View Poll Results: Bring Minecraft back?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 75.00%
  • No

5 20.83%
  • Possibly (comment on your suggestions)

1 4.17%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bring MC Back

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    This is being discussed, and I'm willing to work on an MC server with the right backing and funding. How we are going to link this to SG is up in the air, as well as how the money will be managed. Fear not, these things will be worked out, however at the moment nothing is set in stone.

I can tell you:
    - The cost of a decent/good server would be $40-$50 dollars a month.
    - Good server choices would be Tekkit/FTB and/or Hunger games. Others can be discussed or mentioned, however these are the two with the most potential.
    - Ranks for the server would be up in the air.
    - With the server running under SG, I could only let CA+ work on the setting up/back end aspect. In game moderators are welcome and needed in excess.

I'm really happy that this has support, and I'd really like you guys to show it full force. Find your friends, tell them that this could be happening, show SG we mean business about MC. While MC has failed before, it is a very successful game and we have had successful servers. Me and Silent ran our most recent server, and it thrived for a long while, it was both profitable and populated. I'd like to see it that way again, and I'm sorry that it did fail, but some of the factors were out of our hands.

For any future endeavor into MC me and Silent would bring someone else on who either knows the server aspects already, or can be taught with relative ease. The stress and amount of effort me and Silent had to put in was draining, and it didn't help morale for us or others. There would also have to be massive support to keep this thing populated and advertising on some level. MC is a crap shoot for in game advertising, it really only gets spread from person to person chatter. I will do my best to keep our MC server page going with events to discuss this, as well as future events if the server does get up and running.

Tag me with any questions or comments.
    Last edited by BoM; 11 Mar 2015 at 12:56am.

2. Thanked by 2 users:
    Extreme Potatoes (10 Mar 2015), vorter (10 Mar 2015)

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    This is being discussed, and I'm willing to work on an MC server with the right backing and funding. How we are going to link this to SG is up in the air, as well as how the money will be managed. Fear not, these things will be worked out, however at the moment nothing is set in stone.

I can tell you:

- With the server running under SG, I could only let CA+ work on the setting up/back end aspect.
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    - Good server choices would be Tekkit/FTB and/or Hunger games. Others can be discussed or mentioned, however these are the two with the most potential.
    About this, I've seen servers that just have a shitload of gamemodes (Hunger games, Parkour, minigames, and many more) all in one server.
    I'm not entirely sure how they do this, but we should consider doing that if possible, so people can have a variation of gameplay, instead of always the same vanilla survival or always the same something else

SG Addict

Bring MC Back

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    About this, I've seen servers that just have a shitload of gamemodes (Hunger games, Parkour, minigames, and many more) all in one server.
    I'm not entirely sure how they do this, but we should consider doing that if possible, so people can have a variation of gameplay, instead of always the same vanilla survival or always the same something else
    Seen these before when my brother plays.

Its very similar to GMod Tower. You spawn and can go through different portals for different gamemodes (i.e HG, arena, horde, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Elemental (11 Mar 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $136.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    What they do is use a plugin like bungee which allows you connect from a hub server to different servers via portal/commands

Edit: This is also how they make 10k man servers without lag because it's technicall just several 100man servers
    Last edited by R3TROATTACK; 11 Mar 2015 at 06:26am.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Yeah exactly what retro said it's actually a bunch of servers put together. You can't throw all that on one server. You have to start with one solid game mode and then build up.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Last time, some motherfucker cleared out our faction base and stole our stuff, then jumped over to another faction.

That caused like.. 8 people to quit instantly

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    Last time, some motherfucker cleared out our faction base and stole our stuff, then jumped over to another faction.

That caused like.. 8 people to quit instantly
    It's silly to quit over something so small. Also factions seems to be off the board here for now from the people I've talked to.

SG Addict
    I'd love to see SG have another Minecraft server, but there are too many people that just want to grief and troll others.

Fuck that shit, no use putting time into anything.

On the other hand, gib me MCMMO back. The RPG-like nature of that was the best.
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    It's silly to quit over something so small. Also factions seems to be off the board here for now from the people I've talked to.
    After spending so much time on it?
    They even stole Nasu's pink wool carpet!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List