Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00

New virus going around?

So, lately I've noticed random people from my friends list that I trust sending me the following:

Q bro. check what item droped me in game [scam link]
    Pretty sure once you click this link, you'll be sending this to your friends list yourself, and I highly advise noone to click on these links.
    It seems like a picture on gyazo.com, but if you look closely, it's gyazyo, not gyazo.
    Last edited by Pan32; 30 Nov 2014 at 02:40pm. Reason: Removed link for security reasons

* Have a baby with me!
    Donations:
    $35.00
    Ive been sendt a couple of those. I was stupid enough to click on one of them, and i started downloading a file, which was supposed to be a screenshot file. But i had to install it so i just deleted it. Pretty sure these files are the ones that trades all your steam items over to the scammers profile.

I think as long as you dont install it the file is harmless, but double checking the addresses is a good thing to keep in mind!

The file i received was named FN_BFKNIFE.scr or something, camouflaged as a screenshit file which i could open or install. So look out for .scr files and never open one! XD
    Last edited by floffypus; 1 Dec 2014 at 05:57pm.

YOU CAN VOTE ONCE EVERY 24 HOUR!

Subscriber
    Donations:
    $92.00
    ive had so many different people wanting to trade my awp asiimow by showing a link i lost count. main thing is. i block everyone i dont trust opening a chat by saying ''i want to trade'' ''check out my items'' or giving me a link. and i suggest people to do the same. when it comes to links, i report them as well, you never know right?

yes i was also stupid enough to click the first one, AND ofcourse i got a file that installed itself. this mid game of cod, wich also resulted in a fucking vac ban (mw3, no big loss). luckily my virusprogram eventually isolated that shit because some Adbrowser shit, and a huge struggle to remove it. c:

i think im safe

Wofe
    Donations:
    $30.00
    Never liked when someone asked to trade ;/ Either because I basically know shit about trading, usually people start whining "BUT WHY"; "COME ON" and also had a chance to see people trying to scam me (Like I had something really valuable).

SG Addict
    You can download as many viruses as you want and you're safe as long as you don't double click the file and execute it. (I obviously don't recommend downloading any viruses/fishy files in the first place, but this is just a fyi)

More than likely the person downloaded the file and figured it was a picture and tried to open it and that's how it happened.

sikk_noscope.png.exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    Lil Escape, From July 08 - Dec 08 was the shit. All I remember was massive aliens on ATIX_Helicopter and Alpha Squad tearing the shit out of unsuspecting newfags.
    Alpha Squad
    Never forget.

SG Addict
    I got it mutiple times and luckily didn't open the download or I would have been screwed, thanks for telling the community though.
    【=◈︿◈=】

SG Addict

New virus going around?

I got one from ginger who apparently got one from milkman.

advice: if someone sends you a link through steam or anywhere, ask what it is. Especially on steam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by floffypus View Post
    Ive been sendt a couple of those. I was stupid enough to click on one of them, and i started downloading a file, which was supposed to be a screenshot file. But i had to install it so i just deleted it. Pretty sure these files are the ones that trades all your steam items over to the scammers profile.

I think as long as you dont install it the file is harmless, but double checking the addresses is a good thing to keep in mind!

The file i received was named FN_BFKNIFE.scr or something, camouflaged as a screenshit file which i could open or install. So look out for .scr files and never open one! XD
    I got one today, which was a good one, the domain was picturupload....its not a screenshot, its a screensaver file that probably is disguised as something else. These guys are getting pretty clever.

r00d b*****
    Chrome users should really care.

Spoiler

JeanBaptiste Emanuel Zorg
    Donations:
    $120.00
    Yeah... Spyder got this correctly.... Milkman is the main one on steam that has been spreading it to everyone on SG just be careful.... If you were really smart you would see the difference between the links.... Duh..

gyazyo.com/Image_35127 ( FAKE LINK DO NOT FREAKING CLICK IT)
    vs.
    http://gyazo.com/659b4c2f089bd8463fc1d9a9889c06eb (Real Link)
    Fly You Fool.
    Le xd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List