View Poll Results: Should we change the MG server?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep MG the same (both Multigames and course)

11 35.48%
  • Yes, Make it course oriented

2 6.45%
  • Yes, Make it Multigames oriented

17 54.84%
  • Other (explain in your post)

1 3.23%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Im looking at possibly having a vote before the map vote to decide if the server wants to play a course map or a minigames map. If it's not possible or is no ones wants that for whatever reason, I'll talk to Bread about perhaps removing/cutting back on course maps
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    I like that idea. On top of that, make it so a high percentage of the vote is required in order to change the map to course. This will ensure course maps will still be played by the hardcore players and not when the server is full and only some people want to play courses.
    If MG is going to get changed, I feel like this is the best way to go.

Have it so the player can decide to vote between a multigames map or a course map

SG Player
    Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Im looking at possibly having a vote before the map vote to decide if the server wants to play a course map or a minigames map. If it's not possible or is no ones wants that for whatever reason, I'll talk to Bread about perhaps removing/cutting back on course maps
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    I like that idea. On top of that, make it so a high percentage of the vote is required in order to change the map to course. This will ensure course maps will still be played by the hardcore players and not when the server is full and only some people want to play courses.
    As someone who goes on the server pretty frequently, I definitely agree with this. I'm a real noob so course maps are just a really big downer for me, so I legitimately leave the moment they announce that the next map is a course map. However, just for the various reasons posted above me, we should at least keep some course maps on rotation, just have a vote done to play them. But really, course maps killlllllllll the population so, I really think some kind of change should be done :/

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $45.00
    would it be possible to offer raffle tickets/raffle points for beating a course map so that it gives people the incentive to stay and try

SG Addict
    yeah like 50-100 raffle tickets if you do since some course maps are extremely hard and others are too easy( which are none ofg them in my opinion) but that is a great idea
    【=◈︿◈=】

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Sure, why don't we just save some time and just send the CS:GO skins to Hilner right now?

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Punky (14 May 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $136.00
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom153 View Post
    would it be possible to offer raffle tickets/raffle points for beating a course map so that it gives people the incentive to stay and try
    I really like this suggestion but it would have to be the first time u beat the map u get a set number of points/tickets and then after that if u wanted more you have to break top times or something because it is very easy for someone half decent at courses to beat maps if they go slow

Quote Originally Posted by sphinxxxy View Post
    As someone who goes on the server pretty frequently, I definitely agree with this. I'm a real noob so course maps are just a really big downer for me, so I legitimately leave the moment they announce that the next map is a course map. However, just for the various reasons posted above me, we should at least keep some course maps on rotation, just have a vote done to play them. But really, course maps killlllllllll the population so, I really think some kind of change should be done :/
    i use to be like you then I played a course and beat it then found out they are fun, but oh well everyone has their own opinion

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    An update on this:

I have been unable to find a way to do make a vote for courses as of yet, so for now, I will most likely be romoving a lot of the courses from rotation unless a better solution presents itself. I'll give myself until the end of the weekend to figure something out, and then will be disabling some of the maps (unless you guys want it done sooner)

The maps should still be accessible by admins, so if there is an admin on and the server votes to play course maps, go for it

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    Wawa (15 May 2015)

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    I've never used this plugin before, always used MapChooser Extneded but UMC allows you to configure map groups/pools.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134190

The way I understand it is that players will vote on the map group they want to play so, "Courses" "Multigames" etc, although I would only have two groups, these being courses and all other maps. They then get a list of maps from that pool to choose from.

Setting mp_timelimit to 25 on multigame maps using map configs wouldn't go a miss either on the server IMO.

11. Thanked by 4 users:
    Darnias (15 May 2015), Nuclear Onion (15 May 2015), Prez (15 May 2015), Wawa (15 May 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Setting mp_timelimit to 25 on multigame maps using map configs wouldn't go a miss either on the server IMO.
    Yeah this, would be a great add

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    After looking at the plugin paul posted (thank you, btw) plugin, I was ready to install it, but upon becoming rather confused at the instructions on how to make the groups, I went back and read that part of the plugin.

It comes close to doing what we want, but it's not quite it. Basically, I can separate the maps into groups, and then say how many of each group I want to appear in the vote. That's the extent of the plugin as far as I can tell. I read it a few times just to make sure, and if anyone wants to point out something I missed, please do. But it doesn't appear to be what we want, and while it could help to an extent, I feel that the plugin isn't worth installing for a single feature that isn't even what we want it to be :C

I'm still looking, but results for searching for this type of thing usually come up with stupid thread that are irrelevant to what I want.

Liam has, once again, offered to try to make a plugin should I (or anyone else who wants to help) fail to find one, but I don't want to make too much work for the poor guy. Hopefully I can find something. If not, I'll try to find a temporary solution while Liam works on a long term one

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List