Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    So you're saying $30 would be better?
    Yes, totally.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    I would even go further where you can't request friends until you spend $20, been a user on steam 1 month+ and actually have some sort of significant playtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExileD View Post
    I think that 40 would be better, maybe even 50. Otherwise those stupid bots can still profit altho to a smaller extend.

I endorse that steam is doing this.

Have you guys ever thought newcomers also create new accounts? NO one is gonna spend 20$+ and then wait one month to add his friends on steam. That's just ridiculous.

I feel like a limit of 5 bucks and the steam guard lock should be enough to discourage most people that have bots working at the moment.
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 20 Apr 2015 at 08:56pm.

2. Thanked by 3 users:
    Extreme Potatoes (20 Apr 2015), Malibu (24 Apr 2015), Mandeemoo007 (20 Apr 2015)

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    You've spent less than $5 prior?
    No, I have bought all of my games besides the ones I said a while ago, but for some reason, it wanted me to buy another game and then me wait a month before I can start selling stuff. Luckily I was going to buy those games anyways and wasn't forced to buy them.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
    Have you guys ever thought newcomers also create new accounts? NO one is gonna spend 20$+ and then wait one month to add his friends on steam. That's just ridiculous.

I feel like a limit of 5 bucks and the steam guard lock should be enough to discourage most people that have bots working at the moment.
    TBH, I really don't care about new comers. May seem a bit of an asshole for me to say it, but oh well.

I'm not saying thats a standard either, however, if they did implement something like that I would not complain. I'm sure there would be other methods that would do better, maybe only limit the amount of friends requests sent at a specific point. No need to spam 200 in one day type deal.

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
    Yes, totally.

We all know that peoples can simply buy there accounts elsewhere to skip the 1 month thing, but bots aren't smart enough to do that.

All new games are within the range off 40-50 bucks anyway, and if you just got steam to play a game with friends you can use teamspeak or something instead of steam friend list. Tbh peoples who aren't gonna spend at least 50 dollars don't need the friend list anyhow.
    Last edited by ExileD; 21 Apr 2015 at 03:23am.

SG Addict

All new games are within the range off 40-50 bucks anyway, and if you just got steam to play a game with friends you can use teamspeak or something instead of steam friend list. Tbh peoples who aren't gonna spend at least 50 dollars don't need the friend list anyhow.
    Not sure if you're trolling, but CS:GO is currently at 11 euros. (somewhere around 11-12$ or so)

You're saying that all the people that bought this game shouldn't be allowed to use a built in steam feature to chat with others in game, add others as friends in game... Because why exactly? What would be the point of having the steam chat/friend system if you essentially had to play 40-50$ to use it.

Banned

We all know that peoples can simply buy there accounts elsewhere to skip the 1 month thing, but bots aren't smart enough to do that.

I'm not sure but I think you need a reality check: not everyone can afford to dump 50 dollars out of nowhere to be able to fully use steam friendslist and chat. Considering that people that don't spend that kind of money, I find it insanely stupid to block access to those functions as its what makes steam worth it compared to others. What you're basically telling is that Steam should go from free to use to lite and then a 50$ full version.
    Teamspeak could be a good way to talk, but what if you wanna see what your friend is playing? What if you wanted to play a online multiplayer game with him? Teamspeak doesn't work for all that...

Quote Originally Posted by Vy View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling, but CS:GO is currently at 11 euros. (somewhere around 11-12$ or so)

You're saying that all the people that bought this game shouldn't be allowed to use a built in steam feature to chat with others in game, add others as friends in game... Because why exactly? What would be the point of having the steam chat/friend system if you essentially had to play 40-50$ to use it.
    Another really good reason: a lot of people are starting off on csgo, which its top price is around 11 dollars. Taking in account that csgo relies on lobbies and has a mechanic thats directed to help you play with people from your friends list, blocking such functions would make the game a lot less interesting.

I REALLY hope I'm just being trolled...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List