View Poll Results: Should we change the MG server?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep MG the same (both Multigames and course)

11 35.48%
  • Yes, Make it course oriented

2 6.45%
  • Yes, Make it Multigames oriented

17 54.84%
  • Other (explain in your post)

1 3.23%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Brown View Post
    Is there any update on this?

Because we had a full server tonight for a little bit, with mostly new players as well. We were playing a few multigame maps and you could tell everyone was really enjoying themselves, then a course map gets voted for (the map was bankrobbery, and I guess they voted for it because of the misleading name) and most people leave, so it goes from a full server (26 players) to 10 players in less than 2 minutes, with a lot of people saying before they left that they didn't like course maps. Then even when we rtv'd it the server population never recovered.
    I witnessed this happen. It was the first time I've ever seen the MG server full for a good 30-60 minutes. It started on awp_submarine, then next map was football, that was rtved to swag, then it was bankrobbery. Half the server left within seconds once ppl realized it was a course map.

Honestly, I don't see the server EVER being full on course maps. Multigame maps, on the other hand, are bringing in the population. If popularity is a priority for the MG server, course maps are only going to hinder any progress. Plus our hardcore course map population pretty much died after CS:S MG died (Hilner, Goldeneye, etc.).

I say lets cut our losses with this one. If removing course maps isn't the answer, then perhaps we can possibly remove them from randomly showing up on the map voting?

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    Liam Brown (5 May 2015), Mandeemoo007 (5 May 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    Im looking at possibly having a vote before the map vote to decide if the server wants to play a course map or a minigames map. If it's not possible or is no ones wants that for whatever reason, I'll talk to Bread about perhaps removing/cutting back on course maps

4. Thanked by 1 user:
    Wawa (5 May 2015)

SG Addict
    Yeah I was on tonight and a course map killed the server, which was sad because it seemed everyone was having fun.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Im looking at possibly having a vote before the map vote to decide if the server wants to play a course map or a minigames map. If it's not possible or is no ones wants that for whatever reason, I'll talk to Bread about perhaps removing/cutting back on course maps
    I like that idea. On top of that, make it so a high percentage of the vote is required in order to change the map to course. This will ensure course maps will still be played by the hardcore players and not when the server is full and only some people want to play courses.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $70.00
    So the plan is to get rid of courses to fix the population problem? That is a terrible idea mainly because having a population in the first place is what makes people join. If the Server has nobody on it then people are less likely to join, and who wants to be the first in a multigame map...you wouldn't have anything to do. Courses are something you don't need population to play. I find myself being the only one on a course map and most of the time people join. But who would join to 1v1 in multigames, that shit is boring without population. I doubt just Mg maps will boost the average population.

I mean look at pb..that server fills up with randoms simply because there already was a decent player base..If 4 people get on to hang out it eventually fills up. I feel like the only way to get new Mg players is to organize events and fill it 3/4 of the way ourselves in order to make new people join.
    Last edited by Whimsy; 5 May 2015 at 07:59am.

Banned

Donations:
    $136.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
    So the plan is to get rid of courses to fix the population problem? That is a terrible idea mainly because having a population in the first place is what makes people join. If the Server has nobody on it then people are less likely to join, and who wants to be the first in a multigame map...you wouldn't have anything to do. Courses are something you don't need population to play. I find myself being the only one on a course map and most of the time people join. But who would join to 1v1 in multigames, that shit is boring without population. I doubt just Mg maps will boost the average population.

I mean look at pb..that server fills up with randoms simply because there already was a decent player base..If 4 people get on to hang out it eventually fills up. I feel like the only way to get new Mg players is to organize events and fill it 3/4 of the way ourselves in order to make new people join.
    I know what you mean whimsy but I feel like at this point it would be best to either drastically down scale/completely remove course or do that vote thing like Octa said if it is possible. If we end up going down the route of removing course I want a course server

SG Addict
    Get rid of courses, replace them with escape pedo bear.
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

10. Thanked by 3 users:
    Black Rain (5 May 2015), Mandeemoo007 (5 May 2015), Wawa (5 May 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
    You make a good point. So, I think it would be best then if there was a vote for course/multigames before map voting in order to avoid having to remove course maps altogether.

Course maps = Awesome for a few
    Multigame maps = Awesome for many
    Last edited by Wawa; 5 May 2015 at 10:05am.

SG Regular
    Enable multigames category vote for 8+ players on server. DONE.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Well, I had no idea how to bhop. I have never finished a course map. However, I still want to keep the courses in the rotation because they motivated me to keep challenging. Multigames are fantastic, especially those made my Paul :D. So in my opinion, we should keep both multigames and course maps.
    Ricky Tikki Tavi

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List