Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Noodles <3

SG in-house competitive matches

I think we should have a tournament for SG people for League of Legends. Back in the days a lot of higher ups that are now retired and some supporters/members we would play League of Legends together. We also even had a tournament back in the day with prizes. I honestly think we should do something like that again or maybe with a different game just to bring the community together and have fun!

Banned

The fundamental issues I can see with hosting a league tournament are these:

- Playerbase is distributed across NA and EU
    - Correlating with above we have few players; probably a bit lower than 20 optimally. Either the tournament would be extremely small or include outside talent. If it included outside talent we'd see the same issue that raised notable hue and cry last time this idea was proposed, upper tier players with high ranked friends versus the more casual players.
    - Scheduling is fucked because timezones so unless this tournament was done on a weekend it'd be hard to coordinate.
    - 90% of our players are shit.
    - 2 A.M. no coffee in sight.

r00d b*****
    I'd participate with my own friends if that's possible. (outside talent around gold-diamond level)
    Edit: I strongly agree with scuba.
    In my opinion a CS GO tournament seems to be easier and we could probably get +20 players.
    Last edited by Malibu; 14 Oct 2014 at 06:02am.

Spoiler

Better Call Saul
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Some points from the 3v3 we had a while back which could better the next tournament,

• We can't have changing of teams (trading, dropping, picking up...etc) unless it is monitored with some sort of rule like 1 trade per team for example.
    • Need someone to have an account on sg, or something along those lines, for at least a certain amount of time (2 months seems reasonable)
    • We can have 2 ways of making teams:
      -crappy way, completely random assigned teams
      -better way, people can volunteer to be a captain, we get an event going in teamspeak where we draft players and it becomes fair (maybe some people listing ranks as in cs:go and league if the captains are unaware of their standings or may not know them
    • People must be held responsible (as in some sort of penalty for their team or what not) if they drop out of the event. (with certain exceptions of course, such as personal stuff...etc)
    • Entry price, having a price to enter the tourney which can be used as a prize pool for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (this point goes with the one below as well)
    • Prizes can be done a couple different ways:
      -We can have players donate money, games, steam codes...etc for the prize.
      -Have the entry price thing which may deter a few people because they don't like taking the risk. (if anything it would be low like 5 dollars via paypal)
    • Scheduling needs to be done within a certain time frame or teams will be penalized.

We can get this together guys, but people need to be dedicated, unlike most of the past tourneys (aka soccer & league)
    Last edited by Neptune; 14 Oct 2014 at 02:04pm. Reason: forgot something

Noodles <3
    CSGO is perfectly fine. The previous League of Legends tournament back in the past was choosing your own people for the team, but we had SG people getting randoms as their team mates so idk if that might be a problem again.

Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    One thing that kinda pushed me away from playing league around here was the crazy people who expects too much out of their teammates then rages. Thats fun for no one. Playing casually was fine but when we started playing against each other it got really bad and people got really pissed off.

I also wouldn't mind doing things that aren't as crazy as ARAMs and stuff. It can get a bit stupid with the randoms but thats part of the game. If you try scheduling things at least a week or 2 in advance it does make it easier for more people to show up.

Probably the best thing to do is get a bunch of ideas together and see what people are willing to do. Advertising a thread for voting can help make things easier to decide.

SG Addict

Did somebody say SGSL ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedRocker View Post
    One thing that kinda pushed me away from playing league around here was the crazy people who expects too much out of their teammates then rages. Thats fun for no one. Playing casually was fine but when we started playing against each other it got really bad and people got really pissed off.

I also wouldn't mind doing things that aren't as crazy as ARAMs and stuff. It can get a bit stupid with the randoms but thats part of the game. If you try scheduling things at least a week or 2 in advance it does make it easier for more people to show up.

Probably the best thing to do is get a bunch of ideas together and see what people are willing to do. Advertising a thread for voting can help make things easier to decide.
    Drop by TS3 sometimes, we've got a bunch of vulgar children who absolutely suck and we play ARAMs occasionally.

Better Call Saul
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgubuhdohser View Post
    Drop by TS3 sometimes, we've got a bunch of vulgar children who absolutely suck and we play ARAMs occasionally.
    wow old man, then how did i get this score

Last edited by Neptune; 15 Oct 2014 at 07:08pm.

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Game Freak View Post
    Did somebody say SGSL ?
    Was going to say that, the tornament itself is a disaster. Lots of disappearing people, unfair drafting ortoo unbalance due to people disappear or drop out last momment, scrim regulars are in the same team.

3v3 might work but depending on the skill level, it could be frustrating.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List