Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knockback

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00

Knockback

I am looking to rebalance the knockback on the server, I don't want to be too drastic with the changes but I do want zombies to not feel as though they are constantly being sent flying back across the map when they get hit with a negev in the head.

What are peoples general views on the current state of knockback in the server?

Which guns do you feel are over/under powered?

What would you nerf/buff?

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Negev OP, pls nerf

Shotguns pls buff as they cant be sprayed and require some aiming / thought

Rifles, reduce ammo or block completely

P90, buff slightly

Spoiler

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    Hambo (30 Mar 2015)

SG Player
    I feel that knockback should be reduced at a very marginally small amount.
    In the current state of the mod, zombies still win a decent amount of rounds due to wall/door-hugging humans & trolls.

If this is possible, I would like to suggest that knockback be lowered on CT sided maps like DangerousWaters & BoatEscape while maps like Doom or ShroomForest be kept intact.

Unrelated essay post about increase/decrease in ammo clips in spoiler.
    I feel like I put too much opinion and thought into it to delete it.
    Spoiler

I vote to keep the rifles and the rest of the guns (not AWP) to be usable by all players. Rifles don't really deal that much KB vs Negev in my opinion but they deal pretty average to good KB.
    I feel like restricting certain gun(s) could cause some resentment among the current player base.

Overall, zombies still win a lot of the rounds even at this KB but I can see the frustration of being knocked back half a mile away. :P
    Last edited by Hambo; 30 Mar 2015 at 09:23am. Reason: Error with P90 Personal KB Scale - Edited again

5. Thanked by 3 users:
    Agent_Wesker (29 Mar 2015), Butters (30 Mar 2015), Vy (30 Mar 2015)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I gotta agree that the negev is overpowered but its still heavily relied upon on certain maps such as mako, frostdrake..etc. Reduction in ammo and some firepower would be good for it.

I used the P90 sometimes and its pretty good too so maybe a buff would be good for it if the negev gets nerfed.

The common rifles such as the AK47 and M4's are really good but I dont use it often thanks to the negev being op. I agree with Hambo that the M4A1-S needs to have an increase in ammo because 20 is way too limited in holding off hordes.

For the Bizon, I have no idea how that well works but I do see people use it and probably because of the ammo size and I'm guessing less heavier to run with.
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : steelseries rival is what a guy on tt is using right now which is aimbot and speedhack
    [26/03, 20:32] Mandeemoo007 : plz help
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : nvm
    [26/03, 20:34] Mandeemoo007 : that is a mouse
    [26/03, 20:37] BoM : ...........
    [26/03, 20:37] * Intelligence slow claps. *
    Black Rainツ少: speaking of subway now i hate you and want a sammich
    Korean Ninja [SG]: you want a sammich?
    Korean Ninja [SG]: oh thats pretty easy
    Korean Ninja [SG]: get a guy name sam
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and a guy named mitch
    Korean Ninja [SG]: and there you go
    Korean Ninja [SG]: sammitch

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    Agent_Wesker (29 Mar 2015)

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $45.00
    yeah the negev is the most used weapon the bizon is fairly decent as it has a decent rate of fire and ammo capacity. the shotguns are basically useless so increased ammo and knockback for shotguns and increased ammo for rifles other than awp of course.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    I have to disagree with you all on the shotgun knockback.
    I Use the Nova a lot lately and it's all about aiming!

When you shoot a headshot on the zombie you can easily shoot of 1000 HP or more.
    I even made it to 3900 hp in a single shot, so saying it isnt powerfull enough is just wrong.

Also on the knockback you're wrong. Same thing as the power of the shot on the head.
    If you aim right you can launch a zombie way back, but it's different because of the hitboxes.

I remember in the CSS days that you could easily shoot headshots, now a days on csgo you can't.
    So no offence, but it's pretty balanced gameplay to me.
    I see people lose more, then winning.

The only thing that should be balanced is to lower down the knockback on knives, thats the problem lately.
    People find it funny to knivelaunch the zombie's into the crowd, instead of shooting them back.
    Maby on the negev you could lower it down to 135 or 140.
    Don't lower it down to much, maps like Frostdrake, mako, LOTR, Puto and more are hard enough already and if we are going to lower down the negev you will lose more then rounds.

Ok i'm a fan of the negev, but i would agree a little with you guys if only the knives would be lowered.
    So think about the heavy maps how hard it is to beat, when you don't have negev's as a backup to support and defend.

one last thing. It's not only the negev that launchen zombie's, more weapons do this if you just aim the right way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

Don't Stop Believin'
    Unlike Hambo's detailed and perhaps more exclusive post, I just look at the most commonly used weapons. Those are Shotgun, Machine gun, AWP and P90. Depending on the map, I choose one of these 4 so I have a fairly decent variety of weapon selection. Changing too many weapon settings would be like changing weapons for competitive mod, we see pro's use m4/ak 90% of the time. Just because they don't use mp7 i.e. doesn't mean they should buff it in damage dealt and improve its recoil. I think thats that, different weapons shines in different game mods. As for knockback:

Shotgun: I don't know what you guys are talking about but I agree with Z3r0, shotgun knockback is OP as hell, atleast if you've got good aim to get headshots. Torso shots knockback are fine but if you could somehow decrease the knockback to make it like 1/10 of what it is now in headshot that would be good.

