Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00

A new thing coming to SG!

We are going to begin our own little podcast series. A small group of us will shoot the shit and talk about pretty much whatever is on our minds. Most topics will probably center around video games as that is the one thing most of us have in common. Out of the box, we won't have a strict schedule of when we will do them as we are still getting a feel for it and our schedules are a bit wonky, but eventually after some time we'll get a rhythm going.

So who is this podcast going to feature you ask? Well along with the likes of myself, I'll be joined by @Prez, @xDoodles, @Motox, and @Extreme Potatoes and we'll have surprise guests!

I think with this cast of characters we got if any of you have been on TeamSpeak late at night we have an interesting time, especially playing Cards Against Humanity.

So keep an eye out for a Steam Event Announcement we are looking to do one this weekend. For now enjoy this video of @vorter, @Nuclear Onion and myself listen to Motox tell us stories while he is drunk. (Thanks for being a good sport Motox <3)
    Last edited by SpikedRocker; 6 Mar 2015 at 11:55am.

2. Thanked by 11 users:
    $uperkiller67 (6 Mar 2015), Agent_Wesker (6 Mar 2015), Extreme Potatoes (6 Mar 2015), Fonzi (6 Mar 2015), Itch (6 Mar 2015), Mandeemoo007 (6 Mar 2015), Mystique (16 Mar 2015), SideArmSavage (9 Mar 2015), SilentGuns (6 Mar 2015), Sniper (6 Mar 2015), vorter (6 Mar 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Did gon b gud

voted worst AO of 2013
    I can't wait to be a special musical guest

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Wawa (6 Mar 2015)

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Good idea. I listen to podcast daily so this is a new addition. Keep'em coming.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Not going to be negative, but I don't believe this will stay alive for too long.
    The main thing I'd put in a podcast from a gaming community is new stuff and some objective opinions about new games, servers, promotions (rank changes) in the community.
    Building out our YouTube channel is good with a podcast.
    Listening to somebody who is supposed to be drunk won't attract many views :/

Advertise for the podcast in the servers too

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    I like this! :o
    Looking forward :D

Hurt Feelings Police
    Donations:
    $5.00
    Yes! Can't wait.

I would recommend good quality microphones though, robot voices and background sounds are not good.
    Last edited by SilentGuns; 6 Mar 2015 at 01:05pm.

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    Not going to be negative, but I don't believe this will stay alive for too long.
    The main thing I'd put in a podcast from a gaming community is new stuff and some objective opinions about new games, servers, promotions (rank changes) in the community.

We won't be too hard on SteamGamer stuff. Yeah we might mention a few things but they will most likely be quick and more of an informational hit. The above video was just something to help me test a few things involved with making it. So there won't be parts that are like "listen to this drunk guy". There's a few very successful podcasts that I frequently listen to that I feel has a good format. I think everyone will be surprised by it and also by no means will we be perfect on our first go or even our first few times. While we have a great relationship already, I think we'll still need to get a feel for what everyone is capable and willing to do for these things. Got to get the chemistry going :-P.

That said, I'm excited to bring you guys some content that isn't based on the servers, games or the forums themselves. This will be a new outlet for us and hopefully will help us bring others this way to join us for all the fun that is had here.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post

You're just jealous you aren't a musical guest star

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Why am i not invite to the cast

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List