Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knockback

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0 M4ni4c View Post
    Just like you said.... You learned.

I agree with what Jazz is saying, but also @Punky is dealing with the playerskillset and other admins are following us.
    I know i use my big mouth in the server and thats to teach them how to play escape.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails.
    People will only use different weapons when they learned how to defend... Eventually people will use the old funny p90 guns.
    But still we need the negev on very difficult maps like Mako and frostdrake.
    Especially Frostdrake is a difficult one since we didnt beat it yet!

So untill we got a decent amount of playerskilled people you shouldn't tweak too much with the knockback.
    If we never challenge anyone to learn, how could they actually improve?

The problem comes from the fact that 2 - 3 people can hold for an entire team due to current settings. This means the majority doesn't even need to shoot their gun.

Spoiler

Don't Stop Believin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Wesker View Post

The problem comes from the fact that 2 - 3 people can hold for an entire team due to current settings. This means the majority doesn't even need to shoot their gun.
    Very true, me and @Paul held off like 25 zombies on rooftop. Also me and @Vy won on vodoo islands 2v13. Those scenarios just cant happen... However don't worry guys, I'm sure guys like my portugese abuser friend @Pan32 and long time member @SpikedRocker will handle this issue with style. #MakeZeRougher #ShowAppreciationToHigherUps !
    Last edited by Jazz; 31 Mar 2015 at 06:11pm.

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    Agent_Wesker (31 Mar 2015)

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Honestly, this generation of gamers has nothing on mine. We never asked for things to be "made easier". That was most of the fun. Trying to beat something that consistently was a bitch. Back when I first was playing it was a bit of a rare thing when humans won. Mainly cause we had more fun watching epic fail nades and dumbasses on edges. But thats the thing, we really didn't care who won as long as everyone enjoyed it. That was ZM and thats why it made it this far.

I almost feel that us being able to change knockback is just plain cheating. Both cheating the game and the player. Whats next give no clip to humans? (/s)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Wesker View Post

Try and hold Frostdrake , Mako , Indiana jones, Puto with just 2-3 people if you can beat those maps with 2 or 3 persons against a horde of zombies of like 30 players then we talk.
    Easy maps like rooftop should be removed. Here's the reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    Honestly, this generation of gamers has nothing on mine. We never asked for things to be "made easier". That was most of the fun. Trying to beat something that consistently was a bitch. Back when I first was playing it was a bit of a rare thing when humans won. Mainly cause we had more fun watching epic fail nades and dumbasses on edges. But thats the thing, we really didn't care who won as long as everyone enjoyed it. That was ZM and thats why it made it this far.

I almost feel that us being able to change knockback is just plain cheating. Both cheating the game and the player. Whats next give no clip to humans? (/s)
    Just like SpikedRocker said.
    Its funnier to see people fail and try to beat the map with the standard settings of the server.
    Then to tweak it.

Most of the easy maps are already been removed, mainly because it gets plain boring to watch.
    You only need to run hold one point and your done.
    I'm missing the action and the challenge you had in the old days.
    You really want to make it rough on the server? .... Restrict AWP / Negev / m249 see if you can beat the maps then.
    I remember 2010 we had some sort of setting too.
    The M249 was restricted and the awp too.
    Only weapons you could choose we're Rifles / SMG / shotguns.

Because like SpikedRocker said back then it was rare that humans one a round.

If you look now, people occassionly beat ze_helms_deep.
    In the past it was rare if you made it to the door inside the castle/building.
    Now a days its rare if zombies win.

Time to take back the challenge from the past i say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Very true, me and @Paul held off like 25 zombies on rooftop. Also me and @Vy won on vodoo islands 2v13. Those scenarios just cant happen... However don't worry guys, I'm sure guys like my portugese abuser friend @Pan32 and long time member @SpikedRocker will handle this issue with style. #MakeZeRougher #ShowAppreciationToHigherUps !
    I won alone on liliciana vs ~15ish zombies. I held off like 7 zombies alone on rooftop. It's wayyyy to ezy.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    On most maps what I said holds true, Frostdrake is the exception because it was made with teamwork in mind. It's also one of the very few open ended maps. Any situation where the zombies are coming directly at you can be dealt with easily (maps with tight hold points or hallways).

A possible solution would be to restrict Negev / AWP on most maps except for Frostdrake / Mako / Skyrim.

Spoiler

SG Addict

Restricting negev is silly.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Thats what people said in 2009 about the m249 as well. Still we did it back then and it worked.
    We kept the population and even got more famous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Tbh I think it might be worth a try, could make it more challenging instead of everyone going full negev.
    Tho restricting negev on mako is a baaad idea x.x; wouldn't make it past the boss on hard/extreme if ur unlucky xD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List