Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00

The revival/revamp thread of TTT

Hi,

So aside from the server currently not working and creating lua scripting errrors; everyone knows our beloved TTT server hasn't gotten the attention that it actually deserves, which has been for quite a while already unfortunately. The server is either empty all day or it's very low-populated whenever a event is being created for it. I feel like, seeing that TTT used to be one of my babies back in the days, that I should step up and work on the revival of this server and hopefully get back people's interest into playing the game-mode. I may not have the power to actually make any changes in the server, but I do have the ability to open up a thread like this and open it up for discussions and/or suggestions from our community members that are just as interested as I am to get the server back on it's feet.

I'd like to open up a few suggestions, which we already have talked about in the past and perhaps disagreed on, but right now nothing is happening and it isn't doing the server any favor. So please, try and reconsider your opinions from last time on some of the suggestions, because if it's going to stay where it is now, I don't see any improvement happening (population wise) any time some. You are also free to post any suggestions that you believe will improve the server from it's current state.

==========================

• POINTSHOP

I know this has been suggested several times in the past, and has been rejected several times, but it actually seems to attract people (I personally never liked the idea either). I've been going around on different TTT servers and most of them had a point shop included and having the people earn x2 points by just spectating seems to work. There may be pros and cons to this; reading some older threads people used the arguments such as; hit-boxes will mess up due to hats, trails following you all the way through the map etc. As for the hit-boxes, they don't automatically change just because something covers your head. It's just about knowing where to aim, this has been tested in-game by myself and a friend and it really doesn't have ANY effect when it comes to hit-boxes. Trails, should remain being disabled IMO. If we do add a point shop you don't have to go all out instantly -- meaning you don't have to drop 20 skins and whatsoever on the server to make it work. IMO on most of the servers people barely wear any custom skin -- so it's not a MUST HAVE whenever you have a point shop installed into your server.

• PERMA WEAPONS

This comes with the point shop really; as the name already says; it allows you to buy a weapon permanently. I could see arguments coming up as to, but then people will probably always have the better weapons (deagle etc) but keep in mind, weapons like a deagle requires skill and not everyone can just simply juan deag everyone. This really shouldn't have effect on the balance of the game. However, this is an open suggestion, which not everyone might like which is why I'm putting it here so people can voice their opinion on the matter, also keep in mind that you could simply increase the costs of 'perma weapons' and make it expensive so it takes some time and dedication before you are able to buy your first permanent weapon.

• WEAPONS

Can't find a weapon during the round because they all happen to be gone? We could either get someone to re-arm the map, or include a one-time purchase in the pointshop whereas you can buy a gun just for ONE round for a small amount of points (20). This suggestion may even be better compared to the 'perma weapons' so you have to keep re-buying your weapons instead of having them permanently. Also maybe some other weapons aside from the ones we've had for a while already.

• SUBSCRIBERS AND/OR SUPPORTERS

In addition to the pointshop, we coud allow subscribers and/or supporters to have access to certain items and or player models that a regular player doesn't have. Of course it will still cost them points but it will only be purchasable FOR THEM. That way we show some appreciation to them and they get some exclusives on our TTT server. Again, open for suggestions.

• KARMA SYSTEM

I can remember this was asked somewhere else, but I'll just mention it again and see how people feel about the suggestion right now. Instead of resetting your karma, how about making it stack no matter if the map changes or the server restarts, you'll get to keep the karma that you dc'd with. That way there's always consequences when killing innocent players, the less karma, the less damage your are going to be dealing and it will in the end be a challenge for yourself. No things such as auto-ban on low karma though. Having a system like this in place makes it easier for Admins to keep an eye out for those that are extremely low on karma (of course there are cases where people blatantly RDM or people having fun with close friends causing them to lose some karma -- but that will be up to the admin's discretion really.)

