Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00

What I've been spending most of my time the past week..

Later today 5 P.M. Eastern I get to show off what myself and my co-workers have been working on for the past month.

Some background, I work at a local news station as a director. My job is pretty much put the show on the air and make sure it goes off with out a hitch. This job used to entail a lot of button pushing and crazyness. Now we've automated a ton of the process, so its easier for 1 person to do it all instead of needing a team of 5-6 people. My station is going through a bit of a transition where we've redesigned the set and brought in a new graphical look. The past month we've been using a small room to do our newscasts in while we deconstructed the old set and constructed the new one. Since Sunday, I've put in 10+ hours a day to get ready for the transition. From helping with the lighting, to assembling the desk, to fill in anchor to help test new shots, to rebuild about 400 different codes we use to put stuff on the air with. My hour total up to tonight is 48, tomorrow I'll have another 12 hour day putting me close to 60 hours to get this prepped.

So if you guys have nothing better to do, I invite you to watch me debut the new set and graphics at 5 P.M. Eastern today. Wait I don't live where your station broadcasts, you say. Don't worry we live stream our shows. Click here to watch. If you go before 5 P.M. you will be watching an old show or our morning show, but once we go live at 5 it will be there.

I am really proud of the work myself and my co-workers have done and if theres some interest in it, later on I can go over more of what we did and how my job works. But for now its bed time, got to get up in 8 hours to go back in there.

2. Thanked by 5 users:
    Bethy (31 Oct 2014), Elemental (30 Oct 2014), Prez (30 Oct 2014), Punky (30 Oct 2014), xDoodles (30 Oct 2014)

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00

For those whom missed it this is a short video of the set, I'm in it a few times, don't turn me into the new Haggard pls.

I can has cool title?
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Are you Rick or Amid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    if you guys did pyro wouldn't have made that comment about me being Canadian.

Board of Directors
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Are you Rick or Amid?
    Neither, I was not interviewed, thankfully. I almost was. I've seen more photos/videos of myself today than I have in a long time. I share later.

I can has cool title?
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    Neither, I was not interviewed, thankfully. I almost was. I've seen more photos/videos of myself today than I have in a long time. I share later.
    Share noa!

Board of Directors
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    Share noa!
    Haha I am still at work then I got to finish packing my kitchen to move tomorrow (well today). It may be posted some time tomorrow.

Board of Directors
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Last edited by SpikedRocker; 31 Oct 2014 at 12:36am.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    It's a lie, he's the girl narrating the video!

10. Thanked by 4 users:
    BoM (31 Oct 2014), Korean Ninja (31 Oct 2014), Malibu (31 Oct 2014), xDoodles (31 Oct 2014)

I can has cool title?
    Donations:
    $20.00
    You're the camera guy!

Noodles <3
    Dam you cute.

13. Thanked by 1 user:
    SpikedRocker (31 Oct 2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List