Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $45.00
    Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    You're entitled to your 50/50 opinion but most if not all statistics indicate that in a 5s game with Tryndamere v.s. Nasus there's like a 4-5% derivation from the the 50/50 (which is a lot considering the extremities would be like 7-8%). I'll source if you want but stuff can be easily found with google.

If Nasus makes mistakes he can be screwed early but if he just keeps playing he can easily come back.
    Tryndamere on the other hand is pretty much done if he loses early.

Also it doesn't mean there are because a game is more complex, there is a higher chance to "outplay" someone, due to the player versus player nature of the game. It just means there are more methods to outplay someone. [Taking the consideration that picks/buying items are part of playing the game]
    its true that nasus can just farm out to late game. but really what i boils down to is personal preference i prefer league you prefer DOTA in a similar way that people prefer CoD or Battlefield.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $24.00
    Esports wise even though riot did some great things to help players get salaried and other things like that I also think they ruined the international scene by reducing the number of times different regions get to face each other in tournaments while in dota theres a lot of internationnal tournaments. And as for the prize pool only affecting the players and not the people watching X event. I would much rather watch a tournament with a 10 million $ prize pool. While im not discrediting the league world championship for building a lot of hype around the tournament I feel it's the only event in the entire year that makes me want to watch professional LoL.

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    I trying my best here to populate ttt and visit ze!
    Last edited by BoM; 3 Mar 2015 at 10:38pm.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    I trying my best here to populate ttt and visit ze!
    hes talking about past experiences, one that people posting here had nothing to do with. go figure.

SG Addict

Donations:
    $1.00
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom153 View Post
    its true that nasus can just farm out to late game. but really what i boils down to is personal preference i prefer league you prefer DOTA in a similar way that people prefer CoD or Battlefield.
    And that's perfectly fine, I was just trying to give an example of why I preferred one game over the other. Wasn't really trying to say dota is necessarily better.

r00d b*****
    Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    Lol, I'm sorry, why are you talking about rank when you're like gold or some shit? Really hope you're trolling there bud.
    Lol yeah just because his rank is gold he isn't allowed to talk about other ranks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Malibu; 4 Mar 2015 at 06:42am.

Spoiler

voted worst AO of 2013
    damn people are really passionate about videogames.

tbh lol has champions where depending on who you pick you are fucked unless they are bad. In dota, because of the item variety, you are able to adapt to certain champ comps so you aren't just sitting in the back of teamfights all game and getting instant-murdered. The argument that dota champs are overpowered and have the ability to one hit you is a pretty dumb argument, you can easily build out of situations that will get you quickly killed (which you are supposed to do.)

in terms of champions and game mechanics dota is better definitely, the abilities dota champs have are a lot more interesting and offer a lot more possibilities, although I admit that the new bard guy shows some promise that riot is attempting to make some more interesting abilities. Also in lol its common to find yourselves in games where if you are up by 10 kills in the beginning you pretty much win the game. In dota there is much more comeback potential, where even if you are down by 20, if you play smart you can come back.

league is better to play causally with friends online, but honestly if you get 10 people dota is way more fun for inhouses, dota is much more fun screwing with (or getting screwed by) your friends. Seriously play techies against xdoodles and you will know no greater joy in this world.

bottom line, if you want to play a game where you can just relax with friends, and still have a competitive experience on ranked, play lol. If you want a game with is a little harder to pickup and play, but becomes much more fun and rewarding once you do, play dota

8. Thanked by 3 users:
    Itch (5 Mar 2015), Lucid (4 Mar 2015), xDoodles (4 Mar 2015)

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
    if you want to play a game where you can just relax with friends, and still have a competitive experience on ranked, play lol. If you want a game with is a little harder to pickup and play, but becomes much more fun and rewarding once you do, play dota
    ^

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

SG Addict
    Dang I did not expect this to blow up. Good responses everyone, bunch of valid points. I was just curious to hear everyone's opinions on the matter. I've never played LoL and I sfirst tarted on Dota and I have not had a desire to play LoL from what I've seen of it. From what I've gathered, it's really personal preference and LoL is easier to pick up and Dota 2 is more punishing.

With no power, comes no responsibility.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List