Thread: Gaming Desk

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $25.00

Gaming Desk

I've been wanting to upgrade my computer desk for a long time but have not found anything that interested me. Until I found out about these R2 desks, it is not in production yet nor available until May 2015 but these look really cool. I'd be good for a corner desk or just a normal one that I could place a lot of stuff on.

http://shop.prospecdesigns.eu/?_ga=1...635.1428181557

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Didn't know people put so much thought into a desk /shrug

SG Addict
    damn those things are ugly...

you can get a way bigger, nicer, and cheaper desk at office depot or something lol.

just like everything else with "gaming" in its name, those are probably a complete waste of money.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $25.00
    My first corner desk started to get messed up and this second one I have is okay, but all the desks I've seen are too small and have unnecessary amount of drawers I wouldn't use.

https://youtu.be/bY3qBssqzDg?t=44s

Just something as simple like that except his desk is from Ikea. I've never bought any furniture from them but people tell me it isn't reliable?
    Last edited by Leon; 4 Apr 2015 at 07:38pm.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    My first corner desk started to get messed up and this second one I have is okay, but all the desks I've seen are too small and have unnecessary amount of drawers I wouldn't use.

Just something as simple like that except his desk is from Ikea. I've never bought any furniture from them but people tell me it isn't reliable?
    Nothing is reliable these days, but the fact that you're talking about a several hundred dollar desk when you want the simplicity of the desk that guy has.......You could literally build that thing in a day, paint and all, and save yourself a lot of money. Not to mention the fact that minus the drawer thing, the original desks you linked aren't very simple.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $45.00
    personally i like L shaped desks for the extra room and because i can rest my arm on it. heres mine http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1000_.jpg

SG Addict

Donations:
    $1.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post

I've had stuff from IKEA that's lasted years, I've seen stuff from IKEA that's toppled over in months. It depends on what you get, really. Most of it is cheap particle board, but honestly I don't really care and you probably won't either unless you're a furniture elitist or something. As long as you assemble your stuff correctly and aren't crazy rough with your stuff you should be fine with your average IKEA/Wal-Mart furniture.

edited to sound less like a douchebag.
    Last edited by harro; 4 Apr 2015 at 10:58pm.

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $25.00
    Damn chill, all I needed was to see what other members had, find a decent desk, and places. The desk I talked about looked nice but would probably have been too big anyway.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    IKEA furniture is decent, trust me on that. Don't go for overpriced desks, I bought mine for 170$ and it's from IKEA. Bought it a month ago to place in my house.
    Only downside.. Don't buy IKEA furniture if you can't put it together

Good luck finding what you want ;)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $10.00
    that's bloody expensive for such a small desk.

Just buy some ikea linnmon/adils combo(the one u saw in the video) . They are pretty modular so you can add shelf,drawer, or another table for mega table.

User Tag List