P90: Excellent weapon that fits most maps, but my personal opinion is that it needs a slight overall nerf. Due to its great recoil and decent mag, its already too good to be combined with above-the-average-knockback which we right now have on our server.

AWP: Oh this needs nerfing, overall. Headshots could do 2/3 of current. Torso like 4/5. I agree on restriction for this weapon on boss maps and such. Other than that, I disagree on limiting amounts of AWP/team. Let people use the weapon of their liking.

Negev: Two things can be done here. Either worsen recoil or nerf this beast. To not mess with valve default too much I'd say nerf knockback a little.

About zombies going flying it depends on the map. Some maps have slopes where if you shoot the zombie the slope sends it somehow flying. Disabling knife knockback is a big no for me, now that we have the plugin to show failknifers/tkers. It gives entertainment to the game. By the way zombies should win like 80% of the time.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    One thing i have to add to this.... The only reason i can think of to rebalance the knockback... Is only affective when people learn to Work together.
    When everybody does Teamwork on the server can you should rebalance.
    No offence but now we only have stupid people on the server that don't know how to play zombie escape.
    Only a few pro players know what to do, even if we fail on the funniest way we keep on trying.

So before we start re-balancing the knockback. First start learning people how-to play zombie escape in the proper way
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

12. Thanked by 2 users:
    Hambo (30 Mar 2015), Jazz (30 Mar 2015)

SG Addict

Negev: It's a really fun gun to use, though it is a little OP, however nerfing it could cause certain problems on maps that are extremely hard to beat, like frostdrake. If anything, the knockback should be decreased by a little, if possible, only for the headshots as they really are insane.

SMG weapons: I feel that they are completely useless. I used the bizon and it's nowhere near as good as the negev, probably even worse than TEC-9. I think that both the P90 and the Bizon could use a bit more ammo, like 90-100 for the bizon and around 70-80 for the P-90. I don't really remember the knockbacks on these weapons because I haven't used them in ages.

Rifles: The AK, AWP and M4 (also the other rarely used rifles) should be restricted. They are outright useless. The AWP is very annoying on maps like helms deep and mines of moria, because you can fuck up your team by shooting the zombie up a ramp and into the castle. On other maps its often just a bad weapon to pick up because you can't hold with it at all.

Shotguns: I think you could increase the shotgun ammo by a bit, but the knockback should stay the way it is, because it's already very high (especially if a zombie hits a ramp, he goes flying away).

Nades/Knife: What I'd really like to see is that nades would do more damage to the zombie. Not sure what the damage should be though. It would make for some funny moments when you blowaway half the zombie team. :3 The right-click knife stab should be nerfed abit, but I don't really see how it's going to change anything. You can still knife the zombie towards your team. To be fair, you can just shoothim towards them, so it's not like it's going to fix all the teamkilling (or accidental teamkilling) that's going on.

Other pistols (not TEC-9 and Elites): Currently they are terribad and useless. Could try adding ammo to some of them to make them a more viable choice.

14. Thanked by 1 user:
    Hambo (30 Mar 2015)

SG Player
    @z3r0 @Jazz;
    Me and Wesker didn't really talk much about zombie knockback though. I only gave my personal opinion on the KB. xD
    We're mostly talking about the lack of spray & crowd control and how a shotgunner can get mobbed easily if (s)he is going against 3+ zombies. :P

Yes, shotgun can have OP KB if aimed right but the chances of that happening is probably once every 4th shot at best for an average player. A pro shotgunner can do more, but can still be overwhelmed by 3+ zombies once he runs out of ammo.
    I just want to see a buff in ammo clip, not KB.

And I agree. I notice a chunk of players are wall-huggers/trolls whenever I play that often doesn't help out.
    These same players often increase the difficulty for the ones that actually want to win, which is why I still support a slight and small KB nerf.
    If it is possible to individually nerf certain gun KBs, then I would support nerfing AWP KB & Negev KB.

I agree with Vy's assessment with the knife knockback. Players will always find other ways to troll or keep the zombie away from them, even if it means shooting them ahead.
    I don't mind if the pistols would get slightly buffed in ammo clip (not tec-9) to allow players more variety instead of sticking to tec-9 all the time. I'd love to use my P2000 more often if it gets buffed ammo clip. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List