Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knockback

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    @Hambo First of all, the mention doesn't work on me if you don't use my full nickname

This thread is more about the slightly adjustment of the knockback talk, then talking about the experience of the playerbase we have.

I still stay with my statement i gave earlier... Just leave it this way for now..
    If they can adjust the hitbox knockback on headshots then i agree with a slight adjustment on the negev.
    But if this is not possible, then DON'T.
    You'll destroy the population and the reputation we now have.

And why we destroy that....because people can't hold and defend anymore like they use to back in the old days.
    They'll lose rounds and eventually stop playing because they can't win anymore.
    This is all caused by the lack of defence by other players.

So like i said.... Teach people how to play Zombie Escape... Show them how to defend / hold positions and work as a team...
    If you do that then adjust the knockback, because you have a certain amount of pro players that can hold and work together...
    I know this can be done! I've seen it in action when i tried and people eventually saw that listening to the people that are average/pro players works better and creates fun on the server... Then not listening at all. Just take the lead on the mic and try out!

Now its just a small group that defence and others run around like chickens and then blame others for not defending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

Banned

Holy shit the essays.
    Just wanted to drop a little note related to headshots, specially the awp headshots: it has to do with the gun itself, the game itself. At the start I didn't think I could do anything about it, but I believe I can make it slightly better than it is at the moment

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    Hambo (30 Mar 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan32 View Post
    Holy shit the essays.
    Just wanted to drop a little note related to headshots, specially the awp headshots: it has to do with the gun itself, the game itself. At the start I didn't think I could do anything about it, but I believe I can make it slightly better than it is at the moment
    That would help a lot if that's possible @Pan32
    Last edited by Z3r0 M4ni4c; 30 Mar 2015 at 07:39am. Reason: Spelling error

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Hambo (30 Mar 2015)

SG Player
    @Z3r0 M4ni4c; I thought the mention would work for shortened xD But now I know. :D

I wasn't sure if the discussion is only about knockback for the weapons since Paul also asked questions about guns being underpowered/overpowered and what we'd like to see nerfed/buffed, so I figured it also meant whether there should be an increase/decrease ammo clips for guns (still the same as buff/nerfing). I apologize for the unrelated post in the thread and will shove my post into a spoiler so people don't have to read it unless curious.

As a player, I'm not sure of what our server technicians can do/edit. I only assumed that our server technicians can only edit global KB and that it's not possible to edit KB of individual guns at the moment. Which is why most of my suggestions ended up leaning towards increasing/lowering ammo clips. xD

I agree that nerfing default ammo clip of Negev may piss off a lot of casual players.

I do take to the mic to lead at times and I often let players know when to fall back and where to defend. But.. it's a bit hard to keep track of wallhuggers, trolls, and those who just prefer not to listen when the zombie horde is trying to kill me while I'm defending with the players that actually listen. xD I usually play on the server when Admins aren't on/active so that makes it all the harder on me. :P Plus.. I enjoy knifing zombies 1 on 1. xD

I still strongly support the AWP limitations and if possible, lower KB on it too.
    AWPs really bring nothing to the table in multi level boss & boss maps so banning it in those maps would be awesome.
    I also support nerfing KB of Negev like Z3r0.

Wofe
    Donations:
    $30.00
    -Lower overall knockback (slightly), knife knockback (not much)
    -Limit awps on boss/not huge open space maps
    -(Not in the topic, but block on atix, dangerous waters, panic pls)
    -M4a1 clip = 30, ump = 30-35
    -(Aswell not in the topic, but 1 zombie/10 players on maps like dangerous waters or atix)
    -Might set different knockback for different maps (again lower on waters or atix ,maps that kinda are way to ct sided)

Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $512.00
    Lots of interesting takes on things here, some things which I should point out are:

-I have no interest in changing the clip size on weapons, they should remain how they are in CS:GO.
    -Not looking to set knockback on a per map basis, im sure there is but its a lot of extra work that would be require to keep this maintained.
    -Not adding block to certain maps, confuses new players and they think the server is broken.

Currently looking at lowering the knockback on the negev, awp and knife. I should also stress that I am not looking at overhauling all weapons, I only want to push through minor changes. I will re-read the thread later on before any changes are made so feel free to keep posting as it will all be taken into consideration.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Changing the clip size wouldn't fix the issue although it would make everything annoying. I agree with Paul.

Each weapon should have its own knockback setting in the config, we can tweak this to get it just right.

Also @Z3r0 M4ni4c players will only learn if you push them to. I used to exclusively use M249 in CS:S until the server I played on restricted it, then I learned to be good with P90 and enjoyed the extra challenge.

Spoiler

Don't Stop Believin'
    This may not be 100% relevant but if you see a map being overly CT sided or T sided, just make a map removal suggestion. Think outside the box, why should we apply a bunch of changes to weapons and such for a map just because that map is unbalanced? There are tons of maps out there so in reality, we don't need to change settings too much. Know what I mean? But yeah, our server has above-the-average knockback and below-the-average skilled players so our situation is kinda tricky. However with guys like Paul dealing with tech stuff such as knockback and guys like Z3r0 M4ni4c dealing with the playerbase's skillset, we'll do just fine!
    Last edited by Jazz; 30 Mar 2015 at 04:52pm.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Wesker View Post
    Changing the clip size wouldn't fix the issue although it would make everything annoying. I agree with Paul.

Each weapon should have its own knockback setting in the config, we can tweak this to get it just right.

Also @Z3r0 M4ni4c players will only learn if you push them to. I used to exclusively use M249 in CS:S until the server I played on restricted it, then I learned to be good with P90 and enjoyed the extra challenge.
    Just like you said.... You learned.

I agree with what Jazz is saying, but also @Punky is dealing with the playerskillset and other admins are following us.
    I know i use my big mouth in the server and thats to teach them how to play escape.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it fails.
    People will only use different weapons when they learned how to defend... Eventually people will use the old funny p90 guns.
    But still we need the negev on very difficult maps like Mako and frostdrake.
    Especially Frostdrake is a difficult one since we didnt beat it yet!

So untill we got a decent amount of playerskilled people you shouldn't tweak too much with the knockback.

Don't Stop Believin'
    Of course he is, thus why I said "guys like" ;) (im better than u z3r0 btw)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List