SG Addict

PC build thoughts

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=32504127

this is my wish list for a computer I'm planning on buying in a few days. any thoughts? the price is very firm and cannot go over $335 including shipping and taxes. would be interested in anyones thoughts if they had better suggestions for the same price. yes i know i could do better if i spent more money, but I don't so don't waste your time telling me the obvious.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    you need a higher graphic card to play normal on cs go, i don't know what the prices are now-a-days.
    But you really need higher then 740 gt.
    I say this because i run a 740m 2GB in my laptop and im getting problems to run normal from time to time.
    But then again i could be wrong.

On the other note its a nice basic computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    If you have the money, throw in a SSD too. Run your OS and primary games on that and store everything else on the 500gb HDD.

SSD is REALLY worth it.

Banned

Donations:
    $25.00
    My advice would be to save up a little more so you can fit in a Radeon R7 260x. If you really can't, then the gt 730 is your best option. Get the DDR5 version though, DDR5 is much faster than DDR3 and can utilize bit-memory much more efficient than DDR3. I don't know what games you are planning on playing, but you won't have a good time playing newer games with this card. Have you looked into second hand graphics cards?

The best under $100 CPU right now is definitely the Intel Pentium G3258. This is a dual-core CPU without Hyper-Threading technology, but it still challenges the quickest Core i3s once you tune it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    If you have the money, throw in a SSD too. Run your OS and primary games on that and store everything else on the 500gb HDD.

SSD is REALLY worth it.
    This is true, but with your budget I wouldn't recommend skimping on a graphics card to afford a SSD.
    Last edited by heartless; 24 Mar 2015 at 10:49am.

SG Addict
    thank you for your suggestions, I'm def going to go with the ddr5 graphics card, it fits into my budget. I am a bt out of the loop with computer parts, so my thinking of getting the quad core was the best route but it sounds like the duel core is better than the one I picked out. If I do choose to go with the Intel instead of the AMD, any suggestions on what MOBO I should use?

Banned

Donations:
    $25.00
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKO View Post
    thank you for your suggestions, I'm def going to go with the ddr5 graphics card, it fits into my budget. I am a bt out of the loop with computer parts, so my thinking of getting the quad core was the best route but it sounds like the duel core is better than the one I picked out. If I do choose to go with the Intel instead of the AMD, any suggestions on what MOBO I should use?
    I suggest you read this article. They test it with two cheap motherboards.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    NIKO (25 Mar 2015)

User Tag List