View Poll Results: Remove this map from the server?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 81.82%
  • No

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00

ze_jurassicpark_somethingorother removal

Map Removal
    Full map name
    ze_jurassicpark_somethingorother
    Type of map
    (CSGO) Zombie Escape
    Why should we remove it
    Cmon let's be real about this map. It's awful. It is just straight up awful, and I'll tell you why.

Yes it's an old school map. Yes it has some good memories. But I can guarantee that if this wasn't named 'Jurrasic Park', it would hardly get picked.

The map design is awful. It's as linear as a map can get other than the little 'forest' part with the t-rex, which by the way, doesn't even kill you as far as I have seen and experienced. If the zombie spawns in front, some douchebag can potentially knife him miles ahead thus making the round virtually impossible since everyone is funneled into going in the same direction. If this doesn't happen, the zombies are almost guaranteed a win since they can turn around and knife everyone behind them anyway. Should the zombie spawn at the back, well then now we have a certain ct win since the zombies are funneled and sometimes even held back from going up the first ladder. No teleports, no alternative routes, no fun.

And this is just the beginning.

The planks are shot out almost always, making teammates fall into the water and basically forced to shoot the blockers on the bottom of both ladders, making them pointless and easier for zombies to climb up and fuck people up quickly and unfairly. The wooden sign post that lets you jump over the electric fence allows trolls to shoot it down before anyone can climb up it. Not that this is essentially map breaking, but it is just damn annoying. Next up is the electric fence that can be open/closed by teammates. Yeah, you're gona see people closing it as soon as they get there and therefore killing a few dumb cts who don't know it's electrified. Not to mention it's just used to troll since when the zombies arive someone can easily open the gate and fuck the defenders. The moving truck can glitch you into the car at the end.

The entire map is extremely short and easy, for either side. The end zone is far too stacked for the cts, and the chopper arrives and leaves before the zombies get much of a chance to siege. If you die as a zombie or ct, welp you're back at spawn and may as well afk. Did I mention there are electric fences at the end of the map that kill you if you touch them for too long as well?...

The entire map lacks any detail other than the few models made for things like the trex, car, and chopper. You can really tell this is an old school map. But just because it is, doesn't mean we should keep it on the rotation. I know this may seem long winded for a simple map removal, but I figured this is the only way people are gona understand the problem with this map, both intrinsically for its design, but also for its inability to create fun rounds or any sorta 'survival'. I think there are like 2 entire choke points in this map, and both are almost never defended, and if they are, all too easily.

Please do not come into this thread and just state 'it was fun when I played it back in the day', because that is a different time. Back then maps like sst and black mesa were the shit. Now they look basic. We have to move on from these maps, they just aren't as fun because of the imbalances.

If the community wants to keep these maps, and by community, I don't mean the half a dozen people who actually vote here, then by all means keep it. But of all the old school maps, I feel this is the first one that needs to go.

P.S. Hello everyone

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    Black Rain (12 Apr 2015), Elemental (13 Apr 2015)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I love you Spartan lol
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : steelseries rival is what a guy on tt is using right now which is aimbot and speedhack
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : plz help
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : nvm
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : that is a mouse
    [26/03, 20:37] BoM : ...........
    [26/03, 20:37] * Intelligence slow claps. *
    Black Rainツ少: speaking of subway now i hate you and want a sammich
    Korean Ninja [SG]: you want a sammich?
    Korean Ninja [SG]: oh thats pretty easy
    Korean Ninja [SG]: get a guy name sam
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and a guy named mitch
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and there you go
    Korean Ninja [SG]: sammitch

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
    I love you Spartan lol
    You say this every night, why say it now?

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Black Rain (12 Apr 2015)

SG Regular
    I would remove it just because of this wall of text lmao. No, but seriously this map is boring and Cts camp the spawn until teleported, if cts get to the end its always win for them. Dicks closing gate on mates. Pure testicular cancer if you ask me.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $25.00
    I meant to vote yes for removal since it is a pain to deal with the people closing the gates and is very CT sided. SST is also another map to be considered to be removed but it was nice to play and reminds me of the fun I had back then, unless I'd need to make another thread for that.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Map Removal
    Full map name
    ze_jurassicpark_somethingorother
    Type of map
    (CSGO) Zombie Escape
    Why should we remove it
    You still playing ZE

-------------------------------------------
    Yes please for the love of god remove this awefull map.
    This map was always a pain in the ass ever since it was made on CSS.
    It would be better if someone could make a map thats way better then this one is made.

With a better start and different routes every round.

But for now REMOVE FFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Oh my god, yes. Please.

Wofe
    Donations:
    $30.00
    In css the map was really fun because it wasnt that easy as it is now, as just 2-3 people with negevs could win because of insane knockback ( in css it was wayyyyyy lower and thus map was challenging, fun and no one really cared bout the design). Because of this and retards pls remove it ffs

ayy lmao by tapatalk

Don't Stop Believin'
    Hahaha I'm sorry Spartan and everyone else but I love watching "retards" play this map. Gets me everyime when they are at the electric gate thinking its climbable. Its wideness allows you to do what you want. I.e. you can put yourself in a situation by having some zombies in front of you and some behind you. I put myself in that situation like 80% of the time I play this map and it gets really challenging. Yes I agree, if you play this map the orthodox way it can be boring but I personally just put myself in a situation where I watch people fail and have fun (which is really normal in this map) or in a tough situation. So I am personally 100% entertained when I play this map.

If you see wooden planks get broken you can always jump yourself forward via ledges. I also have to add that this map is quite liked in the ZE server. Most of the time if its a vote option people vote for it.

On another note, block isn't an option in Zreloaded I assume? Cause this map and some others need block. If they get it the map would be better.

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    . I also have to add that this map is quite liked in the ZE server. Most of the time if its a vote option people vote for it..
    From personal experience I have determined that the general population of ZE votes for the most shitty, dumbest, crappiest map in the voting list 90% of the time. >:

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    Darnias (13 Apr 2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List