Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SG Addict

Thoughts about the New HTC One (M9)?

So the new HTC One (M9) just got announced yesterday and I was wondering what you think about it? The design of the phone got some slight tweaks so it is easier to hold, which was a problem in the M8. It is also two toned like their Desire line. The insides all got upgraded as well. One major problem with both the M7 and M8, was the camera, and finally after 2 years, they upgraded the camera to 20 megapixels for way better quality than 4 megapixels. The speakers also got upgraded to Dolby Digital 5.1 but are still in the same spot as the other One's, which is on the front face. I personally like the HTC One series better than Samsung Galaxy series because of the design, but thats just me. Here is everything that you need know about the HTC One (M9)- http://www.androidauthority.com/htc-...bility-590369/
    【=◈︿◈=】

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    wat...........

people do understand that this is impossible right? they didn't actually figure out how to get 5 speaker surround sound and a sub woofer from an area that is 5 inches across.

I mean it still has two speakers

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    wat...........

people do understand that this is impossible right? they didn't actually figure out how to get 5 speaker surround sound and a sub woofer from an area that is 5 inches across.

I mean it still has two speakers
    Some kind of virtual surround sound I assume, much like the virtual surround sound in gaming headsets.

The new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge seems to be a lot better than the M9.
    This is coming from someone who loved the M8 but jumped to the iPhone 6 for the seamless user experience.
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Quote Originally Posted by vorter View Post
    Some kind of virtual surround sound I assume, much like the virtual surround sound in gaming headsets.

The new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge seems to be a lot better than the M9.
    This is coming from someone who loved the M8 but jumped to the iPhone 6 for the seamless user experience.
    so... like gaming headsets it doesn't work, cant work, and will never work?

the interesting thing is that with these two new phones it sorta looks to me like Motorola has the best option.
    Last edited by Dirk; 2 Mar 2015 at 03:17pm.

Syracuse Orange!!!
    Donations:
    $70.00
    I cant upgrade until June - I currently have the HTC One m8.. As of right now.. I honestly see no point in 'upgrading' to any phone... The m8 is a beast! And until it stops getting Android updates I will keep it.

But if something happens to my phone and I need to get a new phone the M9 is on the top of the list.

EDIT: Ok, so I might be going to the iPhone with my next upgrade because the car I will be getting within the next year is a Mini Cooper S(which intereracts with iPhones only :P)

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    The new galaxy has a much better build but decreased in many specs, especially the battery and not being able to swap batteries. I currently love my S5 but I am interested in the next LG phone. I kinda regret not going with the LG G3 so I am interested in what they come up with next. I had an HTC back in the day and didn't really like it but I know the M8 has been noted as being a great phone so I am sure the M9 would be the same.

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    now i can buy the m8 for cheap.

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mandeemoo007 (2 Mar 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarr View Post
    I cant upgrade until June - I currently have the HTC One m8.. As of right now.. I honestly see no point in 'upgrading' to any phone... The m8 is a beast! And until it stops getting Android updates I will keep it.

But if something happens to my phone and I need to get a new phone the M9 is on the top of the list.

EDIT: Ok, so I might be going to the iPhone with my next upgrade because the car I will be getting within the next year is a Mini Cooper S(which intereracts with iPhones only :P)
    you and your little tiny front wheel drive BMWs.

so the real question is do I get the LG G3 in 2 weeks or do I wait? I could also get the droid turbo which pretty much outclasses the S6 and the M9

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    you and your little tiny front wheel drive BMWs.

so the real question is do I get the LG G3 in 2 weeks or do I wait? I could also get the droid turbo which pretty much outclasses the S6 and the M9
    I wouldn't say it outclasses the phones. It has similar specs, but I think it depends on what you use your phone the most for, because if you want to take a lot of action shot shotography, go with the S6 or the G3, but if you want a great media consumption device, go with the M9 or the Nexus 6.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandeemoo007 View Post
    I wouldn't say it outclasses the phones. It has similar specs, but I think it depends on what you use your phone the most for, because if you want to take a lot of action shot shotography, go with the S6 or the G3, but if you want a great media consumption device, go with the M9 or the Nexus 6.
    I am on Verizon so I don't think the nexus is an option and the droid turbo has a better screen, better camera, and better battery than the M9 with the same CPU power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List