Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SG Addict

Destiny opinions?

So Destiny has been out for a week now, pretty crazy. Personally, I think it's the best game I've ever pre ordered. I've played it nonstop and haven't gotten the slightest bit bored. There are obviously ups and downs, glitches to patch and hackers to ban (yes there are already people hacking in the 360 build.) Overall, I'd say congrats Bungie you made an amazing game!

My cons for this game:
    - Story is very short
    - I get the Grimoire cards are to give backstory but they barely give any on some of the characters, i.e The Stranger
    - Faction ranks take a HUGE amount of XP to rank up and I think the ratio is fairly off balance (The Dead Orbit rank 1 needs 1500XP, you get 10XP for losing a Crucible match, 25XP for winning a Crucible match, 50XP for completing a low bounty, 75XP for completing a medium bounty and 100XP for completing a high bounty.)
    - I get how the Crucible is supposed to be fair but it's a bit ridiculous when I have 1000 armor and a shitlord level 8 can blast me away with his 60dmg shotgun but my Auto Rifle dealing 250dmg in every shot can't kill them
    - Where the Ghost shells at?

My Pros
    - Very fun
    - A couple more strikes could've been created but I won't complain
    - Legendary/Exotic gear looks fucking beautiful (I currently have The Mask of The Third Man for my hunter)
    - Story missions take actual skill to complete
    - Missions when set to hard can be fairly difficult
    - If you're level 20 and you pick up a level 10 engram, the loot will match your level
    - Sparrows/Ships are really cool, i personally love the Phaeton classes
    - Plenty of maps to play on, not like Titanfall where it can be the same map over 8 times
    - Overall game UI is very clean and pristine, very futuristic
    - Raids coming soon along with the Iron Banner (I believe stats will actually count here, no more getting raped by a level 6 fusion rifle)

Your opinions?

P.S I'm honestly so fucking surprised over this. If anyone can recall, there was an Easter egg in Batman Arkham Asylum, one that wasn't discovered until Arkham City was released (about a year later.)

What blows my mind is in HALO 3 ODST, there is a poster on a wall in the first mission that says "Destiny Awaits." And there's a picture of the Traveler. Mind you, this game came out in 2009 and Destiny came out this year. (This could've been added in at any point in time but I still think this is awesome.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Panda

I like kitties.
    Donations:
    $307.00
    Wish I could play bro, wish I could play..

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    Have it for ps4.. It's amazing ;)
    Lvl 20 hunter

Banned

Donations:
    $110.00
    My roommate has it and I've played it a bit. It's pretty good, but nothing earth shattering. A pretty solid, basic halo style shooter. I'm not saying it's not fun, it's just nothing like what I hope some of the upcoming games are like (Shadows of Mordor, DA3). In it's genre, it's probably the best one to come out so far this year, and maybe at all this year

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Great game, got it for PS4. I'm glad they're introducing DLC this early because by Late-October I'll be probably maxed on all classes. Level 16 Warlock, message me if you want to play (stuntman114).

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $29.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    Great game, got it for PS4. I'm glad they're introducing DLC this early because by Late-October I'll be probably maxed on all classes. Level 16 Warlock, message me if you want to play (stuntman114).
    lol weird my steam username is stuntman_hy123

anyways. so far the game is ... alright. the story is sooooooooooooooooo shit. Im just playing missions and i have no clue whats going on cause its so unappealing and has 0 support characters other than the faggot ghost. I really like the open world with how you can interact with other players in missions (those optional missions).
    1 really dumb thing i find tho is that it auto sets everyones fireteam to friends only and it changes back to that everytime you launch the game if you change it ( its nice when a random stranger joins ). Still unsure on how all the vanguard and crucible ranks work.

SG Addict

Destiny opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by sebak View Post
    lol weird my steam username is stuntman_hy123

anyways. so far the game is ... alright. the story is sooooooooooooooooo shit. Im just playing missions and i have no clue whats going on cause its so unappealing and has 0 support characters other than the faggot ghost. I really like the open world with how you can interact with other players in missions (those optional missions).
    1 really dumb thing i find tho is that it auto sets everyones fireteam to friends only and it changes back to that everytime you launch the game if you change it ( its nice when a random stranger joins ). Still unsure on how all the vanguard and crucible ranks work.
    LOL the Ghost is such a fuckin downer.. "Or maybe we'll have trouble and get sucked into a trans-dimensional vortex." I'm still pondering how to get more Ghost shells or if there even are any extra.

Crucible/Vanguard ranks are easy. You play in the Crucible to get Crucible Marks/XP and Strikes and Patrol missions for Vanguard Marks/XP. You unlock emblems at level 1, armor at 2 and weapons at 3.

If you choose a faction, you have to wear the faction class item to gain XP for them. You also can earn XP for factions by doing both Patrol/Strikes and Crucible matches. The fastest way to get to 3 though is by doing bounties. 2500 gets you 25FXP, 3750 gets you 75FXP and 5000 gets you 100FXP.

Mind you though, the XP required for each level is increased by 500 each level. (0-1 is 1500, 1-2 is 2000 and 2-3 is 2500.)

Panda

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    LOL the Ghost is such a fuckin downer.. "Or maybe we'll have trouble and get sucked into a trans-dimensional vortex." I'm still pondering how to get more Ghost shells or if there even are any extra.
    Currently there's only the red shell that comes with the special editions. A.K.A. The limited edition, digital guardian edition, and ghost edition

SG Addict

Destiny opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Motox View Post
    Currently there's only the red shell that comes with the special editions. A.K.A. The limited edition, digital guardian edition, and ghost edition
    I know man it sucks dick. I want a purple one to match my armor.

Also do you know how to get like rare/legendary ships..? I saw some dude with one earlier o_o

get ur Xbox one soon )';

Panda

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $40.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I know man it sucks dick. I want a purple one to match my armor.

Also do you know how to get like rare/legendary ships..? I saw some dude with one earlier o_o

get ur Xbox one soon )';

Might come with the upcoming DLC, so far I think ships only come with classes.
    Also PS Fanboy
    #FreePatsfan2014

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List