5 25.00%
  • No

15 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00

TTT Karma system

Taking poll about changing the way the Karma system in TTT works.

Currently, you gain and lose karma based on killing Innocents/Detectives/Traitors. This won't change, however, at the end of the map the Karma is reset.

We can change it so that Karma is kept and then implement a "Max Karma" system giving players something on the side to work towards as they play the game. Also, ultimately, higher Karma = Better at TTT you are since you lose it based on hitting/killing teammates and gain it for doing what you're supposed to.

There will be ratios to make it harder to gain karma the higher you get and easier to gain the lower you are. Also if you constantly make mistakes/are secretly an RDMer, your low karma will stay with you every map.

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Z3r0 M4ni4c (12 Jan 2015)

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00

TTT Karma system

Love this idea. I get what Nuclear is saying with the RDMer thing but i think if it is balanced correctly then it should not be a problem. It might even let you RDM late at night when you're bored more if you build it up by playing correctly which is ultimately we want, right?
    As for Potatoes concerns for it being too custom I really don't think this is not a noticeable change for newcomers or for people who only play on the server once in a while. I think its something that after playing there for a little bit you will appreciate it because it rewards you for sticking with that community and playing correctly. Karma damage reduction has always been negligible unless you have killed like three teammates in one round. I think this would keep your karma from being shit the rest of that map because it will have already been high enough to compensate, but if you just joined the server/have a history of rdming it will keep you where you should be.
    Last edited by Squid; 11 Jan 2015 at 10:34pm.

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00
    Damnit. How am I gonna prop kill bork and potatoes every round now!?!

I like it but that also somewhat means I can't fuck around as often as I do.

ALSO saying "better karma" doesn't often say "better at ttt." What if I had to kill a few rdmers that I assumed were ts based on the fact that your first reaction would be "Oh, I'm being attacked by a T" then you find out "well shit, he's a fucking rdmer, there goes my karma." (That is unless an ao+ were to reset it)
    Last edited by Nuclear Onion; 11 Jan 2015 at 10:18pm.

5. Thanked by 2 users:
    Extreme Potatoes (11 Jan 2015), Zorg (11 Jan 2015)

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Taking poll about changing the way the Karma system in TTT works.

Currently, you gain and lose karma based on killing Innocents/Detectives/Traitors. This won't change, however, at the end of the map the Karma is reset.

We can change it so that Karma is kept and then implement a "Max Karma" system giving players something on the side to work towards as they play the game. Also, ultimately, higher Karma = Better at TTT you are since you lose it based on hitting/killing teammates and gain it for doing what you're supposed to.

There will be ratios to make it harder to gain karma the higher you get and easier to gain the lower you are. Also if you constantly make mistakes/are secretly an RDMer, your low karma will stay with you every map.
    Personally, I like the karma system on TTT as it is. As much as I love playing the game seriously, when it's late at night and no one is on, it usually turns into me and a few of the regulars prop fighting each other (with consent of course). It sounds cool and I'm all for changing a few things on TTT, but this isn't one of them.

Also, I feel like this would just turn the game mode into being a competitive one, which is why I play TTT more than I play CS:S/CS:GO scrim. I like the idea of everyone starting off at the same amount of karma each map, because then each map, everyone has a clean slate. Also, what about people who are still getting into the hang of the game? They might commit a few RDMs or accidental kills and then have to deal with the lower karma than someone who's had more time on the game.

I feel like this is going beyond what actually should be done with the server. I am all for adding/removing maps and adding a new map voting system. I feel that this is sort of pushing itself to becoming a Custom TTT server. I appreciate all the work you did with the Custom TTT server XeNo, but people tend to search for the vanilla servers because they aren't that common and the reason it died out was because the TTT regulars didn't want to make the switch to Custom, most preferred Vanilla. Sure there are servers that have 24/7 Minecraft and a Pointshop, but most of the vanilla or almost vanilla servers are usually the ones that are top ranked and constantly filled with people.
    Last edited by Extreme Potatoes; 11 Jan 2015 at 10:24pm.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

7. Thanked by 3 users:
    capp'n (12 Jan 2015), Neptune (12 Jan 2015), Nuclear Onion (11 Jan 2015)

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Prop killing doesn't affect your karma...?

