Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointshop

Baghdad ass up
    Donations:
    $566.00

Pointshop

I have thought about this off and on for awhile now:

What are your guys thoughts on putting Pointshop on the Vanilla TTT. It wouldn't have models or anything huge like that, just hats. Then we could also put in a system of buying the guns found in vanilla TTT through the Pointshop (So you don't have to rush for the deagles every map) along with ammo. Then we could toy around with the idea of adding more, such as buying traitor/detective rounds.

Thoughts?

SG Addict
    No to hats. The game quickly then becomes "Kill the guy in the sombrero." No bueno.
    If all of us are the traitors? Well, in that case you may as well kiss your ass goodbye. ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Onion View Post
    acception

Quote Originally Posted by BoM
    2. This team gives you no extra power or extensive say in the community. You'll get over it.
    steve27 : when will I get my admin
    supaaa. : never
    *ExRev lols*
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    You're a dipshit and we are currently at our limit for those. When a slot opens up, we'll let you know. Now, please, go tell someone who gives a shit, because we sure don't.

3. Thanked by 1 user:
    ColdWar (6 Sep 2014)

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    As much as TTT relies on headshots I would say hats arent going to go well. They always make it hard to kill people.

Banned

Donations:
    $136.00
    I like the idea of buying T/D and vanilla guns, but hats like exrev and dirk said isn't such a good idea

Handsome and Wealthy
    Donations:
    $570.00
    As much as I see Pointshops on other servers, I don't support having one on our server.

I feel the Pointshop is why Custom TTT died so soon, because people didn't want all of that extra shit, they just want to play regular TTT. Having hats, backpacks, etc is just a nuisance, because people will then be able to recognize who you are, and can call you out with the specific item you equipped. I've seen other servers create rules saying that you aren't allowed to call people out for the items they have on, but it's still a hard rule to enforce. I know I used to do it on our very own Custom TTT server, it's just your first instinct.

Also, the whole system of pre-buying weapons so you don't have to hunt for them, ruins the gameplay too. I can recall multiple times where I, as a T, was able to gain an advantage by quickly knifing or shooting an unarmed innocent. I also recall instances where the same happened to me when I was an innocent. It adds to the gameplay, because it can be kind of exciting on a map like Amsterville. The map is very dark, and when you're in the corner of the map with no one but another person and you can't find a gun, you start to rush in search for a gun or start running the opposite way to avoid the other person. It makes TTT more fun that way, and personally, I think Vanilla TTT should live up to it's name and remain as Vanilla as it can.
    Last edited by Extreme Potatoes; 27 Aug 2014 at 05:03pm.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by TheVirus View Post
    Can we skip the SA bullshit and just make him an AO?

7. Thanked by 2 users:
    ColdWar (6 Sep 2014), Revolution18 (1 Sep 2014)

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    I agree. I love vanilla TTT. I only played on the other TTT server once and didn't really like it. I think the server is great where it's at right now.

Banned

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Potatoes View Post
    As much as I see Pointshops on other servers, I don't support having one on our server.

I feel the Pointshop is why Custom TTT died so soon, because people didn't want all of that extra shit, they just want to play regular TTT. Having hats, backpacks, etc is just a nuisance, because people will then be able to recognize who you are, and can call you out with the specific item you equipped. I've seen other servers create rules saying that you aren't allowed to call people out for the items they have on, but it's still a hard rule to enforce. I know I used to do it on our very own Custom TTT server, it's just your first instinct.

Also, the whole system of pre-buying weapons so you don't have to hunt for them, ruins the gameplay too. I can recall multiple times where I, as a T, was able to gain an advantage by quickly knifing or shooting an unarmed innocent. I also recall instances where the same happened to me when I was an innocent. It adds to the gameplay, because it can be kind of exciting on a map like Amsterville. The map is very dark, and when you're in the corner of the map with no one but another person and you can't find a gun, you start to rush in search for a gun or start running the opposite way to avoid the other person. It makes TTT more fun that way, and personally, I think Vanilla TTT should live up to it's name and remain as Vanilla as it can.
    I have to agree 100% with what Potatoes said.

SG Regular
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Potatoes View Post

Agreed, if only there is an option to disable other player's hats that way you have the freedom to enjoy hats or not. Other than that I don't see a reason why to have a pointshop.

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    I could see adding one or two extra traitor weapons but none of the really crazy ones that change gameplay completely. I sort of liked the turrets.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $155.00
    No hats or weapons in exchange for points imo...
    The only thing we should add is for people to be able to buy a role for next round.

Making it like 200 creds to be traitor next round and 150 to be medic (keeping the balance in mind) would be cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List