Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Better Call Saul
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Also you can just make it so you can donate straight through the community, and then you can easily see who donated that month and they automatically be entered into the raffle. Making the donation minimum be like $2.50 (same as a key). Also taking in donations from steam as in keys or maybe even expensive weapons to give away. Maybe some new forum tab for raffles would be nice if you guys committed to doing some raffles.

Edit: Maybe you could purchase raffle entries too, making it pretty annoying, but would probably let more money flow in if people could have more entries.
    Last edited by Neptune; 11 Jan 2015 at 03:45pm.

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    repeating myself here, requiring people to stick around for an excessive time to partake in a contest is dumb, and honestly shouldn't happen. You can't force post count for reward, we saw that very clearly with the tiered regular ranks. The idea of any giveaway like this is direct advertisement for our site, that's it. We're not going to use any giveaway to stimulate posting on the forums, however if that is something that comes out of the giveaway than all the better. You say set requirements too high and people won't bother? 50 posts is too high. Demanding any posts or time spent is too high.

Bottom line here, there are a thousands of these giveaways all over the internet, and that's just for CSGO. Its either for quick money or quick advertising, anything beyond that is truly asking for too much and people will just ignore you. Cappn's idea is really great, it provides quick money and advertising, and in the long run will make it easier to keep running these events or similar CSGO events over and over.

That is how you keep people here, offer something that we can actually afford to keep doing. I will talk to some other people about Cappn's idea, see how realistic it is for us to run it.

Also the value of the skin does matter a lot, everyone knows the big name skins, and the big name skins cost more money. You have a twitch channel saying "giving away vulcan/m4 cyrex/assimov anything" and your channel and whatever you're advertising fucking explodes.
    I was just replying to the topic, then twisting the idea as i got responses. I in no way said this is how it should be done! And i dont see how rewarding those who stick around like with the regular rank is a bad thing! If you didnt read my earlier posts, i never wanted to have any requirements to enter the giveaway, i was just throwing ball over the idea because someone mentioned it!

And no, it doesnt matter what the value of the skin is, if its free people will want it! Ofc the more value the more people will come!

Cappns suggestion isnt bad! And should definitely be discussed further!

We can always separate the giveaways, cheaper skins below a certain amount can be free for all to enter, and cappas idea where people enter with keys or money for the more valuable skins like asiimov and vulcan.
    Last edited by floffypus; 11 Jan 2015 at 04:28pm.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $15.00
    Quote Originally Posted by floffypus View Post
    We can always separate the giveaways, cheaper skins below a certain amount can be free for all to enter, and cappas idea where people enter with keys or money for the more valuable skins like asiimov and vulcan.
    This exactly. Although this can be used to make money I was leaning towards more populating the community as I don't know the financial situation of SG. But the idea of both you get both worlds. The inviting sound of the word "free" and the inviting sound of expensive skins.

(Just like twitch has follower giveaways (free) and subscriber giveaways both done on most top channels)

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Okay, so lets see how this could work out. Ive got like 7-8 skins that i could give away. These are not "great" skins or anything but hey, its free :P

If i could get a PM from everyone who have a skin(s) they would like to donate for a skin giveaway i can see how many skins we have so we can get this started. If you want to include the skin name too that would be nice.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List