Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SG Regular
    Donations:
    $110.00

The problems with this server

Here is some problems why the server is not popolated.

-For eu players the server does not show up when you search in the servers list even if you search for max ping 150. I have to have the ip and add it to favorites thats the only way i can find the server. I think css has the same porblem over the last year to.

-The nubs of cs:go want to have auto jump and they dont play if there is no auto jump on mods like MG. But i refuse to play autojump as do most of SG. But I would say that 50-70% of the players would not play MG without auto jump. This is the case in css to

-Some maps are buggy/broken maybe not the entire map but some levels on multigames maps i do not know if others servers have those maps too.
    Last edited by losaren; 30 Jan 2015 at 09:21am. Reason: fixed some spelling

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    1. Wouldn't know about it because I'm a yank.

2. You mean bhop? They added an 'artificial' bhop to the server because, as with the NUMEROUS shortcomings of CS:GO, bhop was not-enjoyable/non-existent/broken. It's not perfect right now, and I'm sure it will undergo more tweaks, but it's better than nothing IMO.

3. I absolutely agree, and the higher-ups are aware too. I know this has been the issue of focus for Bread, Paul, and probably others as well.

The MG server will improve over time, just like the ZE server; I have faith in the CEs/AOs/TAs behind it.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $110.00
    as bhop is now i think it is on a good level not to hard or easy. If we added autojump every one could bhop and at insanity speed but with the experience i have most of the players enjoys this but i might bring more players. BUT IM STRONGLY AGAINST autojump.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    Don't know anything about the euro server situation, so I have no input there.

Saying nubs want autobhop is kindof strange to me, being on the server quite a few times, I haven't heard a single randy complain about the lack of auto jump, and there have been a good amount randies so yeah. I haven't seen anyone join the game and left right away because of there being no autojump (then again I wouldn't know that). It's not like you really even need autojump anyways, that would be more for death run or surf deathmatch imo.

As for the map situation, if people were to find out a certain map is heavily bugged/broken, then make a thread to get it removed, as far as us higherups know our maps are all ok (like ipods was just removed because of it being bugged as fuck) I'm sure those bugs will be fixed in time.

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    I don't think auto-bhop is necessary at the moment. The settings for Bhop currently in place are perfectly fine(for the moment), and easy enough for a new player to learn(I would think).

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    Any map that appears to be broken should be reported and/or removed. Not sure what the whole auto-jump story is all about, seems a bit unneeded and I doubt that would be one of the the primary reason for the low population of the server as it is now & as for the issue about EU players not being able to find the server in the servers list, I can't confirm it either as I never search for servers through that but simply add them to my favorites.
    Last edited by Paralyzed; 30 Jan 2015 at 11:02am.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $110.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    Saying nubs want autobhop is kindof strange to me, being on the server quite a few times, I haven't heard a single randy complain about the lack of auto jump, and there have been a good amount randies so yeah. I haven't seen anyone join the game and left right away because of there being no autojump (then again I wouldn't know that). It's not like you really even need autojump anyways, that would be more for death run or surf deathmatch imo..
    Might be true but the majority of other MG serers that i have checked on both CSS and CSGO have autojump and those seems to be more popular then those who does not.

And as i said i am strongly against autojump and i hate it but this is the facts.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $110.00
    as for the prombem finding the server when you are in EU i think thats just the way it works.
    Here is an example for a search with no ping cap it does not find any serers above 100ping.
    So it will be kinda hard to find new EU players and most players would not mainly choose a server that they have 80-100+ ping on wich i would say most eu players have on our server

see server not found no ping cap and searched as long as you can

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    The server not showing up I would think would be a CS:GO issue, we haven't done anything different to our server to make them not show up on server lists.

Administrative Officer
    Donations:
    $55.00
    The only public autojump plugin that we could find make it so you don't have a limit on the velocity you can reach rather than jumping back up with the same velocity. Don't think having a plugin like that would go well on MG, especially if people disliked it on Surf DM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List