SG Player

The Concept of "AFK Freeze"

So typically when cts say afk freeze they would shoot you for moving your mouse around and knifing. The term AFK means "away from keyboard," your mouse is not part of the keyboard and I have a wireless mouse which makes it all the better. Would it be justified to shoot ts that move their mouse around or knife? Or even jump because I have my jump bound to my mouse wheel for bhop purposes. If they wanted us to not move at all then they would say "freeze" and not "afk freeze," or am I mistaken?

BEAGLE
    Donations:
    $55.00
    If a CT states to AFK freeze from my understanding that is a complete freeze and to not move anything at all. They obviously should warning shot and not kill immediately for one infraction. However they can't force you to freeze for a long period of time because otherwise you would get killed by the AFK mover. So technically in my personal opinion (and I believe by the rules) they are allowed to shoot you because it is a legitimate order but they shouldn't kill you right away for it.

Server Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Raventi View Post
    So typically when cts say afk freeze they would shoot you for moving your mouse around and knifing. The term AFK means "away from keyboard," your mouse is not part of the keyboard and I have a wireless mouse which makes it all the better. Would it be justified to shoot ts that move their mouse around or knife? Or even jump because I have my jump bound to my mouse wheel for bhop purposes. If they wanted us to not move at all then they would say "freeze" and not "afk freeze," or am I mistaken?
    I genuinely love your rule-lawyering, keep it up with pretty much any order because I miss that sort of thing. But once the CT has specified that he meant no moving of any kind (an extremely boring and unfun order that kills gameplay like no other, but a legitimate one) then he can warning shot and so-forth (though to kill someone for moving their mouse about is a bit of a dickmove).

SG Addict
    I think by AFK freeze, they could also intend for you to not move at all because when you're usually "away from keyboard", you leave your mouse alone since your typically not at your computer.

[08-06, 13:00] Virdebello: I love you gater
    http://www.justin.tv/carnagegator

Banned

I'm pretty sure "afk" stands for "away from komputer", and I'm pretty sure the mouse if part of your komputer, so gg

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEagle View Post
    If a CT states to AFK freeze from my understanding that is a complete freeze and to not move anything at all. They obviously should warning shot and not kill immediately for one infraction. However they can't force you to freeze for a long period of time because otherwise you would get killed by the AFK mover. So technically in my personal opinion (and I believe by the rules) they are allowed to shoot you because it is a legitimate order but they shouldn't kill you right away for it.
    ^
    ding ding ding
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

The underdog
    Donations:
    $55.00
    CT's order "freeze" meaning you don't move your WSAD but you can move your mouse; "afk freeze" meaning you do not move at all. Like many previous people have posted, it's been like this for at least two years, why now?

Best Steam mod that allows you to have custom background, steamrep and steamdatabase (http://www.enhancedsteam.com/index.php)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $50.00
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEagle View Post
    Definitely this, BlackEagle got it completely.

SG Professional
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    I think by AFK freeze, they could also intend for you to not move at all because when you're usually "away from keyboard", you leave your mouse alone since your typically not at your computer.
    You could have a ghost or pet that likes to move things on you. It's always possible.

10. Thanked by 1 user:
    Elemental (18 Aug 2014)

User Tag List