Do you guys even play TTT?

When you prop kill it counts as world killing said player.

Edit:
    Addressing the rest of your post:
    -This isn't a custom TTT plugin, it's literally a part of TTT gamemode that you can have karma reset or not. It's nothing to be added on.

-Karma is easier to gain the lower it is, so if you go below 1000 for example, it is easier to gain karma at that level than it is to gain at like, say, 3000+ karma. So new players are relatively unaffected by this unless they literally just RDM someone every single round. Even then, they would gain the Karma back by playing correctly.

The current system goes against exactly what half your post is arguing. It gives people who RDM or don't know how to play the game no scale of reference to how well they are actually preforming. Every new map it resets and they're the same as everyone else. If they have a reference (Say seeing a regular with 3000+ karma) they would know that they are not playing the game correctly if their Karma is 800. Not to mention it is going to be just as easy to get out of 800 karma as it is now, so using that as a reason why not to change it is pretty bad reason.
    Last edited by XeNo; 11 Jan 2015 at 10:39pm.

9. Thanked by 2 users:
    Squid (11 Jan 2015), Z3r0 M4ni4c (12 Jan 2015)

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Prop killing doesn't affect your karma...?

Do you guys even play TTT?

When you prop kill it counts as world killing said player.
    Uh depends, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. For some reason i swear it does.
    Last edited by Extreme Potatoes; 12 Jan 2015 at 02:04pm.

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    ALSO saying "better karma" doesn't often say "better at ttt." What if I had to kill a few rdmers that I assumed were ts based on the fact that your first reaction would be "Oh, I'm being attacked by a T" then you find out "well shit, he's a fucking rdmer, there goes my karma." (That is unless an ao+ were to reset it)
    Assuming you kill traitors more than you "accidentally" rdm rdmers, this is not really true. It would in fact say you're better at the game. Unless you're saying your entire TTT career is just a long string of the only kills you get are on RDMers who turn out to be innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Uh depends, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. For some reason i swear it does.
    Edit:
    I tested and it apparently tracks in damage logs now? I don't know if something changed, or I don't know how to prop kill properly.

Oh well. You still couldn't mess your Karma up that much. Also if your Karma stayed you could always earn it back higher during the times you are playing properly.
    Last edited by XeNo; 11 Jan 2015 at 10:54pm.

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    This just made me think of the time that Virus gave himself like 10000000000000000 hp, and I knifed him as an innocent until he died. And then lost all my karma instantly and got kicked lol.

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    I'm not hell bent on changing the server from what it is. I only look for non-gameplay impacting things to improve it or give it other things for people to work towards in the server.

Also, I suggest that Karma stays and give people something to work towards (A max karma rating) and people say I'm hell bent on changing the server and that it's fine the way it is. Capp'n suggests a loadout where you get guns for free and you guys say great idea even though that's ACTUALLY another addon, AND something a LOT of servers have.

I would rather ask why you guys are shitting on an idea that literally changes nothing about how you play TTT. You can prop kill late at night if you want and earn your karma back later, and more than likely the regs will constantly have 3000+ karma anyways so prop killing a few times won't kill your score? It was just something for people who cared about bragging rights could say they have max karma while not changing anything about how the server is played.

Octa, as far as things like that is concerned, AOs+ can still set your Karma and fix it for you. This is true for any extenuating circumstances where something rare occurs like that.

Edit:
    Removed part towards Nuclear since it appears he takes back what he posted.
    Last edited by XeNo; 11 Jan 2015 at 11:04pm.

14. Thanked by 1 user:
    Prez (12 Jan 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $60.00
    Like the idea!
    And just like you said Xeno its easy to gain more karma when you have a low karma score
    Otherwise just let your Karma reset by Potato
    Last edited by Z3r0 M4ni4c; 12 Jan 2015 at 01:38am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borkupine
    Like a low income woman at Mcdonalds.

Thanks for this memorable quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List