Banned

Donations:
    $25.00

Need Some Changes

1.We need a prop whitelist. I was just on the server and I was able to spawn giant trains and stuff that no one should be able to spawn. I was also able to spawn fake weapons/armor which again just complicates things. I wasn't able to spawn the basic door thing with bars on it too, which makes no sense. Having a prop whitelist will correct all of these things.

2.Simplify the guns and the printers. We have like 8 different weapons with 8 different types of ammo. Why not have something like 6 guns, varying in price of course, with only 3 maximum types of ammo. I've played on one of the most populated dark rp server for like 2 years now and I still sometimes mess up what ammo to buy for a specific weapon on that server, and they only have 4 different types of ammo. Imagine what new players on our server must feel like with 8. As for the printers, why not just have a maximum of spawning 3-4 printers (only one type of printer) that you can upgrade instead of having 7 different types of printers. That way if you raid someones base you get a sense of reward rather than, "oh he just has the lowest types of printers, what a waste of time."

3. Some of these classes are so useless. Like the gun dealer for the police department, why not just allow cops to buy their own guns that they can't drop/give other players or make them spawn with some guns. Also, why don't you remove the batman cop type class, it just seems pointless. Just having one cop class or maybe having 2-3 cop classes but with different functions would be better (maybe a sharpshooter, fast cop, and a tank cop or something like that)

4. Reduce the NLR timer. If I get raided and I have to wait 5 minutes before I go back, what is the point of me even going back to the base? Even with 3 minutes on the other server I play on when I go back to my base it is usually completely destroyed/looted. 5 minutes is way toooooo long. 2-3 minutes would be good, 4 would be the very maximum.

5.Have some type of donation system for credit rewards on the server. So if you donate 20 dollars to the steam gamers community you get x amount of credits. You could spend these credits on something like always spawning with a pistol or always spawning with a knife. Or maybe allowing players 1-2 bonus classes if they donate. The possibilities on this one are limitless and would give a reason to donate to the SteamGamers community.

6.Remove the xmas themed map. This is just a personal opinion but I hate it. Just use the default downtown map.

7.I'm not sure if this is already on there but we need orgs/gangs. This would allow people to base together or even go into more role play scenarios where you could have a rival gang that you always try to raid or screw over.

8.Weekly printer events. Something like every friday printers spawn double the cash or just something like that. This will bring more people into the server.
    Last edited by Domino's Delivery; 20 Dec 2014 at 07:05pm. Reason: added some stuff

2. Thanked by 1 user:
    Prez (20 Dec 2014)

I just want to go
    1.There's already some props that are blacklisted on the server, but I guess an AO+ can go in there and start blacklisting the big ass props that are not even needed.
    2.Reason we have the different ammo boxes is because of the M9K workshop content we have. I doubt we'd remove any of that. We have a limit for printers as well (I think the limit is 2 for each printer)
    3.Many darkrp servers have "useless" classes to bring in people and the batman is a supporter perk.I think that the gun dealer should be the only one who could buy guns
    4.NLR 5 minutes is the default in most servers, so we like to keep it that way.
    5.I had posted about this in my suggestion thread earlier about making a seperate donation box for DarkRP money/credits.
    "i dont need to speak spanish, i need to get pussy" -wertles

I'm in first class but I feel like coach

4. Thanked by 2 users:
    Fonzi (22 Dec 2014), Prez (20 Dec 2014)

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino's Delivery View Post
    1.We need a prop whitelist. I was just on the server and I was able to spawn giant trains and stuff that no one should be able to spawn. I was also able to spawn fake weapons/armor which again just complicates things. I wasn't able to spawn the basic door thing with bars on it too, which makes no sense. Having a prop whitelist will correct all of these things.

A prop blacklist would be better because then someone can just ban the props that should be banned, whereas with a whitelist, you would have unban all of the props that you want allowed. With a whitelist that would be a lot more work for no reason.

2.Simplify the guns and the printers. We have like 8 different weapons with 8 different types of ammo. Why not have something like 6 guns, varying in price of course, with only 3 maximum types of ammo. I've played on one of the most populated dark rp server for like 2 years now and I still sometimes mess up what ammo to buy for a specific weapon on that server, and they only have 4 different types of ammo. Imagine what new players on our server must feel like with 8. As for the printers, why not just have a maximum of spawning 3-4 printers (only one type of printer) that you can upgrade instead of having 7 different types of printers. That way if you raid someones base you get a sense of reward rather than, "oh he just has the lowest types of printers, what a waste of time."

