Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZE_EvenRandomer

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00

ZE_EvenRandomer

So I tried and failed to get ZE_Random ported over nicely in CSS. Instead I decided to just make an entirely new one.

Terrible Idea? Yes

Will it probably work out well? No

Do I want your help somehow? Yes

Suffice to say, making 9 mini game modes and a final boss is beyond my skill, and my desire of time to put into this. I was rather hoping the people of SG could come together and create 1-2 maps depending on how many are in. I can then combine them together with the randomisation stuff and hopefully get a good map out of it in the end ^^.

So if interested just post in here, maybe with an idea for a map etc. and we can go from there.

So far I've made Frogger and "Borrowed" the original starting zone from ZE_random.
    Last edited by Bdcoll; 23 Jan 2015 at 03:14pm.

2. Thanked by 4 users:
    Korean Ninja (10 Feb 2015), Prez (23 Jan 2015), Punky (23 Jan 2015), vorter (14 Feb 2015)

SG Regular
    I can give you boss fight if you really want it.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    I can help in any way you need, though I'm still a little rusty with SDK hah

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $5.00
    If ya want a part of ze_2012 let me know

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    I might be able to help somehow, I do have a bit of experience with hammer.

How about posting development updates in this thread so everyone can contribute along the way?

Spoiler

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Well its been a little while hasn't it.

I'm still working on the map, albeit slowly as my desire to continue mapping ebbs and flows.

That being said, I have 1 level completed, 1 awaiting lighting, 1 to put the finishing touches on. In addition Punky is working on a level for the map, and RelaxingWalls gave me permission to use parts of Random in the map as well :D

So thats 4 levels for sure. Probably "Classic" from the original Random (Unless people specifically want a different level. To make a total of 5 so far.

If people are wanting to help contribute just say and I can talk to you about making your own levels to bring into the map :D

SG Regular
    So you want the bossfight or nah?

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Ah, forgot about those earlier messages.

If you understand them already/have one ready Darnias, then please go ahead :D

If other people want to make one of the levels, then thats great. Dosent really matter about your experience etc. The maps going to be pretty terrible anyways

Just message me your ideas via PM so I can make sure we dont already have one in the map/others arent doing it.

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    So I hear you guys like progress reports. So instead you get an image.

hOrizc8.jpg

This is the SIEGE level selection. Essentially a 2 minute long Helms Deep map. Humans will try to hold the walls against Ladder and Battering Ram attack. If that fails humans will have 3 fall back locations to retreat to. These are "The Tower", "The Great Hall" and "Storage".

Hopefully it should encourage a lot of good gameplay :D
    Last edited by Bdcoll; 10 Feb 2015 at 06:34am.

11. Thanked by 4 users:
    Korean Ninja (10 Feb 2015), Punky (10 Feb 2015), Rilex (10 Feb 2015), vorter (14 Feb 2015)

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    So a little status update.

Still got a fair bit to do on siege HOWEVER i cracked the Ladders to work like those on Helms Deep which was the real major issue. Now for Dynamic skybox changing, some lighting and its good to go.

Deathrun : Finished. I dislike it though, might end up taking the one from original Ze_Random

Frogger : Done. Might add additional logs so humans dont have a hold in the middle of running.

Pyramid Defence : Helicopter problems fixed, you now stay inside of it. Lightning will be redone when I have dynamic skybox working.

Levels from Ze_Random : I will probably be taking the "Classic" level from Ze_random. It probably has the least problems with texturing, just needs me to replace the cargo containers.

Punky is working on a holding level where you progress through having different levels of weapons. No idea how this is going to work out though.

Darnias is working on the boss fight. I actually have no idea what this even looks like right now :P, but should be fun to see when its done, and might make this terrible map look somewhat good :D

The randomization works, and seems to do it pretty well :D, I thought that would be a huge problem, but no

I intend to have a working build of the first 4 levels by the end of the weekend, so that I can get some initial feedback from people. ( I also said this a fortnight ago -_- )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List