5 25.00%
  • No

15 75.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    Quote Originally Posted by XeNo View Post
    Assuming you kill traitors more than you "accidentally" rdm rdmers, this is not really true. It would in fact say you're better at the game. Unless you're saying your entire TTT career is just a long string of the only kills you get are on RDMers who turn out to be innocent.

Edit:
    I tested and it apparently tracks in damage logs now? I don't know if something changed, or I don't know how to prop kill properly.

Oh well. You still couldn't mess your Karma up that much. Also if your Karma stayed you could always earn it back higher during the times you are playing properly.
    If you whack someone with a prop while you're still holding it, it will appear you did damage in the logs. If you let go of the prop as you swing towards the other player and it flies and kills him, then it will say something/world killed that person.
    Last edited by Extreme Potatoes; 12 Jan 2015 at 05:58am.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    I checked the config setting of TTT and found out there is also bonus karma settings and you can change the penaty of hurting an inno. Maybe we can change the ratio and bonus if we going to keep the karma from everyround.

I am just wondering if people will abuse the system to make their karma high when there is no one. (2 friends get in the game and the inno killing the traitor to gain karma. They could do it for the sake of high karma.) I played css scout knife rpg and this is how we level up because of difficuty of raising level due to high level in the server.

I suggest change the penalty of inno killing inno to minimum and/or the bonus when killing a T (assuming we keep the karma even after map change).

EDIT: Holding prop while killing inno will shows on the damagelog like potato said, unless you launch the prop and hit someone. That will hurt your karma if the penalty is high.(I don't know how much did you set so I just suggesting)
    Last edited by BlackWhite; 12 Jan 2015 at 07:58am.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Potatoes View Post
    If you whack someone with a prop while you're still holding it, it will appear you did damage in the logs. If you let go of the prop as you swing towards the other player and it flies and kills him, then it will say something/world killed that person.
    When I tried it earlier it said I killed Motox when I threw a barrel at him. I guess it has to be thrown a certain distance for that to change?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    I checked the config setting of TTT and found out there is also bonus karma settings and you can change the penaty of hurting an inno. Maybe we can change the ratio and bonus if we going to keep the karma from everyround.

I am just wondering if people will abuse the system to make their karma high when there is no one. (2 friends get in the game and the inno killing the traitor to gain karma. They could do it for the sake of high karma.) I played css scout knife rpg and this is how we level up because of difficuty of raising level due to high level in the server.

I suggest change the penalty of inno killing inno to minimum and/or the bonus when killing a T (assuming we keep the karma even after map change).

EDIT: Holding prop while killing inno will shows on the damagelog like potato said, unless you launch the prop and hit someone. That will hurt your karma if the penalty is high.(I don't know how much did you set so I just suggesting)
    Having two people in the server helps population. You don't really get anything for having higher karma so there's not really anything to abuse.

Also, those are the ratios I was talking about. They would need some tweaking, yes.

SG Professional
    There will be ratios to make it harder to gain karma the higher you get and easier to gain the lower you are. Also if you constantly make mistakes/are secretly an RDMer, your low karma will stay with you every map.
    shit. im screwed.
    Last edited by BoA; 12 Jan 2015 at 04:14pm.

5. Thanked by 1 user:
    Nuclear Onion (15 Jan 2015)

SG Addict

TTT Karma system

When I tried it earlier it said I killed Motox when I threw a barrel at him. I guess it has to be thrown a certain distance for that to change?

Having two people in the server helps population. You don't really get anything for having higher karma so there's not really anything to abuse.

Also, those are the ratios I was talking about. They would need some tweaking, yes.
    i thought i always saw having higher/lower karma gives and takes damage boosts..?

say for instance i prop fight taters motox and you and end up killing all of you and it impacts my karma, i always thought i saw "your karma is low, until you hit 900+ your damage will be reduced by x%" unless thats some other TTT server ive played on. Do correct me if im completely wrong.

But question. If multiple rdmers join and i kill them and my karma drops, would an AO+ be allowed to restore my karma to compensate for the swift justice against the bastards? If this was allowed then i feel like this system could be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    i thought i always saw having higher/lower karma gives and takes damage boosts..?

say for instance i prop fight taters motox and you and end up killing all of you and it impacts my karma, i always thought i saw "your karma is low, until you hit 900+ your damage will be reduced by x%" unless thats some other TTT server ive played on. Do correct me if im completely wrong.

But question. If multiple rdmers join and i kill them and my karma drops, would an AO+ be allowed to restore my karma to compensate for the swift justice against the bastards? If this was allowed then i feel like this system could be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karma does not give you damage boosts, it can only reduce your damage for having low karma. This new karma system would actually help your karma stay up when there are rdmer's on, as long as you werent dicking around before and are already low. I'm sure if that did happen and it was a noticeable drop in your karma an AO+ would restore it, but if the ratios are correct and the system works 1-3 teamkills should not effect you that much if you have already accumulated some karma.

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Never got the Karma system at all anyways, randies that RDM get kicked/banned, but when an admin or regular does it, nothing happens o.o

Banned

Donations:
    $85.00

TTT Karma system

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Never got the Karma system at all anyways, randies that RDM get kicked/banned, but when an admin or regular does it, nothing happens o.o
    I don't understand where you're going here. Usually when admins/regulars rdm it is either in one of two scenarios:

-they are fucking around with friends and there is no need to punish.
    OR
    -they slay themselves or get slayed/kicked right after they fucked up (at least that's what I do)

When randies rdm, it's either to break the rules/troll or they just aren't in understanding of the rules. It isn't a bias, don't make it look that way.

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Squid (15 Jan 2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List