Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    SG Player
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Ok I'm willing to play devils advocate on this one:

in regards to haleme, in the past when he has come on and acted out with his rather "colorful" imagination with how he uses voice chat, when asked to cease that behavior he has stopped. When he is in the server he is a team oriented player, plays the game properly, and I believe truly has fun.

We are trying to get our ZE server up to the top of the charts, to the promised land. I know his behavior has been deemed offensive to some, and I respect your feelings towards the situation. I'm only going to say to be careful with how we handle a fairly active player on our server, who has stated to me that he enjoys playing on our server, while still trying to make our server #1. Of course whatever decision is made I will respect 100% as we are looking out for what is best for SG.

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    haleme883 (13 Feb 2015)

Nubcake
    Donations:
    $90.00
    Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleChild87 View Post
    Ok I'm willing to play devils advocate on this one:

in regards to haleme, in the past when he has come on and acted out with his rather "colorful" imagination with how he uses voice chat, when asked to cease that behavior he has stopped. When he is in the server he is a team oriented player, plays the game properly, and I believe truly has fun.

We are trying to get our ZE server up to the top of the charts, to the promised land. I know his behavior has been deemed offensive to some, and I respect your feelings towards the situation. I'm only going to say to be careful with how we handle a fairly active player on our server, who has stated to me that he enjoys playing on our server, while still trying to make our server #1. Of course whatever decision is made I will respect 100% as we are looking out for what is best for SG.
    Yeah we want him to keep playing. He's a great active team player. It's just that his offensive jokes need to stop.
    I am a fan of ellipsis...

If you like electronic music: https://soundcloud.com/vorter
    Check out my playlists ;)

SG Player
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by vorter View Post
    Yeah we want him to keep playing. He's a great active team player. It's just that his offensive jokes need to stop.
    Ok, how about we attempt this solution? One of the higher ups reach out to haleme on Steam. Ask if he could come onto our TeamSpeak at a specified time to discuss the concerns. If he shows up it will show he truly cares about the situation and a resolution can be made. If he fails to show up, then it will show that he has no concern and only signals that the behavior will continue. In the case where he doesn't show up, escalation will more than likely be necessary. If it ends up resulting in a ban he will be forced to come on here and appeal, at which time he will basically be a captive audience (I know I saw someone say that already)

Just my 2 cents

Banned

Donations:
    $15.00
    Just ban everyone.

6. Thanked by 4 users:
    Bdcoll (13 Feb 2015), Elemental (13 Feb 2015), KnuckleChild87 (13 Feb 2015), Korean Ninja (13 Feb 2015)

SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    Just ban everyone.

WILL DO. ON IT. YES.
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

8. Thanked by 2 users:
    Bdcoll (13 Feb 2015), Korean Ninja (13 Feb 2015)

Noodles <3
    SG. We know Drama!

Just to leave a note here, if you're a SA that is bothered/annoyed by Haleme, ask him to stop politely and if he doesn't just mute him as a warning. That's what I did the first time because someone complained about him and I unmuted him minutes later. He then stopped for the whole duration when I was on the server and was cool. Like Vorter said, he is an active player on the server and I would like to have him around because some people do join the servers for him and it keeps the server populated.

Things might be disturbing as fuck, but this is the internet. You're all going to have to get over the fact that disturbing shit IS thee internet. Just my opinion on things. I don't think there should be a drama over ONE guy talking about weird fetishes or disturbing things. There are a million other people out there just as/or more disgusting than Haleme and others that are actual pedos/psychos whatever you want to call them out there doing disturbing shit.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    I do give it to him for stopping when asked. He added me on Steam last night and when the server was running the old version he asked me about it. So he is a concerned regular and wants to stick around it seems. So my thoughts on the situation have changed a bit. Imo he just needs to tone it down a bit sometimes lel.
    •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

11. Thanked by 1 user:
    haleme883 (13 Feb 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Quote Originally Posted by xDoodles View Post
    SG. We know Drama!

Just to leave a note here, if you're a SA that is bothered/annoyed by Haleme, ask him to stop politely and if he doesn't just mute him as a warning. That's what I did the first time because someone complained about him and I unmuted him minutes later. He then stopped for the whole duration when I was on the server and was cool. Like Vorter said, he is an active player on the server and I would like to have him around because some people do join the servers for him and it keeps the server populated.

Things might be disturbing as fuck, but this is the internet. You're all going to have to get over the fact that disturbing shit IS thee internet. Just my opinion on things. I don't think there should be a drama over ONE guy talking about weird fetishes or disturbing things. There are a million other people out there just as/or more disgusting than Haleme and others that are actual pedos/psychos whatever you want to call them out there doing disturbing shit.
    It makes no difference whether there are worse people/actors out there, the fact is that some people including other admins find his behavior through lewd speech to be uncomfortable, not warranted and overall not acceptable. As it is our server as a community, we have the responsibility to ensure that the overall environment is inviting to outsiders and to also ensure that our current players have a fun and friendly environment to play in. As was said, haleme is a good player and a valuable asset when actually playing ze maps. However all of our admins can exercise responsible judgment in situations that arise such as this. Like XeNo stated admins can use the proper protocol for dealing with that behavior.
    Last edited by Prez; 13 Feb 2015 at 12:23pm.

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    vorter (13 Feb 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    Quote Originally Posted by xDoodles View Post
    That's like my orthodontist saying "Oh well, while you had braces for 5 years, this other guy had braces for 6 years so you shouldn't complain because he 'had it worse than you'." It doesn't matter if he's an active player or not, if someone is a shitty person who intends to think he is "funny" while others think he is not and is making others have to mute him, then we don't need him to stick around. Just because there is worse stuff around on the internet, doesn't mean we should just have the mentality that "oh it isn't a big deal because it isn't as bad as other things around."

Well anyways, if this guy is a cancer and has been warned to cut it out or keep it down to a minimum, just do what Xeno said and warn him/them before banning.

Server Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilex View Post
    He added me on Steam last night and when the server was running the old version he asked me about it. So he is a concerned regular and wants to stick around it seems.
    Then give him a heads-up over steam about the issue, though frankly we shouldn't need to warn someone to not be an idiot. Usually it's sorted quickly after a stern warning.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

User Tag List