Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oneplus one

Server Administrator
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Vy View Post
    It said it should take like 3 weeks until I start getting invites. Tbh, I thought I'd get them a bit sooner but oh well, not really going to complain.

It's been a few days and it's just a completely amazing phone. I used it all day today (charged it to 100%), with internet, wi-fi, music, games and general use and it's currently at 45% battery. It really does last a long time.
    Any complaints about it?

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Any complaints about it?
    Apart from it barely fitting in my pocket, nope. Its great. Battery keeps me baffled. :D

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $29.00
    i have owned my oneplus for around 6/7 months now.

for the price yea get what you pay (i got mine for around $370 USD) . At first yea was amazing Battery life would go for 2 days with heavy use. The camera made amazing pictures with ease.

Fast fwd to today. Battery lasts a day with heavy use. (guess thats normal after 6 months). Pictures dont look as high res as before. idk why(so many diff software updates so far).

The phone itself is falling apart though. So you know build quality is cheap. Kept it in a case for around 4 months. it fell 3 feet during that time onto its side onto hardwood floor (which is protected with case) made a part of the screen unresponsive. So said fuck it and took off the case. 2 months after. parts of the side started coming off. There are many problems with cyanogen mod 11. I get random restarts, i reallllly love the google play app. But its buggy as hell, but sure if just on the oneplus.

so overall yea its a decent phone. But don't expect it to last for year(s). Since at least in my experience it isn't as durable as regular ones.
    Last edited by sebak; 30 Mar 2015 at 04:14pm.

4. Thanked by 2 users:
    Jake (30 Mar 2015), Mandeemoo007 (1 Jun 2015)

SG Addict

I've read a lot of reviews and never heard anything similar. You mighve just gotten a defective phone. Or you dropped it a too much.

SG Addict

Well, it's been a while so I thought I'd give my view on it right now:

• The battery stills lasts a long time, however the latest update to lolipop had a bug that had something to do with radio or w/e, which heavily drained the phones battery (still lasted a day tho). Right now, with my usage it easily lasts me a full day and a half.
    • The bugs are getting fixed, though there's still quite a bit after the transition to lolipop. None of them are that bad, but mildly annoying, like the status bar auto-hiding, missing numbers when you try to dial (though this seems to only happen to me for some reason), the music app randomly stops working
    • I've dropped it twice, once in the cinema and while in bed. Nothing really happened, though I do have the tampered glass and the case on. Both times it dropped on solid hard surfaces.
    • Personally haven't dealt with, but many people were crying about how bad the support was. Personally I'm more irritated with how their forums work, and that it's practically impossible to find anything there easily. (there is information, but a shit layout and navigation)
    • All the apps that I've downloaded work completely fine.
    • It rarely ever lags/stops for no reason. The only time it lags is when I launch Dumb Ways to Die 2.

I haven't had the phone for a very long time. Just over 2 months. It's still worth buying, because of how cheap it is, it currently costs €348 (64gb version) in Lithuania. Compare it to the Samsung Galaxy S6 (32gb), which is 700+ EUR with the carrier. I believe the 64gb cost is around 800+ Euros. So more than twice the price. The downside of the phone is the support it gets. So far so good, but it could've been better.

--------------

There also seems to be a new One Plus 2 phone that is rumored to come out. Not really sure how good it is though.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mandeemoo007 (1 Jun 2015)

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00

• The battery stills lasts a long time, however the latest update to lolipop had a bug that had something to do with radio or w/e, which heavily drained the phones battery (still lasted a day tho). Right now, with my usage it easily lasts me a full day and a half.
    • The bugs are getting fixed, though there's still quite a bit after the transition to lolipop. None of them are that bad, but mildly annoying, like the status bar auto-hiding, missing numbers when you try to dial (though this seems to only happen to me for some reason), the music app randomly stops working
    • I've dropped it twice, once in the cinema and while in bed. Nothing really happened, though I do have the tampered glass and the case on. Both times it dropped on solid hard surfaces.
    • Personally haven't dealt with, but many people were crying about how bad the support was. Personally I'm more irritated with how their forums work, and that it's practically impossible to find anything there easily. (there is information, but a shit layout and navigation)
    • It rarely ever lags/stops for no reason. The only time it lags is when I launch Dumb Ways to Die 2.

I haven't had the phone for a very long time. Just over 2 months. It's still worth buying, because of how cheap it is, it currently costs €348 (64gb version) in Lithuania. Compare it to the Samsung Galaxy S6 (32gb), which is 700+ EUR with the carrier. I believe the 64gb cost is around 800+ Euros. So more than twice the price. The downside of the phone is the support it gets. So far so good, but it could've been better.

--------------

There also seems to be a new One Plus 2 phone that is rumored to come out. Not really sure how good it is though.
    This has been very helpful since i am still considering this phone, i still have a little bit more time on my contact but it is between the Oneplus, S6, Droid turbo and the Asus Zenfone 2. Please keep us updated!
    •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Rilex View Post
    This has been very helpful since i am still considering this phone, i still have a little bit more time on my contact but it is between the Oneplus, S6, Droid turbo and the Asus Zenfone 2. Please keep us updated!
    @Rilex There's weird glitches from time to time. If you want a smoother experience for a far higher price (and similar or even worse specs) buy something else. I still think it's a great phone tho.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. Ill update this later if I remember to:D

----

Something I forgot to mention is that they and Cyanogen sort of split ways. Cyanogen will still support OnePlus phones, but OnePlus is slowly making their own version of CyanogenMod called OxygenOS. Not sure if it'll be as good though.

SG Addict
    Something I forgot to mention is that they and Cyanogen sort of split ways. Cyanogen will still support OnePlus phones, but OnePlus is slowly making their own version of CyanogenMod called OxygenOS. Not sure if it'll be as good though.
    Yeah, I was wondering how that is going with the transition of OS's. It sucks because that was a great selling point for the OnePlus.
    【=◈︿◈=】

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $30.00
    You can still get support from Cyanogen mod on a oneplus for two years I think. Oxygen is pretty bad atm, hydrogen (Chinese version) is a lot better.

SG Addict

The battery issue has been fixed. The status bar (the little black bar above everything that shows battery percentage, time and connections) weren't broken at all. The theme I was using was out-dated so it didn't work for me. The numbers issue was due to the theme being out-dated as well. The music app hasn't crashed for me for a while now.

I read about some recent bugfixes online and it fixed all the problems I've had so far. The case that I have on is pretty worn out though, it slightly chipped at the edges (not the phone itself), though thats probably because I dropped it a few times. The camera has been fixed as well, it no longer lags or stutters for no reason.

All in all it's been around 3-4ish months now and I'm very glad I've bought this phone.
    Last edited by Vy; 3 Jul 2015 at 06:05pm.

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    Mandeemoo007 (3 Jul 2015)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List