http://fi.google.com/about/experience/

http://fi.google.com/about/plan/

Our plan starts with the Fi Basics for $20 per month. This includes:

Unlimited domestic talk and text
    Unlimited international texts
    Low-cost international calls
    Wi-Fi tethering
    Coverage in 120+ countries
    Then it's $10 per GB for data. $10 for 1GB, $20 for 2GB, $30 for 3GB and so on. That's it. With no annual contract required.
    Thoughts? any of if are in the area might give it a try?

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mandeemoo007 (23 Apr 2015)

SG Addict

Pretty useless for people that don't travel a lot. You can already use messaging systems (internet required) to make international texts. There's far better options for domestic talk and texts, and far better plans for internet.

We used to pay around 20$(this was a plan for 3 people)/month with each having 3GB data, unlimited domestic texting, around 5 hours domestic calls (which was pretty much impossible to use up). Currently my parents workplace covers all phone costs so idk if anything has changed drastically, but I doubt the cost would've went up a lot.

SG Addict
    This honestly may be the deciding factor for me getting the Nexus 6 or the HTC One (M9) just so I could try it. This is pretty damn incredible that they are already set up and everything for it all. I'm especially excited for when it moves to other phones.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Vy View Post
    Pretty useless for people that don't travel a lot. You can already use messaging systems (internet required) to make international texts. There's far better options for domestic talk and texts, and far better plans for internet.

We used to pay around 20$(this was a plan for 3 people)/month with each having 3GB data, unlimited domestic texting, around 5 hours domestic calls (which was pretty much impossible to use up). Currently my parents workplace covers all phone costs so idk if anything has changed drastically, but I doubt the cost would've went up a lot.
    I posted just because, I thought you guys would have some sort of interest of this, and the price alone came to a shock to me only because i pay like 80+ dollars a month. :/

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00

LOL. not around here buddy. must be nice.

Like matt said, atleast $60-$80 maybe even $100 for a single person depending on your plan. Then up to idk I've seen $160 to $180 for families, potentially more depending on data/texting limits, adding on ipads.
    @Matt This seems pretty cool, will keep an eye on it. Cell phones and cellular coverage are reaching that point where people like this can make the same product or service for significantly cheaper prices. This is something that technology companies are going to have to face in the future, forcing all of them to inevitably lower their prices significantly.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post

Like matt said, atleast $60-$80 maybe even $100 for a single person depending on your plan. Then up to idk I've seen $160 to $180 for families, potentially more depending on data/texting limits, adding on ipads.
    @Matt This seems pretty cool, will keep an eye on it. Cell phones and cellular coverage are reaching that point where people like this can make the same product or service for significantly cheaper prices. This is something that technology companies are going to have to face in the future, forcing all of them to inevitably lower their prices significantly.

Thanks. Wonder if they'll have service in Canada. #firstshoutout

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I posted just because, I thought you guys would have some sort of interest of this, and the price alone came to a shock to me only because i pay like 80+ dollars a month. :/
    I'm sort of interested in this, because it's a pretty nice deal if you live in countries with horrible telecommunication/internet providers. (like the United States)

Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post

They are really robbing you blind. What the fuck do you pay for internet there?

Here's what one of our ISP offers, there are better offers out there.

I have a 100/100 mb/s internet. We pay nothing for it as well because work covers all costs... but would probably pay around... 9-15 euros/month with TV stuff included.

SG Addict

Donations:
    $50.00

Amerifags always pay too much for what they are getting, that is a known fact - that's why in a first world continent like europe we have great prices for great plans

I pay £11.50 a month for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 1GB of data - bare in mind we have wifi everywhere in the UK so data is pretty useless, probably only use it on the train or in the car

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    I'm sort of interested in this, because it's a pretty nice deal if you live in countries with horrible telecommunication/internet providers. (like the United States)

I have a 100/100 mb/s internet. We pay nothing for it as well because work covers all costs... but would probably pay around... 9-15 euros/month with TV stuff included.

Damn Vy thats cheap.

In the netherlands i pay 66,50 euro's for 100 Mbit with TV stuff and phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

User Tag List