7 16.67%
  • I'm not an American and I am indifferent

3 7.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Donations:
    $130.00

Israeli / Palestinian Conflict

So I've been thinking about it more and more due to many reasons, but I'd like to hear other opinions to the entire Israeli / Palestinian conflict that seems to have re-ignited. I mean I know its been right before Gurion was put in office in '48 with the first Arab-Israeli war. However with social media and whatnot, I feel like especially our generation has been given an interesting viewpoint at the entire, seemingly self-destructive ordeal.

Anyways, I'd love to hear other viewpoints about the entire thing. I remember seeing this graph awhile back too and wonder (especially the non-Americans in the community) how other people perceive Israel:

Now, another thing I'd like to look at is the accuracy to the data of the positivity of the USA's viewpoint. From what I've seen in the recent engagements, there seems to be an underlying bias and almost censorship:
    Living in other countries during other engagements however has also shown a more sympathetic edge to the Palestinians in Gaza Strip and West Bank.

One of the hardest parts for me as well is the fact that I have handfuls of Israeli friends (almost all of which will be or have already joined the military for mandatory duty) and then a handful of Muslim (not necessarily Palestinian, but the stigma of Antisemitism runs deep in all surrounding Arab nations). Hell, I go on twitter and I'll see back to back tweets, one praising Israel's Defense Ministry and the next advocating a Hamas attack and damning Jews.Needless to say, I'm torn. I see all these Israeli friends fight for a cause their grand-father's fought for. When you trace it back to the roots, the U.N. agreement in 1948 seems to have been a non-factor to Israel though, which makes me believe that Israel is in the wrong. Once the smoke clears, both sides are at fault it seems.

I seriously don't know what I think because my mind is conflicted. On one side, the United States is backing what seems to be a fairly legitimate power and on the other, the entire world is supporting the justice that should've happened 66 years ago. Shit's escalated so much however that now it seems no compromise is in place.
    Just my thoughts on recent events and I'd be interested on hearing yours.

tl;dr
    I am curious to know what your personal opinions about the Israeli / Palestinian Conflict are. How does this vary on the country you live on + do you have any personal relations to the conflict. Compromising ideas?

Banned

fuck the poor, feed them to the hungry

SteelSeries Represent
    Donations:
    $50.00
    The few muslim friends I have on facebook fills my feed with endless talk about how evil the jews are etc etc, but I honestly think they're all dumb. Both sides are being complete retards, fighting a fucking 2000 old war to this day.

wankers all of 'em
    I think that everyone should believe in something; I believe that I'll have another drink.

i am so thirsty for dick that i have to hide them in panda's signature just to keep the cravings down

Banned

Donations:
    $75.00
    Ill be over here supporting the side that doesnt attack civilian population centers unprovoked. The middle east is seriously screwed up.

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $1.00
    The reason that America or "Americans" support Israel is because of their faith. They believe that the state of Israel by Jews is the stepping stone to the second coming of Christ.

voted worst AO of 2013
    both sides are dumb. you hear on the news one side bombs a hospital, and then the next day you hear the other side shot civilians.

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Tbh the Poll is rather awkward tbh.

I support both Israel AND Palestine, however I DON'T support Hamas, and its Hamas who have caused this latest series of violence.

8. Thanked by 1 user:
    The Joker DK (11 Mar 2015)

SG Addict
    Donations:
    $18.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdcoll View Post
    I support both Israel AND Palestine, however I DON'T support Hamas, and its Hamas who have caused this latest series of violence.
    ^ This.

Fuck Hamas.

Banned

the israeli military's acts against palestinian civilians only be described as tyrannical

Banned

Donations:
    $45.00
    Given that Hamas is hiding itself amongst civilians, wearing civilians clothing, and launching missiles from civilian areas, how do you propose Israel combats them better than they already are?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List