The printers are fine how they are, I've been on servers where they have plug-ins that allow you to buy printers and upgrade them and it seems dumb. If you bought 7 printers, you can upgrade them all to the max level printer, whereas the way we have printers on our server, you can only have 2 of each kind.

3. Some of these classes are so useless. Like the gun dealer for the police department, why not just allow cops to buy their own guns or make them spawn with some guns. Also, why don't you remove the batman cop type class, it just seems pointless. Just having one cop class or maybe having 2-3 cop classes but with different functions would be better (maybe a sharpshooter, fast cop, and a tank cop or something like that)

I agree, there are a few useless jobs that I believe we still have such as PC Technician and Batman.

4. Reduce the NLR timer. If I get raided and I have to wait 5 minutes before I go back, what is the point of me even going back to the base? Even with 3 minutes on the other server I play on when I go back to my base it is usually completely destroyed/looted. 5 minutes is way toooooo long. 2-3 minutes would be good, 4 would be the very maximum.

The default time for NLR is 5 minutes and to be honest, it should stay that way. A simple solution to your problem is to make your base harder to raid. Remember though, your base still has to be raidable and follow the other rules about making bases.

5.Have some type of donation system for credit rewards on the server. So if you donate 20 dollars to the steam gamers community you get x amount of credits. You could spend these credits on something like always spawning with a pistol or always spawning with a knife. Or maybe allowing players 1-2 bonus classes if they donate. The possibilities on this one are limitless and would give a reason to donate to the SteamGamers community.

I had suggested this a while back for Custom TTT and I somewhat agree. Instead of having a credit system, we should have a thread in the DarkRP section that shows you how much in-game money you will get for each dollar you've donated.

6.Remove the xmas themed map. This is just a personal opinion but I hate it. Just use the default downtown map.

It's the Christmas season! I agree that rp_downtown_v4c_v2 is a lot better, but for now I'd like to see the Christmas map stay on for a bit longer.

7.I'm not sure if this is already on there but we need orgs/gangs. This allowed people to base together or even go into more role play scenarios where you could have a rival gang that you always try to raid or screw over.

I like the idea of only having one group of gangsters and one group of mafia members. If we increase the amount of gangs people can make, then I'm positive that on our server, it will be filled with mostly gang members or mafia members. Then other job groups such as the Police or Army will be left out.

8.Weekly printer events. Something like every friday printers spawn double the cash or just something like that. This will bring more people into the server.

???
    ^
    Last edited by Extreme Potatoes; 22 Dec 2014 at 10:48am.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Prez (20 Dec 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Potatoes and Cappn pretty much said what my thoughts were on your q's. The big things that I'll look into getting done are:

- going over items to blacklist so we don't have problems with trains and shit pop up when they shouldn't
    - going over the job role list to remove useless jobs
    - looking into some sort of credit or rewards system for the server
    - a possible reorganization of the gang/mafia system to make it simpler and better

For the events, I said in the community meeting that having them would definitely benefit the server. For the printer events Ill talk to Nishok/AOs who are in charge or willing to help with RP and see what we can do. For all the points above as well, Nishok is the main person in charge of the server so I'll have to meet up with him sometime to figure things out.

Whatever ends up happening it'll be all posted in this section so everyone knows what's going on. If you have any more suggestions feel free to post 'em!

SG Player
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Most important change the server needs is a change for that map, like god damn it just feels like a desolate wasteland.

only Christmas themed map that should be on there is rp_christmastown bb

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    capp'n (21 Dec 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Nishok has addressed many of these things already and he said when he had time he'll get to it. Considering he's really the one who takes care of all the coding for this server just be patient for now and Thanks for all the suggestions

11. Thanked by 1 user:
    Prez (22 Dec 2014)

* SG Minecraft Team Leader *
    Donations:
    $13.00
    Upcoming Sunday and Monday I will have time to work on some of the suggestions.

13. Thanked by 3 users:
    Domino's Delivery (23 Dec 2014), Extreme Potatoes (22 Dec 2014), Prez (22 Dec 2014)

User Tag List