Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    #ripkip
    Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy0507 View Post
    Wow, thank you very much. You were spot-on with your "550w Power Supply" because once I used that calculator, it stated that I need a 550w Power Supply. Thanks, hopefully if I get this it'll solve the problem.
    I would definitely not go with the minimum suggested by that calculator considering you didn't have enough with just 50w less. Leave yourself a little breathing room, it's well worth the investment, especially if you are ever planning on upgrading.

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by SexualHarassmentPanda View Post
    I would definitely not go with the minimum suggested by that calculator considering you didn't have enough with just 50w less. Leave yourself a little breathing room, it's well worth the investment, especially if you are ever planning on upgrading.
    Yeah, I know. I ordered a 600w PSU earlier today.

Syracuse Orange!!!
    Donations:
    $70.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy0507 View Post
    Yeah, I know. I ordered a 600w PSU earlier today.
    What one did you buy this time

Also, keep us updated!

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by Labarr View Post

Also, keep us updated!
    To keep you updated, my EVGA 80+ Bronze 600w Power Supply came today. I plugged it in, and still has the same problem as my last one did. But when I was doing the internal-build, I powered it on and a spark came out of the top-right corner of the motherboard. NEAR the top-right corner I should say. I looked up the beep codes for my motherboard and once I plugged everything into the motherboard, I powered it on and still has the same beeps as the last one did with the 500w Power Supply. Once I looked up the beep codes, I powered on my system, heard 6 very short beeps, took me a while to count how many since they were going so fast. But, yes, I counted 6, looked on the beep codes, and saw this: "6 beeps - 8042 gate A20 failure - bad cpu or mainboard" So I guess that means bad processor and/or bad motherboard? I'm pretty positive it's the motherboard now because there were sparks.

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by wawa View Post
    Also make sure that you are using standoffs for the motherboard correctly. You do NOT want your motherboard touching your case.
    That was the exact problem. I completely fried my motherboard because I wasn't using the standoffs. I guess this thread can now close.

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00

Also, keep us updated!
    Erm, nevermind, got the new motherboard today and it's doing the same exact problem. I have no idea what is going on. Should I put in an optical drive with the CD that came with the motherboard upon boot-up? Also, when I turn it on, no beep, it will stay on for a couple of seconds, then it'll shut off. Not sure what it is.

Titleless
    Donations:
    $65.00
    Ehm, well... You don't need to put that CD in upon boot.

As for your problem. It sounds like one of your vital parts isn't connected properly, or is broken/malfunctioning.
    Based on what you've said earlier in this thread and the steps you've tried up until now, I'd say that your CPU is dead... But honestly, it could be anything.

Some (most) motherboards has got this tiny LED screen somewhere on them that shows error code readouts. You should check up on that. Google the motherboard's name + code ##, if you even get to that point.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

9. Thanked by 1 user:
    Wolfy (8 Aug 2014)

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00
    Quote Originally Posted by WriteX View Post
    Ehm, well... You don't need to put that CD in upon boot.

As for your problem. It sounds like one of your vital parts isn't connected properly, or is broken/malfunctioning.
    Based on what you've said earlier in this thread and the steps you've tried up until now, I'd say that your CPU is dead... But honestly, it could be anything.

Some (most) motherboards has got this tiny LED screen somewhere on them that shows error code readouts. You should check up on that. Google the motherboard's name + code ##, if you even get to that point.
    Damn, a broken CPU is the last thing I wanted to hear. But I want to be 100% sure about this. I'll keep looking before I go out and buy another CPU.

I also did look up some beep codes for my motherboard, and I counted approximately 6 short beeps. The page I saw said that that meant it was either a bad motherboard or CPU, I guess it is the CPU. But, like I said, I'll keep looking to see if anything else is the problem.

SG Player

Donations:
    $20.00

Also, keep us updated!
    Okay, so here I am updating you again about this. I was messing around with it and I finally got it to show some on-screen information on the monitor. But on the monitor, it said this exactly: "Over Current has been detected on your USB device ! System will shut down after 15 seconds to protect your mainboard !" By 'mainboard' I suppose they mean the motherboard. So I looked at some forums about people who had the same information pop up on their screen, and I found this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/31...d-shut-seconds

They said, to whoever was also having the problem, to look at their motherboard and disconnect the USB cords that were connected into their case and disconnect them. I'm not sure what to do after that, but I did it and now I powered it back on and it has the same information on the screen as last time. Got any suggestions this time? :/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List