View Poll Results: Bring Minecraft back?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 75.00%
  • No

5 20.83%
  • Possibly (comment on your suggestions)

1 4.17%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring MC Back

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Hello friends.

I am willing to do MC again only if:

1) We raise enough money to run for at least 3 months (which should be around 132 if we use the old host). If people pay for it, we will administrate it. (contact me or bom first if you are interested in helping fund a new minecraft server)
    2) We assemble a proper staff who are actually willing to work on the server. As I said when the last server shut down: if there is ever a new server then we will need more staff.

Me and Bom have briefly talked about some basics but I will let him share some ideas in here.
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 10 Mar 2015 at 06:44pm.

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    We'd really have to work to make sure people stick around because it's failed more than a few times. I'm all for it and I hope it works out!
    The popularity bell curve seems to be true for all servers even our CSGO ones but it's especially worse for MC (which is why it failed so often).
    Mostly regulars play for a while and make factions (add in QQ, etc) exploring all that is new in the newest updates, then get bored and quit.
    We'd have to brainstorm something innovative to both attract and retain players. Off the top of my head are regular hunger games events, various mods like Tekkit, monthly map wipes, multiple worlds[survival/creative/hardcore], scavenger hunts, rewards that transfer over to our CS servers (ex. win a contest in MC and you win store credits in CSGO).
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGuns View Post
    Hello friends.

I am willing to do MC again only if:

1) We raise enough money to run for at least 3 months (which should be around 132 if we use the old host). If people pay for it, we will administrate it.
    2) We assemble a proper staff who are actually willing to work on the server. As I said when the last server shut down: if there is ever a new server then we will need more staff.

Me and BoM have briefly talked about some basics but I will let him share some ideas in here.
    132 should be nowhere near what a basic server costs, even if you meant per 3 months which is still 40+.
    The first server host I googled had a 2GB SSD VPS for $20/mo.

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    We'd really have to work to make sure people stick around because it's failed more than a few times. I'm all for it and I hope it works out!
    IF population declines we could variably adjust our server plan according.
    For example, if we spend a lot on a big server and have it always full, great.
    If suddenly only 5-10 are playing, we could just drop to a cheaper option until it starts to reach max capacity.

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Quote Originally Posted by vorter View Post
    132 should be nowhere near what a basic server costs, even if you meant per 3 months which is still 40+.
    The first server host I googled had a 2GB SSD VPS for $20/mo.
    Our last server cost $44/month. $20 servers are often complete shit but I suppose with sufficient research on the providers, we can try some out.

-------------------------
    Also I should mention that it is now possible to set up a 1.8.1 server with working plugins. We could also attempt Tekkit or FTB again ( which were quite popular in the past but demand a powerful server )
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 10 Mar 2015 at 05:55pm.

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Elemental (11 Mar 2015)

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    i suggest that we do something that is actually repeatable, or learn from the populars servers. (instead of faction, vanilla and tekkit when it failed and failed)

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

SG Addict
    I am pretty good at building in Minecraft. Although I haven't played it in about a year, I could help out with building the starting areas and stuff. And if I do get admin, I would be happy to help out moderating the server.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Server Administrator
    Yea, played every MC server sense tekkit. Though some of the reasons I have quit before is that my base has been grieved multiple times so I hope we could coach down on that. I would be willing to help out in the server anyway I can. Maybe we should do mid apps again.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    oh and apparently the four of us is a "troll group" according to potatoes. have you seen what neptune fishey tsuna bork and rosa do? Yeah I know you have and what do you do about it? Nothing

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    I'd scout out the massive 1000 player servers and survey the players as to why they prefer that server.

Banned

Donations:
    $136.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentGuns View Post
    Also I should mention that it is now possible to set up a 1.8.1 server with working plugins. We could also attempt Tekkit or FTB again (which were quite popular in the past but demand a powerful server)
    I agree with this as I am a big lover of modded minecraft, but I'm going to point out the down side of it after most players hit the end game of the main mods of the pack people tend to quit faster then in vanilla. At least that my experience.

If we do end up getting either I am willing to help in what ever way I am able to, whether its creating plugins or moderating.
    @SilentGuns @BoM
    Last edited by R3TROATTACK; 10 Mar 2015 at 08:37pm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List