• RE-ORGANIZATION OF THE CURRENT MAPLIST

We should look over the current maps that are still in the maplist, discuss which maps seem to drag players away from the server and see which maps attract players. (yes minecraft, i know). Most of the bad maps have already been removed by Spartan a while ago, but maybe we can filter some others as well. There have also been some new TTT maps created while no one played on ours, so I will be suggesting these later tonight and hopefully we can test these AFTER the lua scripting errors have been fixed. Also we could start making our own community maps for TTT. If you have basic knowledge of Source SDK it shouldn't be too difficult. All you really need to do is create a layout for a map and play, unlike ZE where you constantly have to balance your map out a lot in order to get some proper gameplay going.

==========================

That's pretty much all that I have on my mind right now, I hope that we can put all the suggestions together in the end and hopefully be able to convince one of the AO's to maybe start implementing those into the TTT server. I hope you guys are as willing as I am to get TTT back to where it was. I'll start by posting some new map suggestions later tonight so we can test these out whenever. I hope this will result into something positive and hopefully will be the first step into the revival of TTT. If you have any suggestions yourself feel free to post those, and of course if you have anything to add to the suggestions that I have posted, feel free to do so as well.
    Last edited by Paralyzed; 14 Mar 2015 at 12:16pm.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

2. Thanked by 5 users:
    Black Rain (14 Mar 2015), BoA (14 Mar 2015), Mandeemoo007 (14 Mar 2015), Punky (10 Apr 2015), R3TROATTACK (14 Mar 2015)

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    we had same discussion from all the suggestion you mention in the thread (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58709)

I don't mind the little upgrade or pointshop but it will defeat the purpose of vanilla. But i do see that server with pointshop does get populate easier due to the pointshop system. I can't get on ttt every day and change the map to minecraft while sitting in server for 1 hour to get people.

Which is why i think maybe we should start having point shops like darkrp does.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    we had same discussion from all the suggestion you mention in the thread (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58709)

I don't mind the little upgrade or pointshop but it will defeat the purpose of vanilla. But i do see that server with pointshop does get populate easier due to the pointshop system. I can't get on ttt every day and change the map to minecraft while sitting in server for 1 hour to get people.

Which is why i think maybe we should start having point shops like darkrp does.
    Just because I posted these topics doesn't mean that I'm fully supporting them myself. It's more or less to get more input on them and see what others have to say. I absolutely love vanilla ttt myself, but I don't see how we are going to suddenly attract more players if we leave it like this and don't try anything else. Unless there's people here that really want to be dedicated and try it the old fashion way whereas people just join the server and hope more people will follow and/or creating events on the steam group.

If it stays vanilla and we somehow manage to get a stable population again, hell I'm all in for that.
    Last edited by Paralyzed; 14 Mar 2015 at 01:43pm.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Nuclear Onion (14 Mar 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Expect an event in the near future to gather community input on maps

TTT's #1 Rdmer and Hacker
    Spectate DM is a lot of fun, It's fun to do when people are taking forever to finish a round and I think we should have it.

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Some more input from regular TTT players (or at least those that used to be a regular back in the days) would be appreciated. What do you guys want to see being changed that could possibly attract you and more players into the server again?

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralyzed View Post
    Some more input from regular TTT players (or at least those that used to be a regular back in the days) would be appreciated. What do you guys want to see being changed that could possibly attract you and more players into the server again?
    For it to be populated, I honestly like the way it is right now. All I want to happen is for no major changes to happen, but am fine with some minor mods like point shop or adding more weapons.
    【=◈︿◈=】

TTT's #1 Rdmer and Hacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Paralyzed View Post
    Take away the perm karma idea, its just retarded. Everybody rdm's its accidental, You can't help it.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Seems like the server is a little bit almost dead....
    Come on people Revive this shitty shit and get some rdm's bitches
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Ello everyone,

So basically I'm helping keep the TTT server running/uptodate alongside Dirk and XeNo. As you can tell the server's pretty dead and we really need to fix that - Paralyzed's OP has some great ideas that I'm fully willing to try out. I'd love to get as much input as possible as to what would draw YOU guys back to the server, to make it more fun in general. Should we do a pointshop? Perma-weapons? Other mods/addons you know of? Let me know here and we can discuss/possibly try some cool things. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List