Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Donations:
    $45.00

Question Minigame Ideas/Improvements

So, lets face it. MG is suffering. Its struggling to get on its feet again, and whilst the community event a few weeks back was great at getting people in, it seems to have only been a case of people coming in for rewards and then leaving again.

This really shouldn't be the case. MG has a big following from not only random players, but also from our own community. We should really be using that to bring the server back to a self-sustaining level.

After talking to people in the chat box, I decided to make this thread so YOU, the community can post in it, tell us what you think might help, what you want adding to the server, want removing from the server etc. etc.

Please just make sure to include links to plugins, maps etc.

2. Thanked by 3 users:
    Fonzi (21 Feb 2015), Prez (11 Feb 2015), SideArmSavage (11 Feb 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    I'll keep this as a separate post not to confuse the two.

Ideas/comments from CB were:

Bring back MG_Saw, Gore_Course, MG_cannonz

More maps that aren't Multigames

Course Timers

Bhop not working so great

Just needs to be less boring.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Also maby you can make a Multigame server of it! then i mean Deathrun / Gungame / Minigames / surf together
    I know this was made by someone in the past probably but because everybody likes a different mod game why not try and all put some effort in making it populair
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Yeah it's been hard to keep a population up, though yesterday I made an event and we got the server up to 18/32 which is decent (other servers were still busy too). I'm gonna see if I can get some ports of popular maps from CSS if they aren't already made.

Another two things that are still gonna happen:

1. The store is still going to be released. Mpqc is working on it still but we're definitely having it for mg
    2. We've decided on some skins to use for players, sub's and Admins alike and those should be on as soon as is possible

I hope people have lots of ideas about how to make the server great :D

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    I feel like once we put a store in there and find a decent timer for course maps we may have a better time getting people to join the server at their own motives and not just "oh look an event, better do my job and populate it for three maps."

Perhaps maybe even adding a rank system too if possible? People seem to love that type of shit.

Another thing, if you see a map that's just not ready yet (like just flat out bugged) please just request it to get removed, no point in keeping maps that kill an already fragile server population.

7. Thanked by 1 user:
    SideArmSavage (11 Feb 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    like i said in Shoutbox....server population also get killed because of too many Multigame maps and almost none normal course maps...

Also map examples like a mg_saw map for instance or a mg_cannonz an old map that @Paul made for minigames in the past
    Last edited by Z3r0 M4ni4c; 11 Feb 2015 at 07:48am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00

Minigame Ideas/Improvements

Quote Originally Posted by Z3r0 M4ni4c View Post
    like i said in Shoutbox....server population also get killed because of too many Multigame maps and almost none normal course maps...

Also map examples like a mg_saw map for instance or a mg_cannonz an old map that @Paul made for minigames in the past
    Eh that's pretty small to me. The server loses people because after awhile people start to leave to either play competitive or ZE. That's fine and all, no one should be forced to stay on the server for too long if you don't want to. Unfortunately the server fails to draw new people in to replace the ones that left. CSS MG could hold a population because really there wasn't much else in CSS in general! There was no competitive ranks and it was easy to find the server unlike now somewhat.

The map selection is fine, there's enough courses that are beatable, and the mg maps are fun for the most part. We just gotta find the maps that are bugged/shit and rid of them from the selection. Relax and give this shit time, it isn't going to explode like ZE did. I trust our AOs can make this work.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Oh, also we're gonna be testing an actual port for smee too soon so hopefully that'll help

EDIT: I have made a thread in the CA section specifically for development and improvement of the MG server. If any of you guys have ideas that are posted here, they'll be transferred to that thread so we can keep track of a to-do list and things to research :D
    Last edited by Prez; 11 Feb 2015 at 08:50am.

pls
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    The map selection is fine, there's enough courses that are beatable, and the mg maps are fun for the most part.
    I disagree, the small map selection is one of the main problems with the server at the moment. We have the same problem the CSS server had, that people keep picking the same maps (swag, goldeneye, smee, ski, etc..), only now we have a lot less maps on the server so the problem is even worse.

A store isn't going to keep people playing if they get bored from playing the same maps over and over again.

12. Thanked by 3 users:
    Kippe (11 Feb 2015), Malibu (12 Feb 2015), R3TROATTACK (11 Feb 2015)

SG Regular
    I can port you the old maps if you msg me with download links to the .bsps

14. Thanked by 2 users:
    Nuclear Onion (11 Feb 2015), Prez (11 Feb 2015)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List