Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointshop

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    pointshop for T/D round only is fine. I support for more traitor weapon and other stuff for detective and traitor. Hats is a big nono like others said here. it's ruin the gameplay.

Maybe raise the pointshop higher so they can buy it once or twice only per map.

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

Server Administrator

Donations:
    $95.00
    It should stay the way it currently is, which is; vanilla, and no further additions such as a pointshop should be added to it. Potatoes mentioned some pretty good points as to why we shouldn't have the features that were mentioned by XeNo and I fully agree and acknowledge everything that has been said in his post.

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory."

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $177.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Potatoes View Post
    As much as I see Pointshops on other servers, I don't support having one on our server.

I feel the Pointshop is why Custom TTT died so soon, because people didn't want all of that extra shit, they just want to play regular TTT. Having hats, backpacks, etc is just a nuisance, because people will then be able to recognize who you are, and can call you out with the specific item you equipped. I've seen other servers create rules saying that you aren't allowed to call people out for the items they have on, but it's still a hard rule to enforce. I know I used to do it on our very own Custom TTT server, it's just your first instinct.

Also, the whole system of pre-buying weapons so you don't have to hunt for them, ruins the gameplay too. I can recall multiple times where I, as a T, was able to gain an advantage by quickly knifing or shooting an unarmed innocent. I also recall instances where the same happened to me when I was an innocent. It adds to the gameplay, because it can be kind of exciting on a map like Amsterville. The map is very dark, and when you're in the corner of the map with no one but another person and you can't find a gun, you start to rush in search for a gun or start running the opposite way to avoid the other person. It makes TTT more fun that way, and personally, I think Vanilla TTT should live up to it's name and remain as Vanilla as it can.
    Agree with what potatoes said on this one.

Banned

Donations:
    $445.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Potatoes View Post
    As much as I see Pointshops on other servers, I don't support having one on our server.

I feel the Pointshop is why Custom TTT died so soon, because people didn't want all of that extra shit, they just want to play regular TTT. Having hats, backpacks, etc is just a nuisance, because people will then be able to recognize who you are, and can call you out with the specific item you equipped. I've seen other servers create rules saying that you aren't allowed to call people out for the items they have on, but it's still a hard rule to enforce. I know I used to do it on our very own Custom TTT server, it's just your first instinct.

Also, the whole system of pre-buying weapons so you don't have to hunt for them, ruins the gameplay too. I can recall multiple times where I, as a T, was able to gain an advantage by quickly knifing or shooting an unarmed innocent. I also recall instances where the same happened to me when I was an innocent. It adds to the gameplay, because it can be kind of exciting on a map like Amsterville. The map is very dark, and when you're in the corner of the map with no one but another person and you can't find a gun, you start to rush in search for a gun or start running the opposite way to avoid the other person. It makes TTT more fun that way, and personally, I think Vanilla TTT should live up to it's name and remain as Vanilla as it can.

I have to agree with what Potatoes said I never really liked the custom server because of all the extras.

SG Player
    When I imagine our server having a point shop, I see people jumping around with rainbow trails and astronaut helmets and it disgusts me. I wouldn't stop playing on the server, a nuclear explosion wouldn't stop me from playing on the server, but I would be heavily disgusted.

6. Thanked by 1 user:
    Elemental (1 Sep 2014)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Called Vanilla for a reason. The way I see it changing anything is the only bad option. Lets say you make it so you can buy being a T/D it makes being rdm'd so much more irritating.... (looking at you exrev and gunner) The ability to buy guns will make it harder to find out if everyone has deagles and mac10s. On top of all that at some point with the point system you would have a group of people with tons of points always buying to be a traitor and no one else would ever be it. Which in all honestly is the reason you play to be a traitor and FSU. So I have to say just keep it because it ain't broke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List