentional

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkake View Post
    Was this intentional? I found a file call burning_fx_non (a pcf file) or something in the particle file and I think i downloaded from SG. Also asked 1 of your regulars who play at SG and he can't see the fire particles from he nades. I don't think he plays on other ze servers, so it must have been on SG(I can't see any fire even as a zombie but you can feel the slowness from the he nade fire). It is no big deal, you can delete the file and then it's back to normal. But was just wondering was this intentional
    It is indeed intentional. We pinpointed the reason for the lag to the particles used for the napalm, so we decided to give a little try and see what happends if theres a null sprite running. Grenades will still knockback and slow down zombies, only real difference is that theres no flame.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
    It is indeed intentional. We pinpointed the reason for the lag to the particles used for the napalm, so we decided to give a little try and see what happends if theres a null sprite running. Grenades will still knockback and slow down zombies, only real difference is that theres no flame.
    I'm sure there's a way to optimize this so you can still see the flame.

What about modifying the plugin to stop showing particles after 10+ zombies are ignited?

Spoiler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Wesker View Post
    I'm sure there's a way to optimize this so you can still see the flame.

What about modifying the plugin to stop showing particles after 10+ zombies are ignited?
    That would probably be even more resource heavy and way too complicated.

User Tag List