Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Technical Administrator
    Donations:
    $3936.00
    ;_:

For the sake of this rule somehow being pedantic, I'll follow suit:

- Any area that is not normally accessible in the map via walking / running / a teleporter / traitor button and/or just generally inaccessible through conventional means is not allowed. This specifically relates to areas where you are physically unable to be seen or touched (bullet damage).

- Anything that requires some form of glitching prior or post to the spot you are wanting to get to is still considered against the rules. E.G. If you're on a roof and jump off the side of the map or something, then get to a spot you can be seen / killed but otherwise still inaccessible, is STILL NOT allowed.

- Surfing around for fun using props is something admins should look at and use their best judgment. How I would see it is if the person is flying up and down on a prop, not gaining an advantage with it or generally causing some grief, I will let it slide since it's not mine or anyone elses problem. However if the prop is used to fly around the map, slow or fast, then it's not allowed. Biggest example I see of this is the wheel prop on roy the ship.

- In addition to this, anyone using a prop to just 'hover' or generally keep out of reach of people is considered an inaccessible area and not allowed.

- Killing afks as an innocent is not allowed. It should be in the MOTD, hence why it's on the loading page...

TL;DR, your spot on rooftops is inaccessible unless you prop surf and is therefore against the rules. Rule #5 does state this in a much more simplified manner.

EDIT: BTW ... if you really don't consider prop surfing a form of glitching, I'm pretty baffled. It's something not even intended to happen at the core level of gmod, so why it would be allowed at all is something you can't really argue with. I only let it happen sometimes as stated before, is if it's just people messing about flying up and down or whatever having fun (like with crowbar fights).
    Last edited by Spartan; 8 Jan 2015 at 07:11pm.

2. Thanked by 11 users:
    BlackWhite (8 Jan 2015), Dirk (8 Jan 2015), Elemental (19 Jan 2015), Extreme Potatoes (8 Jan 2015), Fonzi (29 Jan 2015), Mandeemoo007 (8 Jan 2015), Nuclear Onion (8 Jan 2015), Prez (8 Jan 2015), R3TROATTACK (8 Jan 2015), Squid (8 Jan 2015), Z3r0 M4ni4c (9 Jan 2015)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

User Tag List