Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Board of Directors
    Virginia, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster
    Donations:
    $10.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgubuhdohser View Post
    Drop by TS3 sometimes, we've got a bunch of vulgar children who absolutely suck and we play ARAMs occasionally.
    LOL, well if they are children that may be why you don't see me. I work till Midnight so I'm on overnights mostly. :-P

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhite View Post
    Was going to say that, the tornament itself is a disaster. Lots of disappearing people, unfair drafting ortoo unbalance due to people disappear or drop out last momment, scrim regulars are in the same team.

3v3 might work but depending on the skill level, it could be frustrating.
    tbh that was the fault of the organisers. The SGSL used to be a 'good' league, it had some obvious better teams (Eldest) but it was good fun.
    The problems that plagued the last tournament were:

1) organisers didn't have the time when it happened, shit happened oh well.

2) the idea of 'only 2 good players in a team' was really smart. The problem was that it was badly implemented.
    Partly because the organisers didn't know the exact levels of everybody and generally the scrimregulars got it even though
    some of them weren't good and it added unbalance.
    BUT: in CSGO this is fixed since we now have rankings and we can use them to sort out a system e.g 1 dmg+ , 1 ak+ etc.

3) our community has gotten too casual, this in itself is no issue its the targetted 'audience', but this means we don't have many top players.
    Last time i got in a scrim here was maybe 3 months ago ?

If we look at these problems, the only real problems we'll have is people , and strictness.
    These are all solved by an incentive. This really doesnt have to be money. a special rank will do, something to show of your skill.
    We had these in the last one , but the imbalance made people give up for good reason.

And i think we should allow people outside the community If they follow the imposed team rank limits.
    I'd love to host a tournament, but i'm not in the touch with the community nor do i have the ability to set this up, i'm sure we have some higher ups who are interested in compcsgo.

To end i feel we can get the people together in CSGO, in LOL we have a split base, and if we look at other mobas like Dota2, where i would love to do a tournament for, we don't have the interest. but it could be a good way to learn dota if people want.

SG Addict

Donations:
    $1.00
    We should have an open* tournament. Inhouse-only stuff is what's driving this community into the hole it's been recently.

SG Addict

Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    We should have an open* tournament. Inhouse-only stuff is what's driving this community into the hole it's been recently.
    Not necessarily, SG has always been a community of split groups, they just used to be active together for stuff like this.

And i find it ironic a thread that started as a LoL tournament thread is this inactive. Normally LoL is all the hype.

SG Addict
    I never got my prize winnings cause my team is the only one left.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian556 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleSb View Post
    To be fair, I call everyone a faggot, but I'll digress.
    I love it when he calls me a faggot, tbh. 10/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List